Wednesday, 4 June 2014

WOYWW - #261

Hi there - happy Wednesday to you all, 

For those that stopped by my blog to say 'Hi' last week - thank you so much..

It was so great stopping by a cpl of blogs and being able to see all those wonderful pics from the crop, plus hearing all about it from a few of you.  It was also such a bonus to see some of the ATC's made especially for the event/anniversary - what I saw were pretty awesome - you ladies are super-talented.

I only managed a couple or so desks I'm afraid.  I was working on Wednesday and Thursday - and so I'm fit for nothing on Wednesday and Thursday follows Wednesday making it double as bad.  Need I say more.

Anyway, when I got home on Thursday I could swear I was getting a migraine - I even mentioned it to my husband.  I just sat quietly and waited for it to pass - but unfortunately it didn't seem to go.  Following what felt like a mild migraine, I started to get a feeling of pain in my back molars - as if they were being drilled into, and then cold water being poured on them; then it would move to my front teeth which felt like they were being filed with sandpaper. It would then be my top molars, then my gland, then under my tongue - never on my right side though, always on my left.  By Sunday/Monday, I was in excrutiating pain - never had pain like it before - and that's going some for me... I was experiencing level 9 & 10 pain and then it would go - just like that, but with a dull ache and a niggling shooting pain up my temple... just too awful for words.  Anyway, the dentist has ruled out dental problems, has done xrays and found nothing on them - no treatment required as far as they are concerned.  He's referred me to the Maxio-facial unit at the hospital as a matter of urgency, but said it could still take up to two weeks on an urgent referral.  He couldn't give me any stronger painkillers than those I already take for my other issues.  No point in going to see my doctor about it as he would say the same - he doesn't have authority to prescribe me anything stronger than the pain consultant does. .

Anyway, that all said, I'm so sorry if you didn't get a visit from me last week - I started out with best intentions too... I didn't get that many visits myself - but to be fair, I linked up making a blunder somewhere (I was on my tablet at work when I linked up - and it didn't copy and paste the URL properly, so I tried to type in what a little message came up said I had to include in the html link... I tried, thought i'd managed it only to find I'd hardly had any visits... I then followed the link, and boom - it was there "bad link"!  I did it again when I got home on Wednesday, then forgot the asterisk, so did it again... what a nightmare - I suppose I didn't deserve any visit after all that shambles!!!  I was #72, then 150 then 151 (I think)!!!  Oh well - better luck this week hopefully!  If you're here, then I did something right!

So, onto the desk - here it is - not a lot been done at all I'm afraid (for reasons already explained):

click for a larger view
click for a larger view
Not a pretty site huh?  Plenty to look at though, so if you see something of interest - just ask, and I'll answer any questions.  You can see a project or two on there that I'm in the midst of doing.  Funnily enough, after this pic was taken - I tidied the whole desk up!  At least you got to see it in the genuine state that it was at the time I took the pic - and it wasn't staged, or tidied beforehand - which I'll admit to doing a time or two when it's been too boring for words!!!

So, lets see yours now you've seen mine!  Leave a comment for a return visit.  If you want to know all about WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) - Julia is the host of this magnificent and ever popular link-up/blog hop and has done a special post on her blog, the Stamping Ground, explaining all about it - go HERE for further details.  Otherwise - go HERE if you just want to go over to Julia's blog and link your WOYWW post up.

Thank you for dropping by - I hope to visit as many desks as possible this week and also get my ATC's done and sent.   All depends on this hideous and painful condition. Just wish me luck in that the hospital is in touch as soon as possible.

If anyone has any spare ATC's and would like to cheer me up (hint hint), I'd love to do a swap with you - I appreciate that some of you might never have been here and won't know me from Adam (or Eve?), but we're already friends through being part of this - right? ;)

Anyway, that's me done, so big hugs - and special ones to all those who need one for what ever reason... we all have a story or a cross to bear - right?

Happy WOYWW - wherever you are and whatever you are doing!

Paula x x x 

12 comments:

  1. Hey Paula I hope your feeling better that's horrible to have all that sharp pain in your face. I've had some huge dental issues before so I can understand how bad it can get. Thank god for pain pills some day for sure :) Your pictures won't get big silly blogger but your space is super busy happy WOYWW hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely busy desk - Julia's pristine one worries me this week. It's not natural!!
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you haven't been well and your desk looks very busy. Looking forward to seeing what you create!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy to see you posting......you're ahead of me!!! ;/ So sorry to hear you've been having those pains....Surely hoping they can figure what's going on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you did have a wonderful messy desk, but now that it's cleaned up, you can start making it messy again! Yay! I see one of my favorite items on your desk - the remote!

    www.lindart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy woyww day, sorry to hear you've been unwell.
    This is one busy desk lol!
    Happy crafting, Angela x @ Felix the Crafty Cat.

    http://angelacuttingandcarving.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW sounds like a horrible pain and to have to wait for a week or two...not fun...Can you go to the emergency department if you need immediate help? I haven't forgotten to post...well sort of have it is just I have been so busy with other things and trying to cope with pains here. Thanks for the google reminder that it is WWOYW or I would have forgotten this week. Desk looks nice and busy. Come visit my post...give me a bit to write it and see what I have been up to!! Have a better week. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of your Migraine. I have heard of people having terrible teeth pains with a mig. iI it comes back I'd get yourself to the A&E department, as they would probably get you seen a lot quicker by the consultant.

    So much on your desk. I hope you get some crafting done. My mojo has done a runner:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to trade ATC's with you!. So sorry to read about last week. Sometimes when stuff happens you just have to accept what is and move on. Hope this week is much better! http://afocusedjourney.blogspot.com/2014/06/working-in-wee-hours-of-morning.html
    email: dianebakerwilliams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my sweet friend, Paula, I just hate to hear that you are hurting. Maybe one day they will find out what causes them. I will be thinking of you and if you need a shoulder to lean on, please Skype me. I'm always here for you. Yes, I will send you an ATC. I would love to swap ATCs!! I'll get it off asap. Your Blog is darling!! I suppose I need to start one. I actually have been writing my first post. Trying to decide my "purpose" and trying to get my words just right. Maybe I will email it to you for a little critiquing? You have to be honest with me, even if I start to cry! Lol. Ok, you get well soon. Keep me posted on your progress or prognosis. You're in my heart, always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Paula - you are having such a struggle - hope the pain is easing. I have used up all my ATCs but if I get a spare moment I will see what I can do. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better and back to creating Paula!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails