Sunday, 28 October 2012

You Cast a Spell on Me!

Have you noticed the number of challenges out there that have Halloween as their theme – or a variation on that theme?

Well, recently I’ve been itching to colour some of my Tiddly Ink digi stamps up, so I thought I’d join in with some of those challenges (if I'm not too late) to give me a good reason  to get some printed out.  I have too many of Christy’s digi’s to count, so it seems a real shame that I’ve not coloured any up in a while – which is really bad because I think they are some of the nicest digi’s on the bloggy web.

I’ve never made a Halloween card before – I’ve never had the need; it’s not something I do nor something I send, but I just felt like joining in because there are some stunners out there.  You know what they say?  If you can’t beat them, join them…

Well here she is then



To make my card:
  • I printed out the orange and white striped background paper, which is one that I got from Tiddly Inks a long time ago - I can't remember whether it came bundled with an image and if so which one, but it's definitely one for a spooky occasion.  I then ran it back through my printer to print the spiders web on, which is also a Tiddly Inks digital image.  I then matted it onto black card, before adhering some orange grosgrain ribbon diagonally in opposite corners on that mat before securing it to my card blank.
  • I printed a sheet of black and white damask type pattered paper out which I've had for ages.  If I remember rightly, it was a freebie designed and offered by Jak Heath (over 3, nearly 4 years ago) find it here.  Take a look around Jaks blog for some fabulous design papers and images - all for free personal use only.  I then die cut the paper with Spellbinders label 15.
  • I stuck the pattern paper down before I stuck some gorgeous black feathers down using Pinflair glue gel.  The black feathers represent the black crow or craven associated with horror movies!!!
  • I die cut a smaller labels 15 shape in black card and stuck down over the feathers and the patterned mat.  
  • I then stuck down my image on top of the black mat using Pinflair glue gel again to make it a bit dimensional.  I coloured my image with coloured pencils which has given a softer colour than using my promarker.
  • I wrote the words out in white pen on black card then cut each word out separately then doodled stitches around the edge, then attached them quite skewiff!
  • Finally, I added some small black acrylic gems to each corner of the orange and white stripe paper.
Ingredients:
Image: Cast a Spell – Tiddly Inks Digi Stamp.
Paper: Tiddly Inks Digi paper (orange) with Tiddly Inks spider web digi over top
Design Paper: Black and white damask style paper – freebie from Jak Heath
Other: Feathers, ribbon, gems – all from stash
Colouring medium: Derwent Artist Colouring Pencils

So, after popping over to Feline Playful, these are the challenges that I have chosen to pop my card into:

Tiddly Inks - Challenge #96 - Halloween
Simply Create – Link Part #8 - Anything Goes
Daisy Doodles –  Challenge #70 - Halloween
Make It Monday – Challenge MIM #112 - Anything Goes
My Grafico – Challenge #139 – Halloween
Digi Darla’s Challenges -  Challenge DDC #34 – Halloween
Eureka Stamps – Challenges #11 – Things with Wings
*Forever Friends – Fortnightly Challenge #47 – Halloween/Autumn*
Tuesday Throwdown – Challenge #121 – Halloween
Totally Gorjuss – Challenge 155 – Things with Wings

* edited to add:  by the time I got round to linking this up, the challenge had closed 

So, there are quite a few challenges there.  As someone who hasn’t entered loads in the past – most of them are new to me.  Finding Feline Playful has been a complete revelation to me.  Entering challenges is something that I’m learning and finding out about and hopefully - maybe I’ll learn which ones suit my style more (that's if I’ve got a style – not sure I have)!

I have read all of the rules at each of the above challenge blogs, and have done my best to make sure in advance that I comply with each one respectively.  However, I apologise in advance if I have overlooked anything on any of them which finds that I  actually don't comply.

Thanks for looking, please leave a comment

Happy Crafting
Paula x x x

20 comments:

  1. Great job! Thanks for joining the Eureka! Stamps challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Halloween card, love the coloring job too! Thanks for playing with us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the fantastic layout as well as the sentiment that you have added to it! Love your coloring of this digi!

    Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you put it together! Awesome coloring! Cute image! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Paula.
    Your first halloween card ?, Wow it is awesome .Love the colour combo , the background , the web and feathers for yuk/horror effect .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween card.

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Hope to see you again next week as well....joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute paula and about blooming time you got tiddlying again too girl!! he he he !! Thank you for coming and playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...awesome card Paula, loVe these halloween colours and your beautifully shaded image, great work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab thanks for joining us at daisy doodles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you did join in, your image is super cute;)
    Thanks for playing with us this week at eureka stamps things with wings challenge.
    http://eurekastamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is terrific, Paula! Love the purple. So glad you honored us by playing along at Tuesday Throwdown's "Halloween" challenge this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout and the digi image is fab (especially the colouring). I made a lot of Halloween cards last year (and sold them on Etsy), but run out of time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Halloween card! I really like the black feathers! Glad you found us at Digi Darla's this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's Challenge. Good Luck hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I'm back with another DT hat on :D

    Just love the use of the feathers. Really creative!

    Thanks for joining us as Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning, Paula---as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so wonderful and cute!

    Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is fab thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Playground equipment has evolved to make things more fun for kids. Wilkins Solutions provides playground equipment in Orlando for schools, hotels, apartments and more. playgorund equipment Orlando.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails