Tuesday, 2 October 2012

My Favourite Bear...

I have made quite a few (hundred?) cards that have never made it to this blog - because basically I either forget, or the time passes and momentum gone.  However, every now and again, I will find a reason or an excuse to bring one to the WWW.  Something that needs to become more of a routine!

Just to set the scene; I am trying much harder to keep up with my blogging and in the last few days, I've been tinkering about with my blog - have given it a new livery although not sure how long it will last as everything looks a bit large - like a website for the partially sighted - and I'm not poking fun at anyone but myself when I say that!  I might have to play around a bit more before I get it to a point where I'm happy with how it looks.

More importantly though, I've been playing with the gadgets in my bar - and making new blog lists.  Part of that little exercise has been to look at what challenges I could put there that I might possibly be able to take part in.

Now, as I may have said before - unless I'm making a card for a purpose i.e. because a friend or family members birthday is coming up, I struggle with making cards for the sake of making cards - I struggle with just making one to fit with a theme.  However, if I can incorporate a theme into my card that I have already set out to do - and it actually helps unblock what the tablets seem to be blocking, well we'll see what we can do.  Obviously there have been months and months when I've just not felt like doing anything - but because I bought and own a vast amount of crafting paraphinalia, (like the average crafter does) then I am obliged to make one.  It's the law.

So, I've been looking on this really helpful blog called 'Feline Playful' which lists all the challenges that are being held along with details of the theme plus details of whether its a weekly or monthly challenge etc etc.  I must have been a follower of Feline Playful for a couple of years now - but not fully appreciated what they do - so to have a good look at their site over the last couple of days has been a great revalation to me - and I love what they do.  I know quite a few bloggers will already know about this site - so I'm not trying to preach to the converted, just explain where I am with things right now.

The card I'm about to show can be entered into several challenges - it's a really long time since I have entered a challenge - so here goes....


This card was made to look like an open book and has 3 layers of pages as well as the back layer which is where I wrote my greeting and doubles as a stand too.  



The file was a freebie from the Clipart Fairy - I've just looked so I could link it up for you but it doesn't appear to be available any longer - however, you are sure to find something that you like there - so here's a link to the site itself HERE

The flowers and leaves were all hand made - die cut using Crealies dies, bought from Joanna Sheene.  Each flower has a little pearl flower in the centre.

The image is from my Forever Friends collection - the first Docrafts CD that was launched by Docrafts on Create and Craft.  However, because that version of the software is no longer installed on my PC (I do have the new one though), I saved all the jpegs so I can use in another graphics programme.  You are not able to access the jpeg files now but its not necessary anyway being as the software is really good.

The card was to my Goddaughter so oodles of pink is the law for a 9 year old's girly girl card!!!!

Here is an image of the box lid I made to put the card in:



I've made several cersions of this card now because they always turn out into a bit of a showpiece,have since made a cut file so that I can do it on my Cameo rather than have my rubbish cutting out ruining the card.  On some of those I have made since - I've given the 'pages' desinition and height by giving them a gentle curve.  You can do this by rolling (not tightly) the pages round a rolling pin or a hairspray can, but I prefer to gently curve them by pulling them agains the edge of the desk - sounds bizzare, but it does work - give it a go.  I have saved a couple of them that I haven't blogged yet so should do these one day.  One was for my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary last October - they liked it so much that my MIL has had it framed and displayed on the wall.

Anyway - this card is being entered into the following challenges.  Wish me luck!!!
 
Card Mania - Handmade Flowers
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Challenges - Three (my 3 flowers - or three pages)
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Use Pink
Forever Friends - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Design Challenge - Bears
Lexi's Creations - Pink
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Handmade Flowers
Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes
Victorine Stamps - Lots of Layers

Well, there are a lot of challenges there that I believe my card fits into - I've looked at the rules - and at the info that Feline Playful helpfully provide - fingers crossed... all I have to do now is re-visit these blogs so that I can link this post to them.

I hope you like this card - I really love it personally and think I'll use it as inspiration in a few upcoming cards.

Crafty hugs

Paula x x x 

13 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. Such soft delicate colours and gorgeous flowers. I love the layering.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this is such an adorable card! Love the teddy and the soft colors! You certanly have to post more cards!! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Your card is so beautiful the F/F Image is just the cutiest!! beautiful layout and thank you for the link l'm going over there shortly to check it out as your card is just so lovely and fits our challenge over at Forever Friends thank you for joining us and good luck in the challenge hope to see you again Dt Member Sandra H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Paula, I hope to soon get back to making cards and sending you an email. Hugs Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I have been using Feline Playful for a while - and it really helps me to focus on getting a card made. I enjoy seeing DT creations for inspiration and sometimes I might even win a prize! Through entering challenges I have discovered some fab blogs that I now follow and tried lots of new techniques/styles. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. Such a gorgeous design, I love the cute image and your beautiful flowers.

    Thank you so much for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge this time.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card and I love your gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL card very well thoughtout love the flowers ..Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty and love the flowers! Thanks for joining with us at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card and perfick for our Think Pink challenge this week. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake and good luck :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww, this is adorable! LOV IT!!
    Thank you for joining our bears, bears bears challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week! Hope to see you back next week! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card, love the image thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month,
    Kaz,
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails