Following the exciting news that I was the design team members chosen winner for challenge 46, on the Forever Friends Challenge blog- not only did I win digi stamps from Saturated Canary, but I was also honoured with the chance to become their Guest DT member for this fortnights challenge (challenge number 48) which is a sketch challenge.
Sketches are easy peasy to follow if you struggle with card blindness or loss of mojo – like I often do! So, here is the sketch, which I have to add, was a dream to use:
So, using the sketch, this is the card I came up with. You can see it on the Forever Friends Challenge website. If you want to enter your own card using this sketch, you have a whole fortnight to so do – the deadline is Midnight on Sunday 11th November. In the meantime, I will be sending this to a special couple very soon – but cannot divulge who right now!
Here is my card – regular readers are accustomed to my love of Forever Friends Black and Gold and my cards which are dotted about my blog!
A little bit of info about how I made the card:
- Forever Friends Black and Gold collection from the Docrafts Digital Designer for the patterned papers, the image and the sentiment.
- Cuttlebug Corner die
- Spellbinders Square Nestibilities - classic square small and classic square large for the matting and layering of the 4 smaller squares
- Spelbinders Label 15 to cut the cream pearl cardstock then embossed with the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder. This was used as a mat for gorgeous image of the Forever Friends couple topper. I designed the topper with the frame round using the Docrafts Designer Software, then cut out by hand.
- Spellbinders Fancy Tags which I cut using black cardstock. The sentiment was then matted on top.
- Marianne Design Creatables Large Swirl which I cut out of gold mirri card
- The cute little cream flowers are from my stash and have been there for ages. I think I bought them off ebay
Happy crafting all
Paula x x x
I’d love it if you left a comment.