Monday, 29 October 2012

Guest DT Spot–Forever Friends Challenge Blog

Hello crafty friends and bloggy followers

Following the exciting news that I was the design team members chosen winner for challenge 46, on the Forever Friends Challenge blog-  not only did I win digi stamps from Saturated Canary, but I was also honoured with the chance to become their Guest DT member for this fortnights challenge (challenge number 48) which is a sketch challenge.

Sketches are easy peasy to follow if you struggle with card blindness or loss of mojo – like I often do!  So, here is the sketch, which I have to add, was a dream to use:

FF sketch 2 (2)

So, using the sketch, this is the card I came up with. You can see it on the Forever Friends Challenge website.  If you want to enter your own card using this sketch, you have a whole fortnight to so do – the deadline is Midnight on Sunday 11th November.  In the meantime, I will be sending this to a special couple very soon – but cannot divulge who right now!

Here is my card – regular readers are accustomed to my love of Forever Friends Black and Gold and my cards which are dotted about my blog!

DSCN1646 (581x550)DSCN1651 (464x505)

 A little bit of info about how I made the card:
  • Forever Friends Black and Gold collection from the Docrafts Digital Designer for the patterned papers, the image and the sentiment.
  • Cuttlebug Corner die 
  • Spellbinders Square Nestibilities - classic square small and classic square large for the matting and layering of the 4 smaller squares
  • Spelbinders Label 15 to cut the cream pearl cardstock then embossed with the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder. This was used as a mat for gorgeous image of the Forever Friends  couple topper.  I designed the topper with the frame round using the Docrafts Designer Software, then cut out by hand.
  • Spellbinders Fancy Tags which I cut using black cardstock.  The sentiment was then matted on top.
  • Marianne Design Creatables Large Swirl which I cut out of gold mirri card
  • The cute little cream flowers are from my stash and have been there for ages.  I think I bought them off ebay
Hope you love the card as much as I do!

Happy crafting all

hugs
Paula x x x

I’d love it if you left a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mate, how are you doing? Lovely card, I have always loved forever friends ever since I was a child. I love the colours you have used, very sophisticated, I am sure they will love it! Take care, lots of love Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails