Wednesday, 22 August 2012

What distracts you when you're trying to craft?

Wow, how overdue for a blogpost am I?

I've written several over the past few weeks; usually to join in with WOYWW, hosted by our lovely Julia from Stamping Ground, but I never get round to finishing it off as there is always some distraction or other.  I take the photo's of my desk then spend far too much time editing them and making them into a size that is easier for uploading.  I'll also write a couple of paragraphs to describe what is in the photo's - and then I might go round the houses (as you do), and before I can finish off, something will distract me.

Now that can be a number of things: the kids; having to cook tea; my mum or sister visiting; the kids (worth a second mention); but most of all - it's this little monster that is responsible for those very distractions.


 

Hard to believe looking at these pictures - it's as if butter wouldn't melt.  Believe me, butter wouldn't get a chance to melt.

He likes to do things he's not supposed to do, so I am constantly having to break off what I am doing just so that I can check up on him when he's gone quiet - which is the worst because you know he's up to something out of sight and is somewhere he's not supposed to be either!

He normally likes to pinch things we keep in the garage.  Take toilet rolls for example.  We keep excess packs in there, as we have a big cupboard full of surplus supplies.  One time I was at the craft desk when I suddenly realised that he was quiet and I couldn't see him.  But look out of the conservatory door and this is what I saw.  This was the first pack of 9.  He'd already started on a 2nd packet, but that's when I caught him.



Below is the remnants of a large tasselled curtain tie-back, that despite being told to leave alone, he'd make his way on to the bay windowsill via the nearest armchair.  This is the result of a good old tie-back eating session.  Obviously, it went into the bin!


Below is my favourite pair of glasses that he stole off my chest while I was asleep.  Unbeknowing to me (or anyone else), since I've been on lots of medication, I do things without knowing when I am dropping to sleep... one of them is that I take my glasses off - they usually end up round my neck, but sometimes on my chest if I'm laid down... well, I must have dozed off in the conservatory one time and automatically put them there (the other thing I do by the way is twitch - big style (just in case you were still wondering what was the other thing I did)... I woke up and the first thing I did was to look for my glasses.  Down the side of the sofa, under the pillows, on the floor; no, IN THE DOG BASKET!!!

Anyway, I had two spare pairs, so all was good (I used to be in Westfield Healthcare and needed to get rid of my glasses allowance (or lose it), so I had 4 pairs of glasses at once).  The second pair didn't last long either.  I went to the bathroom one morning and came back to one of the arms having dropped off, so was down to my 3rd pair (the 4th were sunglasses).  Now although I am still wearing the 3rd pair, I've had to mend them with micro pore tape - on the ends of the arms that go behind the ears.  So they don't scratch me, because he bit the ends of which exposed the metal!  Oh, and I have to colour them in black too because he chewed the front near the lenses - loads of dimples in (teethmarks).  I'm not sure what people must think when they look it me.  Oh, there is a tooth mark on the lens itself too, which I mistake all the time for a fly or piece of dirt.  I think he's just about got bored with them now he's done all the damage!!!


 Here he is eating his fourth pepper plant.  The first ones my husband had grown.  He really did have a taste for these... most of all though - he loves playing with plant pots and has spent more time playing with empty plant pots than he has any other toy he owns...
Here is a pot of sequins that he just decided he liked in the craft room.  He likes to help himself to things you see.

I had to put a baby gate up to the craft room - which is really our conservatory - which is open plan just off the kitchen, so no doors to close.  Well, we never knew we were going to have a buddy when we had the work done!!!
Here he is with his lampshade on just after he was castrated... that wasn't the real problem though.  When we had him, he had a hernia so we waited until he could have them both done at the same time so he would just be subject to the one anaesthetic.  He managed remarkably well, although he managed to break out of it eventually.  I had to lace it up with some ribbon to keep it on.

This was his first Christmas -ever.  He took a liking to the decorations.  This one used to look like a snowball in the way that it had been made - well, it didn't last too long - although I've had these for years and years!  It wasn't the only casualty of the festive season.
All of a sudden - just one day, he started to jump in the bath.  We figured out it was his way of telling us he was thirsty.  He continues to do it, but you know how you (everybody must) have an old measuring jug in the bathroom - well, you have to fill it up with cold clean water for him and he drinks it until he's had enough.  It usually means he has a wet beard afterwards - but I find his powers of communication amazing.  When we are downstairs - he scratches the glass door on the washing machine when he wants fresh water - almost like he's digging the door!!!

 This is my mums mobility scooter.  Funnily enough, I have other pics like this with our Bedlington on, and also our tabby cat.  He looks as if he owns the thing!










This is pretty comical, because I have a few of photographs with him with this ball slinger.  He trots about the garden with it - when he manages to fathom out how to pick it up, that is.

The idea is to play with the ball that is thrown, not the slinger!

My son is a tennis player, so we have old tennis balls all over the garden, yet he's still rather play with this!  It's funniest though when he's trying to get through a doorway with it and can't understand why he gets stuck!

During some of the really hot, muggy weather we've had recently, I've had to put the fan on for him.  Well, you'd think it was for him seeing as he claimed it!!

Being naughty but cute, can be really tiring, especially when he's had me running round after him checking up on him, taking things off him, telling him off, stopping him from barking or tormenting the cat.  Well, it's all in a days work for him... he'll never change - or at least I wouldn't change him for the world, but he's having an impact on my blogging!!!!!





So there you have it.  The biggest single most reason for my lack of blogging - or at least for me not blogging as much as I want to.  I'll have to turn a blind eye to some of what he's getting up to - but then again, if I do, what state will home, garden and nerves be in?

In a future post, I'll publish some photos of my other dog, Dylan.  He is a very proud Bedlington who isn't always so tolerant of Buddy.  They are very different in personality, but I think Dylan has mellowed no end since we had Buddy.  He's had to for his own sanity.  So have the cats!

That's it for now, I'll bring some nice pics of Dylan at a later date, but I'll do some cards in the next post.

Bye for now
Big crafty hugs

Paula x x x

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant post Paula....I can see Buddy is a bit like looking after 11 month old twins! :-) A challenge every minute.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness what a gorgeous pooch, we have a shih tzu in the same colours, he's a little bit of a devil too but i swear he doesnt realise he's a dog he thinks hes one of the children lol
    gotta love them dont you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post with great photo's Makes my lot look like saints. Only coz they are too lazy to get up to mischief,
    Hugs
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is just gorgeous!!!!! What a handful but also what an amazing friend to have around the place! Please can we see more of Dylan too? I adore Bridlingtons. Lovely to see you back on your blog, I have missed you, HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh heh heh, but he is cute and what can you do when he looks as cute as that! Have you thought about taking him to dog training, there might be a reason he steals and chews everything! I remember Dylan from earlier posts, more please!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula that was so funny, he is soooooooooooooo cute and what a personality i just love that face. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, that just brought tears to my eyes - from laughter and also from missing my Pekes (had 3 over the years and the last left us over 4 years ago). I now have a super-cute Jack Russell and my elderly Lurcher, who are both very quiet in the house (except when there is a knock at the door!) and cause me no bother. Our very spoilt cat, Milky, has taken over the role of 'distraction master' and she has me very well trained!! Thank you for cheering me up on this very early morning (up because of pain - so had a strong painkiller and escaped to my craft room). Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails