Wednesday, 11 July 2012

WOYWW 163 (11/07/12)

Each and every week othere is a phenomenon that happens in blogland... It always happens on a Wednesday, and starts somewhere in the county of Wiltshire, England.  It's known by the acronym WOYWW.  I first joined in with WOYWW in January 2010 just after I first set up my blog (04.01.10).  Only a few days after that, I was posting about something which was life changing - although I didn't quite appreciate that at the time.  Actually, blogging itself was a life changing event - certainly one for the better anyway because I've 'met' some of the most fabulously friendly and supportive ladies I've met in my life, and hope will be in my life for a very long time to come.


Each and every Wednesday, I attempt to join in with WOYWW but because of said life-changing event, by the time i've got myself together and sorted out then done what I need to do, it usually gets a bit late or I'm caught up in something else and the moment passes by.  If you are unfamiliar with the WOYWW concept - then you need to go HERE in order to find out how you may join in yourself.  Put it this way, it's like a link-party/blog hop where you collect friends along the way, along with views of desks or workspaces that are in a varying state of order or disarray.  In the early days, I was renowned for my rather long posts, but I've always been one to talk a lot, write a lot, comment a lot or even text a lot... 


Recently, I've also attempted on several occasions to post regular stuff on to my blog; I start the post, then something happens to distract me and I end up with several posts in draft form on my blog post list...


However, you're not here to hear all about that - you want to see what's on my desk don't you?  Well, I've just taken these pictures this morning and its NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!!!


click to enlarge
This first pic is a head on view of the desk.  In my defence, I was tidying the floor of the craft room where things have been getting out of hand recently due to the amount of stuff I have hanging about.  The desk became a bit of a dumping area while I sorted out the copious amounts of A4 storage boxes that had got only bits and bobs in from little jobs either not started, or finished... I put them in their proper places.


There is a pile of CD Roms - the top one is the shabby vintage something or other from Debbie Moore - I also have the Haberdashery one - they were on offer together and are really pretty... On the pile is also the first Nigel May CD that I bought for my Mum - but have borrowed it back for a while seeing as she keeps pleading ignorance on how to use it (the whole reason I bought it for her is because it's easy to use).  Also on the pile are some Docrafts Digital Designer CD Roms - The Forever Friends 'Best of British', Papermania 'Portobello Road', Boofle and Papermania 'Capsule Collection' - the free one that came with the Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine - this was to add to the full version I already have.  Come to think of it, there is only one of the Digital Designer CD Roms I don't have, and that's the Me to You Spring collection... which I missed for some reason - but I'm not paying the 'pretend full price' for it...


There is a hair colour on there which I need to do the patch test for, a treasure chest I'm decorating for my sister - so far I've got all the painting on it done - it's silvery purple (several layers of acrylic paint)... I just need to finish it off.  Some unread magazines on there, a couple of small canvases that I've painted - the rest is simply stuff I need to put away in their rightful places (not that the aforementioned things should rightfully be on the desk or anything)!!!  Everything has a rightful home - I'll be putting things away over the course of the day, in between cooking, pegging washing out, cleaning and playing)!!!


Here is a second picture which is just another aspect of the messy desk:


Click to enlarge
Just a view from the right... you can see that there is a large degree of pile-up on the printer too which is to the far-left of the desk (so camouflaged by the mess, I bet you can't spot it)!!!
view above the desk - click to enlarge
Above is a view of the tools (punches) etc. above my desk... I am going to sell the Martha Stewart Punches because I simply don't use them - one or two have been used more than a couple of times, but the majority might only have been 'tried' one or two times...  If anyone is interested in any of them, get in touch as soon as possible.  All are in perfect working order - I just don't use them and feel that I could use the money for things that I would use.  I have loads of craft tools that fit that category, and will be listing them in the coming days.


I haven't been very good at blogging at all just recently - and that goes for visiting desks and blogs in addition to the lack of posts from me.  I have been working on quite a few projects in the last 2-3 months because there has been some rather big birthdays and events going on - some milestone birthdays etc etc... each time I embark on making a 'special' card, like everyone, I pour my heart and soul into it, but the effort I have to make just to get the same result, feels like double any effort I would have had to make in the past.  Everything feels harder than it used to feel and that's not only because of my condition and how I feel daily, but down to the side effects of the medication too.  That said, I am a million miles better mentally than I was a couple of years ago - even up to before the New Year - it's a matter of the mind being willing - the body aint so co-operative at times.


To add to everything else, I currently have a gazillion e-mails to tend to and feel like I spend my days wading through the stuff that I don't need to read right now but don't want to unsubscribe from in case I miss something... it's like treading swamp water. I've got some emails from very dear 'e-friends' that I have to even read yet - and all added together feels epic at times.  So, if you are reading this but still waiting for a response to an email... apologies - it's on its way :O)


So, my friends, this blog post comes with a caveat / a friendly 'heads-up' / an apology in advance.... because I may not be able to get round everyone - for each or some of the reasons that I mention above - but one that I forgot to mention... If I don't fall to sleep after being on the laptop for around ten minutes.... then I'm doing well.

If you can forgive me that, I will promise to get round to as many as I can over the coming week...  If I don't pay you a visit, please believe me that it wasn't / isn't personal.  It's me!!!


Biggest hugs and happy WOYWW


Paula xxx


p.s. Don't forget to leave a comment... please :O) xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Paula

    If ever you need a hand to sort out your craft room - call me and I'll be right there wiv a wheelbarrow!

    Email on the way - love and hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey - what a lot of stuff you have!!!! My dear old aunt used to say - "If you haven't used it for 2 years , get rid of it -you don't need it" So there you go Paula - mark it up and sell it on. Hope you are feeling a bit better. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula - Lovely post. First time I have seen hair colour on a craft desk! Are you in the garage by any chance you windows look a bit like mine! As does your printer!! I too use mine as additional storage. It is a pain if you have to copy something! Printing no problemo! WOYWW Hugs from Helen 69

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll come help you sort too though I think I need to work on my on crafty room first. Ha, ha. Lots to look at in your area today.
    Sandy #122
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie, nice to see your workspace once again xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab space! Hope your sort goes ok, mine needs doing to. Take care, enjoy desk hopping. Zo xx 62

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you here again - and don't worry about getting to everyone, i don't think anyone can any more!! Take care, my friend. Helen 16

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Amazing space - very organised! You live in Chesterfield - great place! I went to University in Sheffield and know that area quite well. Love the peaks! jenx 135

    ReplyDelete
  9. My actual 'desk' also becomes the dumping ground when I move things around so I loved your desk too! I then spread out to work somewhere else ... *sigh* Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz 133 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though it is looking a little messy it looks like a great creative space.
    Thanks for sharing
    Catherine #138

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paula,
    Trust me when I say I don't get round everyone each week either so don't feel too bad. It is just nice to see you blogging from time to time.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for a peep at your workspace. Hope you have a good week - Hazel, WOYWW #124 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post Paula, thanks for sharing! Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes sometimes we buy things like your punches and then think darn I haven't used that, or its not as good as I thought that would be. On selling is the way to go. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails