Tuesday, 8 May 2012

My furry boys

Hello there - thanks for coming to visit my blog.

I'm actually writing this post while sat on the sofa watching Britain's Got Talent.  The dog really did it for me the other day.  I am totally in love with it.  The first time she came on with him, I actually cried because of the close bond of the two of them.  That dog clearly adores her and it really plays on my heartstrings - and that's because I know what that dog must mean to her.  As a family, we had our first dog in 2005, a Bedlington called Dylan.  He's a bit of a funny one keeps himself to himself and appears to be a bit nocturnal - rarely plays during the day.  He sits very proud and his gait is very 'show ring' style.  Here is a pic of him not quite making eye contact with the camera:



Last August, quite out of the blue we acquired a 5 month old Shih Tzu puppy.  He had been mistreat and it was a matter of the couple either giving him up, or my sister reporting them for cruelty to the RSPCA (they were a relative of her OH).  The day my sister brought him certainly changed our lives.  I absolutely adore him.  We renamed him Buddy (it was Zorro but it really didn't suit him).

He follows me around everywhere (and I mean everywhere).  He waits outside the bathroom while I shower and at first likes to investigate the noise of the shower.  If I go upstairs during the day for anything, he'll follow me and lay on the edge of my bed.  He follows me to the garage and to peg the washing out... I think you get the picture!

He's so funny, mischievous, naughty and great company for Dylan - that's when Dylan wants to play.  He loves the cats and follows them around, which sometimes turns into a chase - despite being told not to do it.  The feeling from the cats is not always mutual mind.  He does try to get near them:

This is just after Buddy had surgery - he always tries to get near to Tiggy
- he was a bit hampered here with his 'lampshade' on - although he managed
an impressive Houdini act quite a few times and escaped from it!

Here he is on the sofa in the conservatory with Katie Kitten (I still call her that even though she is
approaching 5 years old).  He does love them but sometimes he pushes his luck and she runs off behind the TV!
My husband has just had a new greenhouse - well, one of those with the green plastic covering.  He had a smaller one but it finally became victim to bad winds and rains in the last few months - and he'd had it some time.  Anyhow, no longer had he put it up and started to put his plants in etc, that Buddy decided it would be a good idea to chew the corner of a grow bag and have it all over.

Greenhouse zipped up, my husband nipped out somewhere at the weekend and no sooner had he gone, both dogs had found a way in... they chewed the corner to make it loose enough on the frame so they could crawl under the bottom at the front in order to get in.  Well, my husband lost all of his pepper plants last year to Buddy's penchant for plant pots - of any size, of any colour.  He never learnt from the first one going - he lots them all.  This year, the late frost and bad rain of the last couple of weeks put paid to some of the stuff he'd planted, bearing in mind the last mini plastic greenhouse was in a bit of a sorry state!


Once he'd done this, he kept the plant pots as a trophy - empty pots are dotted around the house - these are his favourite 'toys'!  Most of his toys are improvised from something he shouldn't have had in the first place.

Here are a few more shots of his exploits:

This was the first pack he'd had all over the drive, the packet at the bottom of the picture would
have been his next victim had I not caught him.  I thought he was being quiet - and that usually means trouble!



A 'snowball' bauble which had become victim at Christmas
- as well as other stuff off the Christmas tree!!!
This is my husbands GQ magazine after Buddy met the postman
before anyone else did.  This actually came in a grey plastic bag too.

This was once the tie-back to my lounge curtains.  Despite being told and told to leave them alone
this is how it ended up one mischievous day
This is what happened to my leather toe-posts after I turned my back one day...
It's not the first or only pair he's had... there is very often an odd shoe on the lawn or drive - or in
his hiding place under the kitchen table where he goes if he's pinched something!!!




The following pictures are some of the places he gets himself into - and too good a photo opportunity to miss!

This is my mums 'chariot' - I've also got one of the cat on it at a
different time - they must fancy a ride or something!


Sat at the table - he'll take any opportunity if someone hasn't
put the chairs back properly!
He started getting into the bath not so long ago.  It usually means he wants a drink of water
so I have to fill up the jug we used to use to swill the bath out with.  I then have to
clean the bath out because of the footprints.
How ironic he should be napping near this pillow!
Dylan ripping into his Christmas pressie...
another shot of Dylan doing his favourite thing... he loves pressies!

Here is a picture of my gorgeous fur-babies.  They're probably waiting for a treat here.



So, a little insight to my lovely fur babies.  I love them both dearly, but there is just something so special about Buddy.  Something that opened up a very special place in my heart.  I think this is why I cried  when I saw Ashleigh perform with Pudsey on Britain's got talent.  Although Buddy will only do the basic few commands, I see the love they clearly have for each other and it makes my heart swell because I know exactly how that feels.

I know this post is nothing to do with crafting - but if I'd have gone on a tangent during another post - it would have made it a bit longer than this one.

big hugs

Paula xxx


8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness your buddy is near on exactly the same markings as my wicket - shih tzus are just adorable arent they, true loyal friends :)
    wicket is constantly by my side he's the 3rd baby of the house, i truly believe he doesnt realise he's a dog sometimes lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Buddy and Dylan are just too adorable Paula and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing their photos!

    Pudsey is a super happy dog and you can definitely see the love they share but it takes another dog owner to fully appreciate it!

    Hope you're well!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, great pics and these little loves will help lift your spirits when you're feeling low.
      Anne xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Paula, Love seeing all the photos of your dogs. They are so cute. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures of your furry firends Paula, I bet they are great company.

    I've not seen you around for some time, I hope everything is ok.

    Happy Crafting!

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, I have only just read this post and I just love it the things buddy gets upto just gives me hysterics being a dog lover with two of my own I know exactly how you feel. They are both gorgeous and must give you hours of pleasure even if they are destroying your home LOL. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails