Wednesday, 3 August 2011

WOYWW

Gosh - I haven't posted for WOYWW for months - sorry Julia.

This, in part, is due to not being terribly well, and not being an efficient blogger either - plus also letting Wednesdays creep up on me and go again before I get chance to notice what's happened - but that's true of the other days in the week ; the weeks, and even the months.

However, I've written a few posts today so it seems I'm on a roll.... so why not do one more.

A couple of weeks ago - OH and I had a trip to IKEA to see if there was something that would clear up some of the things in my craft room/conservatory that were hanging about without a place to live.  All available shelves and cupboards were full to bursting - so it needed something else - another solution to try and sort it out - or get rid of some stash - which of course, I'm not going to do!!!

We went and found the perfect solution so spent over £250 getting just 3 sets of drawers to do the job.

So that OH wouldn't (and couldn't) procrastinate - I set to supervising the boys to empty the cupboard where a lot of the stuff was already stored.  Everything out of the cupboard ended up on the floor and the sofa - here's what it looked like:






My mess even spilled over to the kitchen...


Here are a few of the improvement shots after a long weekend of tidying up:

These drawers now house all of my papers, decoupage sets, special papers (for having - not using).  I emptied over 15 of those plastic storage boxes - much to the dismay of him indoors because he said there was nowhere to put them in the garage - along with all the other stuff I've got in there for those 'just in case' moments!!!

Anyway, the improvements continue.  The printer is a laser one that I bought back in Feb/Mar.  I hadn't had it out of the box until we finished the change over.  I bought a laser printer to work with the Foil-It machine I bought at the same time - which is still in the cello wrapping.  One day...



At the end of the drawers, OH fixed 3 spice racks from IKEA - these were about £3 each.  All the jars I already had.  New stash of buttons bought at the Doncaster show all sorted into the cute little spice jars and perfect to have behind me - at the swish of the chair...


The Cinch fits perfectly on top of the new drawers at the end, ensuring most of my large tools are kept together and in one place.

Right, here is the desk area after OH has put additional rails up for my punches.  Below the punches is the storage for my Spellbinder dies and other dies. Everything at hand - however, I've found it better to stand up when I'm using the Cuttlebug - I usually take it to the kitchen table or a counter top as that it just the right height.


I had a spare spice rack and a bit of space above the desk on the wall - and I knew just what I wanted to put there... I had the cross bar removed so that I could use the shelf for my ink pads.  I'll have to make sure I don't go above the light switch with more ink pads.  I've tried to sort them out into appropriate colour families but not sure I've managed it.


A better view of my growing collection of EK Success punches.


Here is my lovely carousel which I don't think I'd be able to do without now.  It holds so much stuff!!!.

Hope you've enjoyed the little adventure around my craft room!  Its not looking quite so tidy at this moment in time... Ive been making my DT card for next month for Get Funky - where I will actually be hosting and setting the challenge - that kicks off on the Funky Fifteenth, so please come back to have a look at what the theme is to see if you can join in!

I'm going to join in with WOYWW this week, although technically - the pics are from when we did the change of furniture - well, thats the Royal 'we' as OH did it.  The bits and bobs I managed to do took me out for 2 days - I was in pain and slept for the best part of 2 days...

hold on - I've just taken a pic of my desk - not brill as its 1.55am, but its the best I can do considering... This post is on the laptop while I took the pic and added this little bit on - quite surreal isn't it?


There might be a few things of interest on there tonight - particularly the cookie on top of my cup - I put it there to soften the while Belgium chocolate... hmmm.  The main bits on the glass mat (thats not suppose to scratch, but is scratched to the nines) is my project for FH so unfortunately I had to cover it up... you don't mind, do you?

Thanks for looking - please go and join Julia at Stamping Ground for Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  It will be good joining in again cos I've not done it for months (Hi Julia if you read this)!  Also hi to all my old friends who I met through WOYWW - there are some very special people and friendships found and formed here...

Keep smiling!

Hugs,
Paula x x x x

17 comments:

  1. wow - you HAVE had a sort out! Love all your new storage, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done your for the big sort out. What a lot of wonderful stash you have and what a lovely play space you have now. Good to see you joining in today.
    Big hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been in so much pain again Paula, it can’t be easy when you really want to join in a do things but know that you can’t.
    Still, the family have done a wonderful job of your storage space and now you can enjoy everything having it’s place. I’m envious because my craft space really needs a makeover too…………one day!

    Happy Crafting!
    Sue
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft space looks wonderful - a great place to chill out and take life easy!! Have a good week. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - eating cookies at 2 in the morning - how decadent!

    I love those drawers, although I don't have any. I do have some of the spice jars, though, they're fab and I could fill a dozen more! Well done on your sort-out; there seems to be a lot of that going on just now.
    Helen S

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Fab OH, I will take pictures of my craft room (which is actually the spare bedroom) one day. I started off in the Conservatory but my stock got soooooooooo big that I was encroaching in the dining room, accidentally on purpose hehehe ;). Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing your room made me smile! We have so much stuff from the same shop!! i have different shelves for my little jars tho but yours looks great!
    Thanks for sharing
    :-D
    Lisa
    #59

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula, thank you for having become a follower of my blog. I quite like your crafting heaven and am imressed with crafting supplies. I like your projects as well.
    As for your question, I coloured all of the images on my blog with either Promarkers or Aquamarkers.I. haven't received my SNoirs yet and am looking forward to playing with them.

    And, I do like being called Donka because it is shorter version of my name.
    Regards and Happy Crafting,
    DOnka

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a remarkable job of remodeling your space. I'm really impressed. I only wish I had the desire to do basically the same thing.

    You were MISSED. At least, you were missed by me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on all the upgrading and rearranging of your workspace! It looks great! Where would we be without IKEA? How great that you turned around and got it all done right away! Have a happy WOYWW -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Money well spent I'd say! Great re-do and I can only imagine the creations you'll be able to make in that space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ...love the reorganization ...those drawers are fantastic ....clever idea to add the spice racks and jars on the end....have never seen those units before ..there is so much its easy to miss bits.
    I see you have ? woodware punches ...I bought an 11/2sq one and it wont cut anything but the thinest card....is that normal?

    Great to see you back here and thanks for dropping by ...I'm very behind this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Paula, thanks for the visit, lovely to 'peak' to you again. Your craft space is brilliant, you have some great storage ideas. I have loads of those spice jars- mine are in the kitchen tho, full of herbs!lol.Love your collection of EK success punches- I can take it they are very good- no-one buys lots if they are poor do they? I shall buy with confidence now, thanks. Happy WOYWW, Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for all the peeks. Isn't it nice to organize, and then be able to see the results, for a little while... until we mess it up again. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! you've been awfully busy! Love the multiple drawers for your papers! I could use one of that for mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on the new drawers and storage. I luv IKEA. I bought two of the wider drawers and stacked them and they hold so much and make life so much easier! Sorry I am so late getting around but once again life has interfered with what I want to do! Thanks for sharing. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing all the new goodies and sorting out "you" accomplished. Would love to get some of the Ikea storage, but not in budget. Oh well all good things in time. Don't stay away from WOYWW. #92

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails