Wednesday, 3 August 2011

My Funky Hand DT Card - August

Hello to my blogging friends - and blogging family!

Its my turn to post my DT card over at Funky Hand Towers (aka Get Funky) for this months challenge which was set on the Funky Fifteenth, by the lovely Ruth.  The theme she set for us this time was Boys, Boys, Boys!!!

Well, having 2 boys of my own - I thought that this challenge was going to be a walk in the park.  However, my printer had other thoughts and has been playing me up - well - THEY have been playing me up - more on that later...

However, despite all the problems I had - I came good in the nick of time and virtually only got my card finished and photographed at the 11th hour (i.e. - the day before this post goes live)!

Following the theme of 'Boys Boys Boys' - I thought I'd make a card for my Godson and kill two birds with one stone - and further still, enter my card in to the sketch challenge over at 'Fetch a sketch'.

Here is my card - made by using the Papercraft Factory collection of CD ROMS which incorporates 'Colour Me Happy', 'Dreams Come True' and 'Craft the Year Away' - and used a paper from each CD to make my simple card.  The boots which are a digi image from the 'Craft the Year Away' CD were printed out on a fourth paper then coloured in with promarkers to finish the pattern off.

Here is the card:





I have two sons - both have played football for local Junior Football Teams - my younger son still plays, while my older son has been a tennis fanatic for the past 5 years - he did both for a couple of season - but soon knew which one he preferred!  He now plays mens tennis competitively and has been picked for the 'A' team a couple of times.

I will be entering this card for the 'Fetch a Sketch' challenge number 3 -
All details of the card are explained in full on the 'Get Funky' Challenge Blog - HERE

Thanks for reading - please leave a comment to say you've been - then come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Paula

    Hope you are doing well and having a fabulous day!

    I recently started hosting a Wordless Wednesday party and am currently sharing baby pictures of Tsunami there. Here is a link to the thread if you'd like to catch up on a few of the photos:

    http://www.create-with-joy.com/category/wordless-wednesday

    It will come as no surprise that he now has his own fan club over there too!

    Have a fabulous week - your visits always make me smile!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is gorgeous! I love it! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Paula, love the typeface you used.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I really must look closer at the cd's! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Paula, I love the colours just brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Paula; it's so clean, fresh and stylish! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, so classic, thanks for comment too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I too have never used the football boots image! It really looks fab here & I like the white space on your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the BOYS card, lovely. Very organised space on woyww. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Paula. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paula, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog posts. With regards to the name I made it is a file from SVG cuts that I purchased and it gives you a front and back and then like a 'snake' peice that you have to glue to the front an back peice to make them 3d. I just put lentils inside mine (only enough to fill the bottom) so that they have a bit of weight to them and stand up ok. Hope this helps
    Hugs
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails