Saturday, 20 August 2011

Music Saves My Soul Saturday

Over on the Crafters Companion Facebook group - i've 'met' lots of lovely crafters - some on the design team for crafters companion - but lots and lots of regular crafters who are in love with Crafters Companion products... I know there aren't many [paper] crafters who don't own something from them.

Anyway, I've come to follow a few of my new found friends as they post their blog posts on FB - which is clever - especially because I continue to forget to open up my google reader (doh)!!!

However, one crafter in particular, Marcea, has this fabby feature which is so self indulgent, i'm in seventh heaven.  It's called 'Music Saves My Soul Saturday' where you simply insert a video from You Tube of your favourite tunes, changing it each week and sharing with others by linking up via In-linkz on Marcea's blog... just hop around everyone elses blog to see what their choice of music is this week, leave a comment after enjoying (or not) the music of the blog host.



This is my first ever week joining in, so here is my choice of music - which, as soon as I saw this feature on Marcea's blog, I KNEW I would choose should I join in.

This would always be my first choice simply because it reminds me of the school disco - something that I was rarely allowed to go to, but when I did, this was playing once and it captured my heart since 1986 (or thereabouts when I first heard it).

I will keep you in suspense no longer.  I hope you enjoy as much as I do - let me know what you think and whether you have a song that reminds you of the school disco... better still, go HERE to Marcea's blog and join in - enjoying other crafters taste in music while indulging in tunes that have a special place in your music collection.... oh, I have loads more to come yet so I'm going to enjoy getting involved with this one.


Collaberation of Gorgio Moroder and Phil Oakey (of Human League fame) in 1984, taken from the film 'Electric Dreams'.

Hope you enjoyed as much as I do... it's that guitar rift that does it every time!!!

Off to Marcea's to link up and see what the other participants have shared this week.

Crafty hugs

Paula x x x






Thanks for reading - please leave a comment to say you've been - then come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

6 comments:

  1. Hi there hun, woohoo thankyou for joining in :o)
    I have to say this is a brilliant choice - I loved this so much (an the film) when I was younger and I still love the song. Hope to see you every week chick
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love 80 songs! *-* Great choice! Must see the film sometime... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hear this song before although it is from my teenage time as well :o). Great choice, Paula. Have to think about songs from this time as well..
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula I havent heard this in so so long but loved listening to it and singing me head off lol.
    Hugs
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love music from the 80's!! Great to have you with us at MSMSS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I love the 80's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails