Monday, 15 August 2011

Guess who's the Hostess for this months Funky Hand Challenge

Yep - it's meeeeeee.

As these things tend to work, it has come round to being my turn to host the challenge at Get Funky (yippee), so I've chosen the theme :

At The Seaside

Well really, its more about the colours that remind you of the seaside - is it the sky, sand, water, buckets, ice-cream flavours, stripes of the deck chairs or wind-breaks, beach balls, canyfloss?... the list goes on - but its all about what reminds YOU.

For my challenge card, I chose (quite predictably) the colours of the sea, sky and sand - and came up with this


inside views




Did you notice these bits:



this was me singing while I was putting the card together - the happy crafter that I am - so I couldn't then resist typing it out and actually putting it in the card itself!

Now, I bet you're singing right now aren't you?  I thought so! ;o)

The card is 8x8".  The front cover in folded diagonally in half then covered with DP's from the Craft The Year Away CD.  On the front - but cannot really be seen, is the same colour that the square toppers are made in (my sand colour)!
To stop the diagonal flap springing up, I punched a hole in both bits, and then again at the top.  I wrapped some bakers twine through a few times - which was a great, and aesthetically better than ribbon!

The square topper on the front was layered up on white card with another triangular piece of the same design on the back seeing as it could be seen from inside the card.  I then doodled around every edge of the card - both inside and out as well as both toppers - the wonky/wobbly line is far better than drawing a straight one with a ruler as it adds a fun element to the card.

The inside topper which was attached to the diagonal was slight smaller so that you could appreciate  the outside one from behind.  The inside layer was kept simple with just a pre-coloured digi sunshine which I cut up just so I could spread the rays out a bit wider.  I added the little sentiments/song on at the end - and voila - a fun, uplifting sunshine, seaside card.  I'm rather pleased with it actually!

I was on a roll by then, so while making previous card, I printed out some other similarly gorgeous papers - and came up with this:


Using a 6x6" card base, I then made the cloud backing paper in the workspace area - by adding the blue mottled DP from the 'My July' collection on 'Craft The Year Away' CD then dragging the digi clouds on top of that - sizing them a different random sizes.  I added the pre-coloured digi sunshine in afterwards which was printed out on a separate sheet - along with the buckets and spades (I did three different patterned sets on the same sheet).  The gorgeous green DP was cut to size, then torn across-ways to look like a sparkling mediteranean sea with gentle waves with the bottom third of paper to represent the beach.  The bucket and spade had glossy accents on to give them that shiny plastic finish.

My next and final card was based around an ice-cream, and seeing as I had made more than one when making my DT card this month, the whole card centred around it as you'll see.


I simplymade the backing paper in the workspace area of the card using the 'writer' function writing the different words then changing the font, size and the colour.  The layers that the ice-cream are sat on are papers from the Craft The Year Away CD and die cut with labels seven Spellbinders nestabilities.

That concludes my Challenge card entries for this months theme of "At the seaside" where I asked to see colours that remind you of the seaside.

Just to recap:

Funky Hand Papercraft Factory CD's:
Craft The Year Away, Dreams Come True and Colour Me Happy - all found HERE

The challenge these cards are for is the 'Get Funky' Challenge for Funky Hand where this month, I have set the theme of the challenge - found HERE

just one last thing... if you wish to join in with this months challenge but haven't (yet) got anything from Funky Hand to join in with (remember this is the ONLY rule for joining in with the challenge) Anice is offering the following FREEBIE which can be downloaded from HERE then go to page 3.


Well, you really haven't got any excuse to join in now as we've covered all bases - so get on over and have a look what else is on the website as you might see something you like more to make your challenge cards from - there are 3 FULL pages of instant downloads - so no need to wait for Mr Postie to bring you a parcel of any kind - but there are also plenty of CD's for sale if you do like receiving things in the post - what ever floats your boat really!!!

Thanks for looking - remember the rest of my teamies will be posting throughout the month providing you with plenty of inspiration - so, as long as your entry is in before midnight on the 14th September - it's in with a shout... at midnight - the frog link (inlikz) turns into a pumpkin and disappears then its too late!  Winners will then be announced on 15th just before the new challenge goes live.

Only one entry per person, and no backlinks to old posts.

Easy as that - look forward to seeing your cards

Crafty hugs

Paula x x x




6 comments:

  1. Hi Paula! Beautiful cards - and I'm singing away as I type this :)) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate, beautiful cards, I love how you have decorated the inside too! It makes me want to be beside the sea side and yes I am singing it too!

    Will e-mail you soon. Tracey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Paula. I love the "half front" look and those pastel ginhams are so pretty!!! there used to be a row of wooden planks fixed to the sea wall along Shaklin seafront, that you could run a stick along and it played "Oh I do ike to be beside the seaside" like a giant xylophone. i love love love that wall :) it's all gone now sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a video link to it on youtube :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9R2UCsBpTE&feature=player_embedded
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fab cards Paula. I love the diagonal cut on the first one and the ice creams on the back of the flap.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula

    So many fabby makes from you for this challenge .. .. the hostess with the mostest!! LOL!!

    Beautiful makes both inside and out!

    I still don't know where I am going with my creation yet!! Eeeekkk!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails