Thursday, 7 July 2011

A Challenge Entry - first in ages!!!

Well, I hope everyone is well and happy - and probably tucked up in bed as I write this post at silly o'clock in the morning.  I'm hoping to finish it before I nod off in front of the laptop at my desk.  Do you ever do that and find that you have left your finger on a key so have loads of characters across your page or whatever you are doing? e.g. lllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkklllllllllllllllllllllllk

That in mind, this will actually be rather a quick post all things considered (i.e. I want to go to bed)!!!

I sat at my desk a couple of days ago with July's birthday/card list in hand, and thought that I'd try and
a) remember to send a card and
b) not start it the afternoon of the potential recipients birthday

That in mind, I set about making a birthday card from my little bro who's birthday it is on the 20th - although I have some in between too, but will be easier to make for.

In addition - I thought again (no smoke coming out of my ears either!)... I thought that I'd try and combine making his card and entering the sketch challenge - the one I told you about in my previous post HERE.

Here is the sketch:


And here is the card - but minus the sentiment - which has blown off my table when I had the conservatory door open... (whats happened to the weather? - its like back end of October out here tonight.  All raining and blistery - mind you - it always sounds worse on the conservatory roof!)

Anyway, I'll put the sentiment on either when I find it, or make a new one.

The image is a digi from DigiStamp Boutique, purchased recently.  The papers are all free one from various places - apart from the orange which is a Funky Hand design paper (available in many colours) from the Papercraft Factory CD ROM - Craft the Year Away.  If I want something bold, colourful or striking - or all three, I always turn to the FH Cd's as I'm hard pressed not to find something I need.

As you'll probably know - the dot thingies are card candi by Craftwork Cards - and can be purchase from most craft shops.

Right then, I'm going to enter my card in to the following challenge re the sketch above:

Fetch - a Sketch which can be found HERE

This is an exciting challenge to enter because it is the very first one for this brand new site - set up by a couple of my fellow DT members, Jenny and Ruth.  I wish them every success with the challenge and find it exciting that I'm entering their very first one.  If you have a minute or so, please go and wish them luck and lots of success.  The first challenge has bought some rather generous sponsorship so its worth a try.

That's it from me then.  My neck is getting really stiff and my pillows and bed are calling!

Hope you leave a comment to say you've been - its interesting to see if people still read my lil' ol' blog!!!

Paula  x x x

12 comments:

  1. Hehehe! So its not just me that looses sentiments before they are stuck down?! I find its because I'v done a rare tidy up and then can't find a thing!! Love the image - will add it to my list of 'needs'!

    And thank you for your support - it really means a lot to us!

    Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Paula. Hope you managed a good night's sleep :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Hope you managed to get to sleep. Have a good weekend. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol what a fun card! And a lovely fresh & 'funky' colour combo! That card must be quite large if that's card candy in the corner?! 8x8"? Thanks sooooo much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch! HUGS x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I am glad to hear that someone else misplaces part of a card. I have a desk of "extras" because the first one was misplaced. The good part is I have a start on my next card. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, great card definitely worth pinching this idea for men's cards ;-)
    I've not blogged or visited Blogland much recently, it can just be so time-consuming once you do.
    Hope you're doing ok
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not visited as many blogs as usual over the past couple of weeks so I have been catching up ...nice to see all your creativeness ...I really must think about using sketches ...thats a great 'blokes' card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Paula. I was going to enter the challenge - but left it too late!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun, hope you're doing okay. Great funky card, that image is brill. I've been MIA for a while and not done much blogging or crafting, but am trying to get back into it!

    As for losing things, I lost an image that I'd just coloured the other day - hunted high and low and it had just vanished from my desk... Finally found it, stuck to the bottom of one of my Big Shot plates!!

    Take care, big hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. Hop over to my blog you are in for a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Paula, it is such fun :D
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails