Sunday, 12 June 2011

More cards to share

Hello blogging friends and new visitors

I thought I'd start sharing some of the things i've been creating recently while not being an active blogger. 

Here is a card I completed after getting the image while I was at the card class I've started going to - having said that, I've not been for a couple of weeks cos i've not been well.  With having the fibromyalgia - i've found that in a morning, my right hand doesn't work and on a bad day - this will be the case for all of the day.  Also, my knees have been bad again and my energy levels feel as though someone has sapped me of it all... a bit like when someone goes near Superman with Krypronite (or is it when they take it away? - I don't know)!  I've been having some funny spells where I go all funny and feel all floaty.  I had an appointment to go to the doctors originally about 2 weeks ago.  OH was on afters so he couldn't take me.  DS1 was at tennis, so he couldn't take me, so we sorted out that DS1 would take OH to work in my car and OH would leave me his (DS is only insured to drive mine - complicated, I know!).

Anyway, I had another one of my 'spells' which make me go all floaty - but heavy limbed at the same time.  its almost like I've had a 'hit' of something - reminds me of having an injection of morphine when I was in the hospital the second time.  The feeling is not a horrid one - au contrer.  However, its not a feeling you want happening while you're driving, so I cancelled as I didn't want to risk it happening while I was driving.  I finally made it to see the doc last week - DS took me.  He check my ear (for balance probably) no probs there, blood pressure - perfect :O) - about the only thing with me that is at the mo - i've got to have a new complete blood screen, so i've already had those taken in the week.  I now have to book and have an ECG and keep forgetting to make an appointment.  That will be my first job on Monday me thinks.

Right - speaking of my card class - the other week we were having a Promarker Master Class where we 'played' with several images and looking at matching three shades of the same colour for shading purposes.  I hadn't finished by the end of class - so brought my images home to finish off.  Therefore, I have no idea what the image is called or who it is by.  I'm sure I can find out - but for now, she'll just be known as little girl!


Border punch is made using an EK Success slim border punch bought from Dolly Cottage Crafts, where I go to card class.  The sentiment is one from the massive stash of Kanban ones I bought from QVC.  I'll still be using them when i'm 80 there are that many!

Here's another card:


Here is another Forever Friends card made from the Black and Gold collection.  I got the distress inks out on this one/  The border is another EK Success punch, sentiment as before, and the bow made out of some gorgeous seem binding ribbon.  I have some of this in several colours and it makes bows like a dream.  Really easy to make it look vintage - ink it up and die it to other colours of your choice, but best of all, it scrunched up and crumples and creases like a dream.  The flowers are made to emulate those in the image.  They are from the plain petaloo ones I bought from QVC a while ago - got a massive bag for about £14 odd quid.  Here are 3 daisy shapes with pearlescent gold card candy in the centre.

Thanks for looking.  Please leave me a message to say 'hi' if you have dropped in for a look.  It makes me blogging all the more worthwhile!

Love and hugs

Paula x x x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, nice to see you blogging. Lovely cards you've been making and more organisation tips too! I bought a silhouette (craft robob) that is down to you LOL!
    Sorry to health is not too good -take care.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula, this are both lovely, but I especially like the first. In fact I really like the first! Very cute and fab colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula

    Thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my blog over the weekend.

    Your cards are great on this post. The "little girl" is lovely and the punch you have used on the second one is gorgeous. I mustn't look at it too long or I might want one!! LOL!!

    I hope you are starting to feel a bit better now.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, Good to see you blogging again. I really like the first card. Lovely colouring. Hope you feel better soon. Happy crafting. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the cards you have been creating but my fav is the one you coloured at the class ...so cute.Nice to see you back creating xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!!! You are so creative, Paula. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back in the land of blogs. Sending you some healing hugs
    H xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails