Friday, 27 May 2011

Get Funky Challenge for May - Master Chef Recipe

Well, its that time of the month again (not that one - the other one) where I post my offering to the DT of my card that will hopefully inspire others in the 'Get Funky' challenge.

This month, Kathy has challenged us to create a card using certain ingredients as follows: 5 flowers, 3 design papers (at least one of these should be a Funky Hand one), 2 buttons and ribbon, with a dash of seasoning (light sprinkle of gems or pearls)...

In my last post, I teased you with a few clip its of my card:


For this challenge, I used papers from the download collection called 'Shabby Saturday'.  Its a lovely mix of pinks and creams with a bit of a dark taupe/brown in - have a look here cos it also has some great flowers to print and cut out, then it has some sentiment toppers too, then a co-ordinating alphabet too.  Its a really great colour palette which can be printed out or used with your graphics programmes.

Here is my card anyway which just 'happened'. It grew and evolved and turned out like this...


If you are up to the challenge - or want more inspiration by looking at my fellow DT members projects, go HERE where Kathy kicks off the challenge and lets you know what you have to do.  She also has put a bit of a tutorial together so its well worth a look - oh, and there's a freebie too (which I have used on one side of both of my card base pieces (its on the reverse of the polka dots).

Remember, at least one of the elements must be from Funky Hand.

While I've not been blogging, I've not been laying idle! I have lots of projects and cards to share - such an eclectic mix of stuff.

If you were asked what your style of crafting was - would you be able to answer that question.  I know I couldn't.  I don't think I have a particular style because most of my cards just 'happen' and evolve - just like the one in this post.

Well, I'll leave it right there and over the course of the next few posts, will update you on what has been happening at chez Paula!

big hugs and stuff

Paula x x x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Paula...but aren't they always? :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Paula. I commented over at GF, but wanted to stop by to tell you how much I Luuuuuuuuurve the flowers on this card. Wonderful. Have a fab weekend Sweetheart. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the combination of papers you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely card Paula - you've done a fab job with those ingredients I gave you :-) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a BEAUTIFUL layout!!!!!! I love all of the elegance of it!!!! I also want to THANK YOU so very much for your VERY sweet comment you left on my blog!!! It TRULY means alot to receive such sweet comments and I wanted to let you know it did not go unnoticed!!!!! I hope you are having a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails