Tuesday, 24 May 2011

erm, is any body there... it's me, Paula!!!

Wow... its been so long (so it seems) since I last blogged, that I'm hoping I remember how to do it LOL.

I actually started a post on Good Friday, which turned into me continuing it on Saturday - and thats as far as it got.  I think I need to get my blogging mojo back - I think I'll file a 'missing mojo' report at the local police station cos i've not seen it for a long time.

Well, I do have a reason for blogging and hope that my followers will still read my post and even make a comment (how i've missed hearing back from you lot)!!!

I'm here with my head hanging in shame really because I didn't post my last DT card that I did for Funky Hand last month.

The theme had been set by my fellow DT member Debs who asked us for spots and stripes in our projects.

I loved this challenge and was inspired by the fact that around the time of me making my DT card, it had been St. George's day - and the Royal Wedding was fast approaching at that time.

So without further ado - this is what  I conjoured up for the challenge, which can also be seen on the Funky Hand challenge blog 'Get Funky' HERE


This design actually took ages to make as the triangles are different sizes and to get the angles and positioning right was a nightmare - however, i'm quite happy with how it turned out.  After I got the pattern right, I attached acetate to the front so I could put my sentiment on this rather than placing it directly on the card.

 

Here is a look at the back of the card - I covered where I'd attached the acetate with a strip of paper which I punched with my EK Success scalloped doily punch.


ooh- reminds me of a punch and judy tent a little huh?!!!

I had printed the inside of the card in stripes leaving a blank space to write a greeting inside:


If you are interested in the polka dots paper - which matches the striped paper (same colour palette), you will find them both as downloads on the Funky Hand website - you'll find them in the download section here.  Check out some of the other downloads while you are there - they're stunning and as a fan before I became a DT member, I had almost everyone of them!!!

On the Funky Fifteenth of May, the DT kicked off another challenge.  This time it is a recipe concocted by Kathy.  She's asked that everyone includes the following items (ingredients) on their cards:  5 flowers, 2 buttons, 3 different FH papers and one ribbon - then a pinch of glitter and/or gems!

My effort is ready and will be posted here and on the Get Funky challenge blog on the 27th.  Hope you can come and join in with this challenge - it certainly gets the ol' grey matter working!

Here are some sneeky peeks of my DT piece:






Thanks for looking and reading - would love it if you left me a message to let me know you still read my stuff...

Hugs and stuff, Paula x x x

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back in blogland, love the card.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Paula I kept meaning to send you an email, how r u keeping, glad to see you back on here and with an amazing card, I have just sat down and turned on my computer and there you are, let me know how you are doing.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie, good to have you back Hugs Pam D (pams space)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you blogging. Always happy to see you in blogland :-)
    I've missed your comments.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good to read another blog post from you Paula, been wondering how you are doing and missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun
    lovely to see you again, a fabulous card i would never have got it right, lol, fabulous design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I am amazed at your patience I would of given up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails