Monday, 7 March 2011

FUNKY HAND DT offering for February

Even though it is now March, my February DT piece was scheduled for March - its because we launch the new challenge each month on the FUNKY FIFTEENTH.

This month, the challenge was set by Jules - who said 'show us your heart'.  The only stipulation, as well as meeting the challenge criteria, is to use at least one Funky Hand product in your project.

This month, my offering was something that I dedicated to my Mum, who loved it.... 

 
All the elements in my piece, apart from the ribbon (although ribbon is now available in the store - HERE) are from the new download collection called LOVELOVELOVE... I really loved the papers in this collection because they were perfect for either a feminine card - but even better for a masculine card.  

My project is constructed on the same principle as the project posted HERE.  

6 scalloped hearts cut from the larger die, then 3 hearts cut from a smaller heart nestie.  The letters were from the same LOVELOVELOVE collection, and the heart was from the latest CD ROM called 'Craft the Year Away'.  Basically you cut 2 large shapes for every piece you need in your hanger - these go back to back with the ribbon in between.  One smaller shape for each hanging piece, then whatever you want to put on the front to fit with your theme.  Its not at all complicated to make.

My Mum absolutely loved it and said she would hang it in her lounge... aaawwwww bless!

If you want to have a look at my post or see what my fellow funkettes have been up to with their interpretation of the theme 'show me your heart', click HERE which takes you to the challenge blog "Get Funky".

Here are more of my projects from the same collection:




And finally, this is the card that I made and sent my husband on valentines day... however, as you can see from the colour scheme - perfect for mens cards - be it birthday or anniversary cards.


If you fancy the look of the collection - believe me, you won't be disappointed - take yourself along here to the Funky Hand Shop - where you'll find other fantastic items of stash.

Thanks for dropping by - hope to see you here soon.

Paula x x x

8 comments:

  1. Love the hanging hearts and the cards you have made too, especially hubbys one! Off to have a look at the download section now! Have a good week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Paula ... Sorry I have been AWOL ... I often pop in but don't get much time for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hanging hearts Paula, very funky, but I guess that's why they're called Funky Hands!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hearts, very FuNky!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, these are fab!! Do like the heart dangler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this work hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, love your creations. ikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails