Tuesday, 8 February 2011

MY First DT Cards for FUNKY HAND - and January's challenge

Well, the moment I've been waiting for has finally arrived.   I can now reveal my DT cards for this months Funky Hand challenge where the theme this month is "Going round in circles"...


The idea behind my particular cards for this months challenge (yes, I said cards -as in the plural of card LOL) is that sometimes, when you need to make a card and you've totally lost the mojo, the power to think (or the will to live!!!), and after you've looked at all the cards, sketches and inspiration there is - sometimes, you just can't come up with a suitable card.  So, thats where I hoped my card would come in.  If you have nestabilities or a circle punch (I used a 1.5" circle punch on these cards) you can basically make this card in minutes and the variations on a theme are endless - even if you are using the same colourways and design papers...

Here are some additional cards which are all made using the brand new Funky Hand CD 'Craft the Year Away" - the following cards are all from the colour collection 'September Song'




with so many images and colour collections to choose from, I could have been at this all week and never repeated the same card twice.

I explain all about the cards and which collection they came from on the challenge blog "Get Funky".

I used a 1.5" circle punch to achieve this look and momento chalk inks to edge the cards.

This card style either makes use of all those scraps of Funky Hand papers you have lying about and don't want to get rid of, or you can print 3 or 4 different designs from the same colour collection - which would ensure everything matched.

Pop by the blog HERE and see if you could take part in this months challenge.  Don't dispair if you have no FH papers - our Chief funkette Anice, has designed a FREEBIE download to get you started.  To get the scrummy freebie, you need to go HERE.  So there you have it - no excuses not to take part in this months challenge whatso ever...

Allison - my fellow funkette who set the challenge this time, explains all the rules for entering the challenge etc HERE.

So, that just about concludes my first post as a Funky Hand DT member.  Hope you enjoed the cards - and the reasoning behind them!! 
Til next time...

Paula x x x

4 comments:

  1. Well done Paula! Great stuff and such cheerful papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, you go girl!! Great way to use up scraps of any paper you have lying around, and we all have a ton of little bits don't we? Love the funky Spring colours too. Great first job!

    Hugs
    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Paula, great card ideas! WhatS happen to the length of your post today - my cuppa didn't have time to go cold. Bit short on words for you girlie! But, I STILL LIKE IT!! ikki

    PS - I'M not really mean - just a bit tight lipped at the mo!?!?!?!? AND, YOU WERE WRONG AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula

    Brilliant makes.

    Whenever I try something like this my circles never end up equally spaces .. .. yours look perfect!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails