Tuesday, 11 January 2011

lots to tell - and a card to keep you interested!!!

Well hello my lovely blogging friends, followers and new visitors to my blog...

I've had loads going on in the last few weeks and each time I want to sit and write a post - something else crops up - or I went and got a chest infection which i've had for the best part of a fortnight although I hope i'm getting over it - (but i'm still coughing like i've been on 40 a day).
Well, because I've got so much to tell you - I really don't know where to start... so, how about with some super fabby news then?

I'm sure many visitors know that digital CD crafting is my first love - and something that actually got me into crafting properly.... The first craft CD I bought was after watching Create and Craft TV and a lovely lady called Anice was demo-ing one of her very first craft Cd's - FUNKY HAND.  I actually bought it directly from her on e-bay rather than from C&C - but when I got it home - OMG... i was smitten.  In fact, I was smitten so much that I bought everyone she released since then - and some downloads from the website which you will find HERE.

Anyway... when I first started my blog a year ago (please see my blogaversary post HERE for a chance to win some lovely goodies when I've decided what it will be), it took me a while to pluck up the courage to enter a blog challenge - but when I finally decided I would do it - FUNKY HAND was the very first one.  And FUNKY HAND was the very first one that I won - see my post - HERE.

Well, my good news my friends is that last week, I thought it would be in order for me to apply for a DT spot with Anice and her gang, and guess what - I was successful. Whoop whoop... I'm a 'Funkette'! 

I can't wait to get going on producing challenge pieces in order to inspire others - those who are already aware of FUNKY HAND - and hopefully - those who are less familiar.

Most of my blogging friends may be aware that I'm totally not into buying paper because A) obviously you only buy what you like - and for that very reason - I wouldn't be able to use it - I'd just 'have' it, 'own' it and not do anything with it - cos once its gone, its gone.  However, with my CD crafting (this would be my 'B' then)!!! - I have a shop stand full all on one little round disk - and I can print and print to my hearts delight.  Imagine then, having all the Cd's that I have - its a HUGE number of designs and colourways.... then having my CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) installed obviously makes a MASSIVE difference - and I don't think twice about churning papers out - all on best print quality of course!

So ladies - I hope you'll visit often to see what I'm up to...

Here's a card I made before I knew that FUNKY HAND were calling out for new DT members... and guess what - its made using scraps of my favourite funky hand papers (yes, I save the scraps too and file them in colour coded folders (sad - me? - nah).


The two patterned papers are from the latest CD - Colour Me Happy - which is part of the Paper craft Factory collection.  I made it very quickly for my son's friend - Ben, who passed his test on 31st December.  My DS1 and Ben were born on exactly the same day - and its very likely I was in hospital with his mum.  DS1 plays a lot of tennis, as you know - and Ben and him go to tennis every week.  I might have done a bit more to it had I not made it in a rush - but as far as boys go - they don't care do they - its the thought that counts... however - DS1 hasn't given it to him yet - he keeps 'forgetting' (as boys do) - so if he doesn't hurry up - the moment will have totally gone!

Right, as I said I have loads more news for you - but, in order not to make this a blog post that rivals 'War and Peace', I'll tell my news in another blog post - you know how I don't like doing long blog posts don't you (NOT)!  - so,  you'll just have to come back and read all about it - won't you?... Please???... go-on then PRETTY please!!!

I'd love to have your comments - or just for you to say 'Hi - I've been to your blog - hello'... I don't look for compliments on my projects - I just like to hear from you - if you like what I've done - well that's great - and if you tell me - well, that's even better - but most of all, I like to meet new people and also hear from 'old' blogging friends (well, i have known some of you for a year now!).

big hugs - hope to see you back here shortly

Paula x x x

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Paula. That's great news. Away now to have a look at that site. Take Care. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your DT Spot Paula, and how wonderful to be on the team which is your 'first love' so to speak!
    I can't wait to see what you produce!
    Well done you!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Pauls hun you deserve the dt spot and the good feeling that comes from it all. Hopefully it will be the start of a wonderful year,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Paula that's amazing, well done and big hugs from me!! As Chrissie says, so much the better to be on a team whose products you love, buy, use and endorse anyway. Brilliant news, don't keep us waiting too long for the other news either!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Paula - hope it's the beginning of a great year for you! Hugs. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, well done, really pleased for you. (I tried but didn't quite make it) but it couldn't happen to a nicer person, Enjoy, you deserve it

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo! What a brill start to the New Year for you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really pleased that you wanted to join us on the Funky Hand Design Team! I'm looking forward to working with you.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula, congrats on your new post, well done ;-)
    BTW not like you to do a long post hehe. Can't wait to hear your other news now :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, still waiting for the other news girl! Come on, spill the beans! Thanks for the B'Day wishes too!! Mark it on the calendar for next year, lol!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. yey paula!!!! so fab to have you with us hun hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Paula, this is brill news, I', soooo pleased for you! I must find out more about the funkettes = don't want to miss anything you do. Well done, pride of you. ikki xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails