Tuesday, 7 December 2010

My First Chrismas Card

Whoop Whoop

I've actually got a Christmas card done - thats my first one under my belt!!  One less on the rather long list.

I've chosen to do my God Daughter and Niece an image from Tiddly Inks, called Christmas Princess.  I bought this back in September and felt humble for being prepared. Huh!

Everytime I've thought of doing some Christmas cards or even had an inkling of energy, I quickly realised that I really should be getting on with my friends wedding stationery - I had the 'Orders of Service' to complete and also completed the menu's.  Here's a pic of some of the finished 'Order of Service' cards:


Since I took this picture, I've added an extra snowflake to the front cover as I felt there was something missing.  Its only one of the tinyest ones I've got, but it did make a difference.  When I have a full set of stationery, which I'm saving for my friend as a small gift, I'll take a pic and show on here.

I still have a few things to finish for the wedding.  Camera covers, place setting name cards (they're nearly finished), the table numbers (which are actually going to be named after Santa's reindeer - the top table being Rudolph!  I have the wedding post box to decorate and the table plan display, but i'm waiting for last minute changes to the table plans.

Anyway, I digress again (nothing new there then)...

Here is the card for my God Daughter with the adorable Tiddly Inks image of the Christmas Princess on.


The sentiment is of course, computer generated.  The tree snowglobe is part of the DP, which is from the Forever Friends collection.  I've blinged this card up to within an inch of its life!!!  The image has been coloured with promarkers, then the trim on the outfit has been 'stickled'.  The larger snowflakes are a mixture of Spellbinders shapeabilities set one and set two, while the smaller snowflakes are made using Martha Stewart punches - as is the border that goes across the page.

If you like this image, check out Christy's Tiddly Inks shop where there are loads more Christmas images - along with images suitable for lots of other ocassions - you really will love them and be spoilt for choice - visit and check out the shop by clicking here.

Here are the Spellbinders snowflake pendants.  I got mine a while back before the christmas rush - i see that most retailers are sold out on these... at least I was prepared and did something early then!!!



Last night, DS1 was bored, so I got him to do some crafting with me.  I asked him to colour one of these Tiddly Images with me - that will be for my Niece.  I've had them printed out for ages with the DP already in the folded A3 card - as all the little people in my life will be getting large A4 cards this year.  Why not - the beauty of the digi images is that you can size them to go on any size of card - or if something goes tragically wrong with the colouring or something, you merely print out again.  

DS1 chose to do his image in red and did a good job considering it was his first attempt with promarkers (which he called posh felt tips).  I was trying to teach him how to shade (not that i'm any expert), and he didn't do too bad a job.  That image has already been put on the front of the card, but the card its self needs finishing off with snowflakes and stuff.

Here he is crafting at the kitchen table yesterday


Here, he's just die cutting some of the snowflakes from red glitter card.  He also did silver and gold mirri, and green glitter too.  He also cut some of the poinsetta flowers out using Marianne Creatables Poinsetta dies.  Wow - they look stunning constructed in the red and green glitter card.  Aww bless.


Here is the box of snowflakes, the smaller ones are cut using Martha Stewart punches and were done by me for the front of the wedding stationery.


Wait for a future post with the finished card done by DS1.

Thank you for reading, 

Paula x x x

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card for your god-daughter. I'm sure she will love it. I think it's good when you get the family involved too. Hope you are staying warm in this freezing weather.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little card, can't have a Crimbo card without a bit (or a lot) or bling! Amazing how you get your sons to craft with you, although I bet they'd never admit in a million years that they had fun!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am jealous that your baby will craft with you a while. Mine won't cross the street...unless it involves sellotape that is!!
    Love the wedding stationery - you've done a fab job, hope you're not putting yourself under pressure! Tell DS to hurry and finish the card, lots of us want to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you for doing the wedding invites and your christmas cards at the same time! They look wonderful and your neice will love her christmas card Im sure. How lovely that DS1 has done some crafting with your posh felt tips, I wish mine would do that and get off the x box! Have a great week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Paula and the wedding cards are beautiful ;-)
    Will answer your email soon - trying not to spend tooooo long on PC, still lots to do before the big day!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails