Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Christmas Princess

Ta Da ... 

As promised, here is the card that DS1 made using an image which he coloured with Promarkers (for the very first time).


I printed these images and DP's out a while ago, ready for when I started my Christmas card  making, but I never got round to starting because I had/have the wedding stationery to do for my friends wedding... which is only 3 weeks away today (OMG).

DS1 and I had a little colouring session to kick start my Christmas card making on Sunday - it was cold, snow on the ground and nothing else to do - so he agreed to craft with me (gosh).


This card is for my niece and is made with an image called 'Christmas Princess' - drawn by the very talented Christy Croll, owner of Tiddly Inks.  You will find the Tiddly Inks store HERE, where you are sure to find something just for you.  They are whimsical, quirky digi stamps - and for some of them, there are design papers (DP) available too.

I have another Christmas image from Tiddly Inks which will appear on my blog soon - in the meantime - check out Tiddly Inks blog, where the DT has done an amazing job in this weeks challenge.  It showcases just what can be done with these delicious images.

What do you think of DS' first attempt with the Promarkers.  He's quite chuffed with himself and is currently sat watching Dawn Bibby with me (not really - he doesn't have much choice).  He's been talking to the TV when she was 'selling' sets of promarkers - telling her there is nothing she can tell him that he doesn;t already know about using them... i'm sure that's testiment to his mum (that would be me) that he's been shading and doing the hair...


Not too bad for a first attempt.  I think I could get him to have another colouring session.

Here are the details of the card:

A4 made from A3 300 microns white card
Backing paper from Forever Friends CD, printed on 190gsm 
Sentiment - PC generated
Poinsetta flower in glitter card - cut with Marianne Creatables Poinsetta die (glued with Pinflair glue gel)
Image - Chrismas Princess from Tiddly Inks
Silver snowflake border across page - Martha Stewart large snowflake punch
Random snowflakes - all Martha Stewart punches
Stickles used to 'bling' up the fur trim on the outfit
Image coloured with promarkers

Thanks for your visit - hope you enjoyed this post and will come back again soon.

Hugs

Paula x x x

12 comments:

  1. he did a great job, big thumbs up from me. Will he be asking Santa for promarkers now?

    Love that profile pic of you, is that new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done DS1. Following in mother's footsteps :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely job he has made. Well done. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Paula! Love the design papers you used! :)

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!
    Well done him! You may find yourself getting pushed off the stool a little more often!
    He's great! Fabby card too!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! Now get him to make ALL your Christmas cards for you!!!

    We need a Green Card because we're not US citizens. They're called Permanent Resident Cards and are valid for 10 years. Before that we had working Visa's that are valid for only a max of 3 yrs and can only be renewed once. We did that and then went down the 10 yr Green Card route because becoming a US citizen seems to be a very large step to take! That would give us full US citizen status, voting rights, a US passport etc. We've talked about it, even gone as far as obtaining all of the forms and looking at the requirements, but neither of us wants to take that last step. So we're renewing the Green Cards again for another 10 years.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear paula I think your craft room may be getting taken over very soon...Your DS! cards is absolutely fab..qucik hide the rest of the stash!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's done a great job Paula, love the colour combo :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey Paula, DS's colouring is very good, better than I can do. I must confess that I bought almost all of the promarkers and they are mostly sitting in my cupboard, maybe I should get one of the kids to have a go! Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails