Friday, 5 November 2010

Now for something completely different...

well, certainly different in the sense that I have never made one before.  I wanted to make something handcrafted rather than buy something (and I've not been out anywhere really) so thought I'd do something different - for me anyway!

So, I agonised for a while and thought about making something with the baby's details on - and came up with this:


Now, it's not the best of pictures because you have to stand far enough away to get the whole thing in the shot, but it's the best I could do.  I hung it from the cupboard door so I had a plain(ish) background to show the piece off.

Basically it was easy to make - I've never made one before, and I admit that I did have to think how to attach the ribbon evenly - but I'll come to that later.  I did think of doing a tutorial and thought of taking pictures at each stage, but needed to get it completed as she was coming the morning after - which would be Wednesday morning.  Anyway, I made a box for it because wasn't sure how best to present it - an envelope is not really appropriate, so the box was the best idea.

Here it is in the box - which really could have done with being a bit deeper actually.


Because the shallowness of the box meant that the lid wouldn't stay on of it's own accord, I made a ribbon wrap to go around it, then finished that off with a flower.  I bought a whole pack of flowers in all sorts of shapes and sizes off QVC - and the appeal of these flowers were that they were plain white/off white mulberry - which means I can colour them up with anything I wanted - in this case, I used my Momentum dew drop inks.


I was happy with this - not too fancy, but not too plain either.  I then made another one of my little handbags, that I'm really enjoying making, and put some things in for the new mum - just a token gesture really; a small Yankee candle - 'fresh linen', a glass candle voltive which I'd decorated with a pretty peel off and coloured in the holes with sakura metallic gel pens plus another vanilla larger than normal tea-light in -  then I put a small bag of radox bath salts in with a nestie label on to finish it off and called it 'Mummy Special Salts' - then put another nestie label in with some 'instructions' on for a relaxing bath time.  Everything matched.  I would have put some chocs in, but my OH didn't receive my text so didn't bring me any on the way home from work.  Anyway - I forgot to take a pic of the set - but took a pic of the 'lid' of the handbag that I put it all in:


Again, used the blank flowers and coloured them up with my inks.  She really liked everything and said that she loved my handcrafted stuff - and was particularly impressed with the hangy thing!!!

I can't even find a piccy of the card I did - but it was a lovely A4 Forever Friends one.  Oh well, I'll hopefully get my brain back to normal one day!!!

Here is a selection of some other cards I've done but haven't blogged:

This is one I did for the lovely Annie (Wipso) for her recent Birthday:


This is a quick 'get well' card I made for someone after they had an operation:


This is a card made for my friends daughter's first wedding anniversary - love how the stickles is actually showing up in this picture:


This is a card I made someone else that was recovering from an op - and needed some 'love' sending.  This time is it an image from Tiddlyinks and coloured with Promarkers.  The papers are from Funky Hand's papercraft factory - 'Dreams come true' CD.  Flowers from stash have been stickled - the leaves are made by me freehand.


This card is one that I made for the lovely Twiglet when it was her Birthday last month... the pics I took came out shockingly - no light, flash wasn't helping... this is the best of a bad bunch.  I think Twiglet took a better pic of it herself when she received it.


The next couple of cards I made ages ago but didn't get round to blogging.  Made with a couple of digi's I bought which are gorgeous and very classy looking - again, the pics are quite rubbish - probably taken at night again:


 and this one:


Right, that's it I think.  Pretty much up to date with some of the cards I've been making.  Hope you enjoyed.

Paula x x x

16 comments:

  1. oh paula! you have been one busy bunny hun and they are all absolutely gorgeous. i love your baby hanger,its so pretty and the way it folds into that little box is awesome. have a fabby day hun hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my, you have been a busy bunny! Love the baby hanger, what a fabulous keepsake.

    Hope you are okay hun, will email soon - I just don't know where the time is disappearing to at the moment!!

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - love the baby gift, perfect! And lots of lovely cards, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all your cards as always but especially the one you made for me :-) You have a way of making a girl feel really special.
    Lots of love and hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Paula, what a busy, busy girl you've been lately! Love it all, but especially the new baby hanger - that is so pretty and the decorated box looks fantastic. Your little pressie for the new mum sounds wonderful (shame you forgot to take a photo) she must have been thrilled with it - so thoughtful!

    BTW Paula, re your comment on my WOYWW post, you'll be pleased to know my pliers have been put safely at the bottom of the box now - no sharp points showing - LOL

    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy, lots of beautiful projects, especially the baby set, that's something for the parents to treasure. Nice to have you back! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW> You have been busy. I just love everything. Especially the baby hanger. Thanks for the comments on WOYWW. Have a good weekend. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh so much loveliness! I love the baby wall hanging what a lovely idea and its so pretty and what a lovely idea to make something for the mummy too, I bet she really appreciated it! I love the forever friends cards, they are so cute and those cards with the handbag and shoe are very sophisticated! Have a great weekend, and thanks for my package, I have mailed you! Tracey xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW you have been busy Paula
    they are all fabulous! I love the baby hanging design, so different and so effective

    In answer to your question, the papers are Pink Petticoat
    Thanks for your comments hun
    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Goodness you've been busy!
    What lovely stuff Paula. I love your hangy thing for the baby, I think I might be copying the idea for my new little one due in January!
    What font did you use for the name? You always seem to use such fab ones!
    Wonderful stuff!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The baby gift is perfect, Paula. Also, your cards are beautiful as ever.
    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and commenting on Whats on my desk!
    Your cards are so beautiful. So creative and I love whats on your desk. So fun peeking inside other artist spaces.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful they all are. I love the one with the shoe particularly. Gorgeous work.
    Also ...
    I have a new Everyone wins challenge running to December for papercrafts (not digital ) and yep you heard it correctly - all entries win a prize.Its to celebrate my blog nearing the 300 followers mark. I thought you might be interested in joining in. I hope so :)
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh i recognise one of those georous cards xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Paula seen your tut above and had to get a look it is gorgeous along with all your other cards, boy you have been busy.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG girl, these are all stunning!

    I cant believe I missed this post on friday and have only just caught up after seeing todays post.

    Your baby 'banner' looks totally amazing and I cant wait to dash back to todays post to see what youve done!

    I cannot wait to have the time to be able to play with my FF!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails