Wednesday, 20 October 2010

WOYWW - 20th October '10

What is on my workdesk this Wednesday indeed... well, pretty much the same that's been there since Sunday actually...


The 'box' at the front of the desk has some of my cards I've made in - i've sorted a load of cards out i'd made when i first started crafting a couple of years ago - and i cringed LOL - I gave them all to my mum as I know she'll make good use of them - and maybe even pass them off as her own (yes- she would actually do that!!!)

Believe it or not, I did actually clear up since my last post, then decided to clear out my envelope box so that I could actually find the right sized envelope rather than pull a handful of random sizes out. I used all of those cereal boxes i've been saving (I knew they'd come in for something useful - even if my OH didn't)!!!


I'm really pleased with myself how this has turned out - I feel so efficient and organised - however, I should have take a pic of what it looked like before - you would have thought it was the box of stuff ready for burning!!!

I've been making a few of my favourite style cards this last few days - being Forever Friends... I'll save those for a later post, but I just feel like I'm pouring my heart into one of those cards.

Anyway, because of the state of my actual desk - you can obviously see that there is just no way I can craft on the desk at the moment, so unfortunately, the table in the kitchen suffered.  Here is a picture of the table this morning - I was doing some bits and bobs last night.


Even this is tidier than it was!  Fortunately, because the conservatory and kitchen are open plan to each other - this table is just to the left on my desk.

Here it is before it got too bad (eek - seems i'm setting a trend)!!!

However, at the weekend, I got Ashley doing some crafting - he was bored so I asked if he wanted to register some craftrak cards... which he did - but not before he attempted to make a card of his own - here is Ashley and his effort (he wouldn't look up for the picture so unfortunately, you have the top of his head)!!



Here's his card (I've ruined it by putting a shadow round the pyramid - in the sky LOL - I knew it looked wrong when i'd done it, but couldn't think why - then i realised)!!!

He was basically messing about because he'd seen the camel on a set of stickers I had, so decided he wanted to make a homage to Karl Pilkington - of 'An Idiot Abroad' fame!  - Do you watch that programme?  We watch it as a family and find it hilarious!

Finally - here is a look at my shelf units which are starting to overflow... i recon i certainly need to bring a piece of furniture for storage back out of the garage - it is IKEA of course and will match everything else I have in here...


Hmmm, best not show you the whole of the floor in front of the shelves!!!

Righto then - that must be the shortest WOYWW post for me - like ever! (yey I hear your cry).

WOYWW you ask? Well, if you pop to Julia's blog by clicking here, she'll also show you her desk and in her post will explain the guidlines for joining in the 'just for fun' weekly bloghop.
Thats me then, hopefully will see you back here soon - remember to come back to see my FF cards and projects.

Paula x x x x

43 comments:

  1. Good to see you on hope you are keeping well meant to say love your new photo, your desk certainly looks busy, must dash late for school pic up.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, I haven't even got round to WOYWW today. You look like you have been very busy. Think your envelope storage is great, thought it was just me who could never find the right envelope for the masterpiece I had just created ;-)
    I should really go and find my camera......
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya Paula
    fab piccies, very tidy envelopes,Ashley's card look fabulous, i need to go to ikea keep saying it never made it yet!!! Great new piccie,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (13)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you're passing on the skills to the next generation :-) Well done Ashley.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your desk, looks so interesting every time I see it !!! hope you are keeping well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. he did so well with his card.
    your box looks nicely organised

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the envelope tidy idea...I need something like that! I wish I had half the space you had, but I am sure even if I did it would be messy - LOL at you taking over the kitchen table as well!! Have a great WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your storage here, great ideas. Take over the whole house! Go Paula. (38)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on getting your envelopes sorted. I love the wooden shelves on your desk.
    Elaine no66

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea about organising the envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Ikea bookcases are fab! I spotted Spongebob on the shelf in your first photo - he's great - everyone needs a Spongebob to cheer them up - lol.

    Ashley's card looks great, he's made good use of the camel (I don't know that programme)

    Love your dining room furniture too!

    Sherry (103)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to see you are early this week! I wondered where you were going to craft on that desk. But at least you have the bigger table to do it on. Hope you are able to get a few things done this week and love it that you are getting the next generation of crafters involved. Happy WOYWW (no. 12).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Ashley - love the camel!! Glad to see you have created a bit of chaos but then sorted your envelopes so neatly - my craft room is a complete tip as I have been flitting from one activity to another. Made a card for Wipso on Friday but now have to write a poem to go in it!!! Have a good week. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. so Ashley is a crafter now! great card he made. My MCS cdroms finally came today!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did make me smile with your mum passing of your cards as hers:-) Ashleys card is great. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh you've bee busy paula and your crafty stash piles look very lived in, just how they should do!! hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your storage Paula and how organised are your envelopes. Must admit when I look at card I first created I cringe but we have to start somewhere eh LOL. Thanks for the snoop, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done getting your son(?) to craft and well done to him for his talent.
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I honestly couldn't work on that desk at all - I'd have a fit! But then, you had to move to the table didn't you? It all looks very busy and productive anyhow ... (71)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Didn't join in WOYWW this week, feeling a bit rough...runny nose and all that goes with it.... So doing a bit of hopping from my sick bed.
    It looks like you've been busy, a lovely messy desk.....sorry I meant creative :)

    Hope you're feeling ok.

    A.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Doesn't it feel good to organize! Must go put my envies in some kind of order now too! Toodles, S#112

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paula!! It doesn't look a mess just industrious - you certainly look as though you have been with all your sorting!! Hope you're taking good care of yourself, hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Paula loved reading your post. A lady after my own heart spreading throughout the house!!
    Love Ashley's card :) We watch Karl as a family too!! Bless him!!
    Take care my dear. Love & hugs, Gez ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have fun moving throughout the house. Does the conservatory have a table too? Good light, you could always use floor if not. LOL Hugs, Linda C #86

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Paula, haven't been here in a while! LOVE your new profile pic!! Hope things are getting better for you.

    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great envelope storage idea. Mine are just shoved in a drawer now i'm gonna make dividers for it. Karl Pilkington makes me LOL, he is so genuinely funny, great card. by the by you are looking very well in your profile pic, hope all your health troubles are far behind you.

    ** Kate ** #74

    ReplyDelete
  27. Why does crafty stuff take up so much space I wonder... or is it that we just like lots of it!!!!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lots going on there :0) Thanks for sharing your space.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry just realised i didnt answer your question...it is the hougie board. I wanted the martha stewart one for ages but glad i waited as i tend to switch measurements.
    Gonna look up some tutorials on you tube my friend said that there are some really amazing things you can do with a scoring board.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now humming "Walk like an Egyptian" ;-) Loving the camel, and the crafting spreading across the house, which is making me feel less guilty. Bernie #126

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looking good - nice envy organizing and congrats on making it under #100! T(#125)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love an idiot abroad to! Great workspaces you have there - you are like me and craft all around the house when one spot gets too messy! Thanks for sharing (no 46)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Paula :) I love how you have spread from your desk and shelfing unit across the room to the dining room table and chairs! that a true crafter who can fill their space to the max :) I will be returning to the high school before the end of the year so thankfully my working hours have been cut :) that means more crafty playtime and more blog hopping. YIPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So happy to hear that better days are back! Love the new profile picture, you look very mischievous!! I bet the real reason Ashley wouldn't look up was in case any of his friends ever saw that pic, he'd never live it down!! Oh, I signed up to receive your updates too!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great WOYWW post Paula.

    Sorry I'm late visiting this week.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love An Idiot Abroad, it's genius! Has me in stitches every week!

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. good to see you spreading it all about and it makes interesting snooping and reading too. Lovely mess which means great creativity, for sure!
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  38. I usually have a big fat mess on my floor lol

    Your craft area looks FAB as does your dining end Love that wall art

    Happy WOYWW [even though its now Saturday!sorry]
    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Paula, what a lovely looking craft area. I'm a newbie to the WOYWW so please be gentle with me!! Best wishes, Kym (No 42)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hmmmmm...... I don't know what goes on with these comments but I am sure I put one on here! Eh it must be floating around somewhere in cyber space! I wanted to say that an apple never falls far from the tree - you have a talented crafter there! And you tidyed your space up very nice! Very happy to have heard from you!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  41. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing the photos, especially of Ashley crafting. Wonderful!

    Terry #4

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely creativeness there is about your desk. (Notice I do not say creative mess!) LOL
    Good to see you are passing your talents on to the family - Ashley has done you proud with that.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Late late puff puff!! Siting at the table Paula! Fab!! 3 months ago you couldn't do that..things feel more positive. Genius idea with the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails