Wednesday, 8 September 2010

WOYWW - 8th September


Hey Bloggers, howya doin' this week?

This is my offering this week - not as neat and tidy as last week huh?  Thats because I actually have a WIP which i'll come back to later.   There's a card in the background which I have entered into a couple of challenges - see my last post for further details.  I'm pretty happy with the card, even though its not my usual style... although I like to think I don't have a style and will tturn my hand to anything that is required at the time... a bit like most crafters can, but some have a distinctive style to their work.

Anyway - the chest on the desk is still working out very well for me so i've not changed that since last week...  On top of the chest though, I have a new pen holder which is circular and enables me to see all my pens, pencils and some of my tools easier.  This cost me £1 from 'The Works' bookshop which sells quite a lot of craft and painting stuff.  On the right of the desk you can just probably spy one of my 'My Craft Studio' CD ROMS.  Yesterday I decided to uninstall the ones I had on my laptop and reinstall them all.  I have 12 MCS CD's so far, so wanted to make sure the all the artwork was in the same place instead of here ther and everywhere!!

Right, the WIP... My little niece - who only turned 3 week before last started nursery in the mornings, so I thought I'd send her a little card of encouragement... she keeps telling her mum she's gone to big school because she attends a private day nursery on the odd days where, to her, they are all babies now. 

Anyway, I'd printed all the DP's out with the intention of putting the card together but when I came to do it, couldn't find the papers or digi images... later on, the cat (Tiggy) decided to move and revealed where she'd been cat napping... yep, on the papers i'd printed!!!  

Talking of firsts, my boys went back to school today.  DS1 has dropped two if his subjects and has picked another up.  DS2 said it was boring and complained about the big diary they've been handed today.  He'll just have to get over it.

And... another very important first is... I went back to work this afternoon on a phased return.  But that's it for this week.  Thats why my post for WOYWW is quite late.  

Below is a closer picture of the WIP.  I will post the end result card, but for now, I want to tell you that the pencils DP is from a Funky Hand CD, the chalkboard background is a digi from the Tiddly Inks store, and so is the 'Back to school' girl holding her books - even though I know my Niece isn't quite at this stage yet!!!



Do you want to know what all this 'showing your desk/workplace' is about??? Then hop over to Julia's blog which is called the Stamping Ground and she'll reveal all about the blog hop to see loads of desks in differing stages of disaray, mid project... having said that, it might not even be a desk - there have been floors, washing machines, bedroom dressing tables, dining table.  What ever takes your fancy.  If you want to join in - by either visiting or showing what you have - take a pic, tell us about it and link it to Julias and you'll have fellow bloggers leave you some love... not bad eh?

Thanks for reading - please leave a comment to say you've been - then come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

31 comments:

  1. Hi there you beautiful! Love all the cute crafty stuff you have all over that desk and especially the drawers (chest). I guess it is good to have your job back :) It seems you are beter (?). Love you lots and lots! S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paula!
    I owe you an email but in the mean time I really really love those storage cubes of yours especially in that AG papers. They look simply stunning!

    Your WIP is looking fab and I had to reread your comment about being at work today, my flabber is ghasted my girl!! OH I dread to think what sort of pain you must be in tonight?

    Catch you very soon,
    Keryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun love your desk hope you are fit enough to go back to work hun take care love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great desk. I like those storage cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your work again. Love your WIP. that pencil DP is great. Hope the phased return to work goes well, slowly and painfree!!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great desk this week Paula - very creative!!! Mine's just got cats on it LOL!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know how I missed your blog on the list yesterday hunny! so sorry!

    Love your desk shot this week, great cards and stunning drawers, love the paper your have used, just gorgeous!

    hope you are keeping well, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula - you sound busy - hope the return to work went well and that things are improving for you. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Back to work? I didn't know that was on the plan for any time soon. Really hope you take care and they don't expect too much too soon. Sending you big hugs.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula!! Hope you are back at work because you are feeling well enough and not because you have been pressured! The card looks good, bet your niece will be thrilled with it :) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Back to work. Just take it nice and slowly. Don't overdo it. Love your desk. Speak to you later. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. very busy desk there, thanks for sharing
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back to work already? You take care of youself.
    That card is looking great btw

    ReplyDelete
  14. Card looks great! She will love it and must be feeling very grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that card....you have a great craetive space :)Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving your desk esp. the pink fronted box of drawers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card, I am a bit late this week, fab workspace, Happy WOYWW, Thank you for showing us your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the workday went OK and you're feeling OK too.
    Love the pen holder. I've found a couple of bargains in the past at The Works too. Great cards you're making this week.
    I have only a couple of crafting CD's - I can't remember what's on each one so if I had your collection I would be spending hours just searching for one pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those storage cubes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see you back in the groove some what but I can't believe you're going back to work. I really, really want to say more about that, but I've also read the second post you did so I small keep my big gob shut!! That in itself is quite the challenge! Hope you at least get some rest this weekend. Speak to you soon.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only now getting to the end of the desks, I've read your newest post and I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain.
    Email me whenever you want. Take care, thinking of you...hugs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely busy workspace, the WIP looks cute, I am sure your neice will love the card. Thanks for the snoop round.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great desk like your pink drawers and very sweet card on your easel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your post is so positive this week. It sounds like you are feeling better. That WIP is going to be super. And that card is darling. Your niece's story is so adorable, too.

    Sorry I'm so late getting around this week I seem to have had a hard time keeping my computer from freezing up every time I visit a new site. Not sure if it's me or blogger doing the deed. Happy belated WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Slowly slowly I'm getting around - slowly slowly we're getting your voice back - am pleased to see your desk is a work in progress. Horrfied to hear you're going back to work, but pleased that you feel you can...do you know what I mean? I've been back at work since end June as a full timer an d oh boy, I'm still tired after the first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ji ya Paula
    im better late than never!! lovely creative desk, lovely card, hope going back to work is ok,happy WOYWW, sue,x (3)

    ReplyDelete
  27. My cats prefer to sleep on symetrical shapes, rectangles, squares and circles are best. Isn't it wonderful to have all of your pens in view? TFS! (75)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Better late than NEVER, I say. Not sure who I'm talking about, you or me, but I see that card for your niece is finally getting made. Glad you thought outside the challenge box, too. Not my style, but I sure like that you went outside your comfort zone.

    Sorry to hear about the phased work schedule. I suspect it will be a bit of a challenge getting back into the swing of things.

    Guess you know I'm #2 and am sorry for being really, really late. Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  29. great work area and those pink cabinets are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the blog, the artwork is fab. Ishall spend a lot of time here, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails