Monday, 20 September 2010

Forever Friends and Tiddly Inks Baby Boy cards

Well, since I last blogged, I have some wonderful news that I have become an Auntie to a nephew.  My very first.

Obviously, my siblings already have nephews in my own two sons, but this is a complete first for me. I've yet to meet the little chap, but I can't wait.  Its about the only good thing to have happened to me this year - I remember my Brother calling me up and saying he'd got some news to cheer me up just after i'd found out about my tumor, and announced their good news.  If you are a regular to my blog, here is the card I made for them to celebrate their news.

I have made a card from all of us and then a little one from the boys to their new cousin.
Here is the main card that I made with my Forever Friends CD and is an A4 card.  I'd bought some A3 cardstock especially for those special ocassion cards - and what more special than this?

Here it is:


Inside is a tag with all the baby details on which sits in a small pocket I made.

I love using the FF CD to design cards because, although you can buy FF decoupage kits and cards in the shops - the number of cards you can make from this CD is endless.

Apologies for the shocking state of this photograph.  I had to take it with the desk lamp on because obviously its in the middle of the night.  Its taken me all day to do this card - having said that - i started it yesterday by printing everything out, but my mum came by so I helped her design a card from her - she can get a bit carried away with the bling, so I'm trying to tame her and show her that less really can be more.  Just so we didn't end up sending something similar, she did hers in a yummy cream and mocha colour scheme.  Pity she doesn't have a blog as it was coming together quite nicely.  However, I think I cut most of it up for her - probably why mine has taken so long.

As I mentioned previously, I also made a card for the boys to welcome their new cousin - and was a great excuse to use one of my new Tiddly Ink images.  I'm also going to enter this card into Tiddly Challenge 21: Our Pets - just because its a cute image of a cat and I have 2 cuties myself.


I cut the image out on my latest set of nesties.  These are the recently released circle nesties and are perfect for threading ribbon through.  The checked DP is from the FF cd too and so is the blue and white polka dot dp which i've punched circles from the display the baby embellishments that i've had in my stash like forever!!!

Thanks for looking - hope to see you back here soon.
Paula x x x

13 comments:

  1. Precious cards, Paula and welcome to little Leo! Love the sweet papers and embellies. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the delicate blue of these super cuties Paula. I particularly like the second one, those little embellishments are really sweet. The gingham paper looks so fresh too.
    Thanks for your latest comments on my blog, you are certainly a lady of great patience... did you camp out whilst you were writing all those lovely, pertinent comments with so many good suggestions?
    Thank you so much for them, I loved reading every one.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all concerned. Two really special cards....but of course thats only what I would expect from you :-) :-) :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey congratulations Auntie Paula! Love both cards they are so pretty.I may have to get that cd,you make such lovely creations from it! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the arrival of your little nephew!! I have been dropping hints to be an Auntie for ages to my sister!lol
    Your cards are gorgoeus!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratultions Paula on becoming an auntie. Those cards are gorgeous. Have a good week. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Paula - great cards!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula - this is too cute! I love that new nestie circle that's made for lacing your ribbon! And what adorable little embellishments too! Great card!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. paula i love both your cards and i bet they will have pride of place on leo's parents mantelpiece for a long time.huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeaayyy! Congratulations Auntie Paula! So glad to hear your good news, such a nice happy event after all the unhappy things you've been through.

    Gorgeous cards too, I love all those sweet baby embellies.

    Big hugs, Nicki, x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet cards! They are both so adorable! I would never had thought about using the cat for a baby card. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.
    camper vans sales

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails