Tuesday, 7 September 2010

A Fabby, Funky, Tiddly Card!!!

Evening Bloggers, 

Not sure where you are in the world, but right here, right now, the weather is atrocious.  Its been raining since about 5pm (Monday evening) with absolutely no let up.  I'm sat in the conservatory where the rain is beating down on the roof and I can hardly hear myself think!!!  I wouldn't be surprised if there is some local or regional flash flooding after tonight.I hope i'm wrong though.

Earlier in the day, it was very blustery and windy, and Dylan (our Bedlington Terrier) went outside when the wind caught his ears and they were flying about in the air.  It looked like someone had them on strings and was pulling them... It was such a funny sight!  If only I had the piece of mind to have taken a piccy - you would have found it hilarious.  I shall share some more pussy cat piccies over the coming days tho... they've been up to their funny little quirky ways recently!!!

However, I DID have the camera out to take a picture of this though:


I have done this card which I will be entering in two challenges.



It would have been rather nice to have said "Hello Summer" here in good old blighty - I suppose our summer was those few gorgeous days we had in May!!!
My take on the Tiddly Inks challenge was to use colours that represent the transition from summer to autumn where the greens start to mix with the oranges and browns of the season.  The image I used was a lovely Tiddly Inks image called "Watcha Doin?"  However, for this card, I've covered up the sentiment that comes with the image and put my own, so that I can send it to the lovely lady that its destined for... a friend of mines Mum, who lives just a few doors away from me.  I usually send her something very floraly or something plastered in butterflies, but I'm sure she'll love this which is a beautiful image and a refreshing change from the regular pinks and lilacs.  I've coloured the image with Promarkers and die cut it with an oval Spellbinders Nestability.  The girl is layered up with just another layer to make it pop from the background.  


I have a growing collection of Tiddly Ink images - which are just gorgeous and perfect for people who love digi crafting.  The talents of their creator, Christy Croll, can be found in her shop here.  Please check them out - I defy you to come away from the shop without resisting buying one or two!!!  Also, check out the cards from her design team - they are awesome, and if you do visit the blog, there are some great tutorials posted and links on how to colour hair.  Seriously, the DT have it nailed!!!  As you can see from my card, I have yet to come up to their magnificent standards.

The Funky Hand Challenge is to use flowers in your card or project - but just floral paper or flat flowers will NOT cut the mustard for Kathy, who's set this months challenge... oh no, Kathy wants to see dimensional flowers, be they home made or whatever... well my flower, which is quite a statement on my card, is made up of Petalloo, Prima and homemade flowers which I cut with my Silhouette cutter ages ago...  All have been glittered to within an inch of their life, using Ranger Stickles in Diamond.  All the flourishy things are die cut using Spellbinders Doodleparts - and again, generously 'stickled'!!!!


The design papers on the card are ALL Funky Hand papers, from the CD 'Dreams Come True'.  The two with browny/orangy colours are from the aptly names collection 'Autumn Style' and the green paper is from the collection 'Kidding Around'.  This has been punched both sides using a Martha Stewart border punch.

Check out here for all the fabulous Funky Hand CD's and downloads available from the very talented Anice.  I have all of her CD's and some of the downloads too, which is a true testamont to her talents... I'm always waiting for her next CD to arrive on the scene, but have the very latest release too - called Colour Me Happy, which is on the very clever Papercraft Factory programme - which is just like shopping for a design paper and makes selecting a suitable design in the appopriate colourway for your project very easy.  Both this collection of papers and the Dreams Come True collection are available with this programme (you do have to buy each CD separately) but when you load them up - you can jump between both collection as they somehow link up together... clever.

Thanks for looking at this card, the first challenge I've entered in quite some time... please leave some 'love' and hope to see you back again. 

hugs, Paula x x x

20 comments:

  1. 'ello me duck. :) Gorgeous work as always. :) Love the flowers too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula - this is beautiful! I love the bright orange color - such a happy cheerful card!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun, another late night in the playground I see! Love your card, and your interpretation of the theme using colour is brilliant. As for those sparkly flowers... they're bee-yooo-ti-ful! Good luck in the challenges.

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that flower!! I don't really "do" cute, but your card is lovely. Hope you get some sleep through the rain....

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love this paula the image is just so super cute,and love all the sparkle and those gorgoues swirls you have added,hope you are feeling better hun love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well colour ME happy - to see you're feeling up to the odd challenge. Love the card, gorgeous image and fably (is that a word? NO, but you get it..)coloured. You are so good at adding the sparkle aren't ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card. So sparkly and gorgeous. Thanks for Getting Funky with flowers this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Paula. So colourful and cute. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I love all the sparkly bits.

    Hugs
    Penni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card mate, I love the colours you have used and your colouring is brilliant! have a lovely day! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my lovely! What a really sweet card...love what you have done with it ! HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Paula - what great paper choices you made for this card - I love the colour combo and as you say a refreshing change from pinks.
    Thanks for getting Funky and Flowery with Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so sweet and I'm lovin' the colors, Paula! thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Paula
    Super sweet card and I love the sparkly flowers.
    Thanks for playing funky this month.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely card, thanks for joining us this month at Get Funky
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiyah Paula!! love this card hun, so cheery and happy. Thankyou for sharing it in the get funky and tiddly challenges hun!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card and the colours are just right (must have a closer look at the cd as I've missed those!!) Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Paula

    A beautiful creation - I love that sentiment alongside your image .. .. and of course your papers are funkily gorgeous LOL!!

    Great flower and colour choices.

    Thank you for playing along with Get Funky! this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails