Tuesday, 31 August 2010

He's just a 'Funky' gamer boy

In a previous post (WOYWW) I showed a close up of some images that i'd coloured up with my promarkers ready to make a card with.  The image is a digi from Mo Manning, and is just the ticket for most boys this day and age!  Well, this is what the finished card looked like:

I made the easel card from 300gsm paper printed with Funky Hand designs from the latest Papercraft Factory CD - Colour Me Happy.  I love this colour combo.  Each of Anice's CD's from Funky Hand have collections on which are sorted in to colour collections.  Each collection is made up of 5 co-ordinating colourways, which either contrast or compliment each other perfectly.  She gives them the most delightful names.  Here we have one that reminds me of dominoes, and classic and versatile polka dots... who doesn't like polka dots?

The 3D dots are 'card candy' and adhered with small foam pads... they are like faux brads and can be bought in any conceivable colour - and lighter and less fiddly than brads.  The sentiment is a simple computer generated one.

I had printed and identically coloured 3 images then decoupaged them up... you can't tell very well on this pic, but his arms and his legs stand out like they would IRL - as they would be standing proud of the back of the image.  Inside - under the top of the easel part, I put a strip of the polka dot paper in to make a little pocket to put some money in for my darling Godson.  I can't believe that he is 12 already and remember holding him as soon as he was home (day one or two) and sitting in awe of him and crying cos he was so beautiful.  He is still lovely in everyway, but it doesn't make it any easier to buy a pressie for him, so I thought the money would be more appropriate... besides, I haven't been anywhere to do any shopping anyway - unless you count the hospital shop LOL.

Thanks for stopping by.

Paula x x x

7 comments:

  1. What a fab card Paula. Get over to my blog to be in with a chance to win the celebration gift :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula
    fantastic card for a 12 yr old, thats the one I use for my lot, hope you are keeping well.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you blogging again Paula. Lovely card. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. IRL! get you !!!!!! Mwah!
    Great card I think this image is a perfect boy's card. Great idea to decoupage it too.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Paula. The image is perfect for a boys card and beautifully coloured too. I love the papers you have used! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula this is a fab card. I'm so pleased that you are enjoying using my papers. The colouring on your image is wonderful. I really have to get to work with the pro markers I purchased a while ago and learn how to use them properly. Thanks for sharing such a great card.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Paula, such great colouring! What's the name of that fabulous font you used?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails