Saturday, 3 July 2010

Encouragement Card

I have made friends with a lovely lady in Cumbria.  I got 'chatting' with her through the Craftrak site - (I've made some lovely friends through the site) and often 'chat' via e-mail.  Recently, she told me that her daughter has MS.  In fact my friend is in the process of moving house to be nearer to her.

Anyway, she happened to mention that her daughter had been feeling a bit down as she had very recently developed a new symptom caused by the MS.  She is only young (around my age) and has two young children.  Well, it really struck home how lucky I am not to have a condition such as that, and while I might go on about my current state of health and use my blog as an outlet, I can't imagine what it must be like to have something that is degenerative.  Despite me mentioning it from time to time *what do you mean all  the time?* - I never stop thinking how lucky I really am - and how different my news could have been.

I asked my friend if she thought her daughter would mind if I sent her a card - and luckily, she didn't think she would.

Now, the difficult part was deciding what sentiment to use... I didn't think 'Get well soon' or 'Thinking about you" were really appropriate sentiments so I thought I would send one that said "'sending you encouragement'.

Here's how it turned out.


The card base is 6x6.  The die cut mats are some that the lovely Susie Sugar sent to me a while ago.  The ribbon is organza double edged in satin.  The sentiment is from the Anna Griffin set of sentiment stamps I bought a few weeks back from QVC - so are the corners and the flourish under the sentiment.  I put black pearl type gems in each corner as well as on the sentiment mat.

I stuck the ribbon on the card top to bottom, then tied the bow around it.  The stamping was done using Black Tuxedo Momento Ink.

I really do hope that she didn't mind me sending her the card.  I knew how all my blogging friends have made me feel by sending me fabulous cards and hope that she knows that there are people out there who care - even if they haven't met or aren't aware of their existance.  I hope she likes it.

Thanks for reading - please come back again soon.

Hugs, Paula x x x

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Paula, I am sure she will feel that warm fuzzy feeling that you get when lovely mail arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is really beautiful and she will just love it perfect sentiment,too hun she will be over the moon,with this I know I would be,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's often the sentiments that come from afar that mean the most Paula so I'm sure she will be touched by your card. What a lovely idea.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a super card Paula - I hope you're feeling a bit better yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sure this will mean so much to here, lovely card

    thanks for the snoop

    big hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I'm sure she will like it. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll love it. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She will love it Paula! I love that yummy big bow! I think it is always nice to receive a card..especially one that is handmade and had some thought put into it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgoodness, paula is that helens mum?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card. Sorry I haven't been around much. Trying to balance my work, family, personal craft time, and blogging time has been quite hectic lately. Blogging has fallen to the bottom of the list. I still visit your posts and hope you are continuing to do well. I do hope to chat with you soon again. Still thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card and a perfect sentiment. I'm certain she will adore such lovely thought.

    Crossing everything in the hope you have some good news next week at the Dr's.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im sure she will be chufed that you thought of her Paula. Lovely sentiment and the card is beautiful! Have a great weekend! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Paula. Gorgeous ribbon and what a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whenever I feel down, nothing cheers me up more than somebody doing something really thoughtful for me, and this is gorgeous hun, and I think your friend's daughter will love it.

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sweetest moments are those that are unexpected, and to receive a really beautiful card from someone thinking about you must be one of those moments. I know she will love her surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a beautiful card, I love the stamps used on it, and the color combination and proportions are just perfect. I think that she will most likely really appreciate the fact that you care and the time and talent you put into the card you made for her. Obviously you are coming from the perspective of someone who has had their own time of it and appreciated the thoughts of others, even if you didn't know them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Paula this is stunning darling really pretty and oh so classy.....me thinks just like you !!
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails