Friday, 25 June 2010

WOYWW - Missing In Action

Hello all,

I need to apologise for not participating this week... there's been lots happening - and lots not happening...  Also - sorry but there are no piccies either.

Came back from a wonderful weekend away on Monday - we went to Pontins Brean Sands for a long weekend with our friends from Cardiff which was lovely and made a really pleasant change. 

Been in fair amount of pain over the weekend...  didn't take the amitriptyline until I came back on Monday night and they have just knocked me out big style.  Had a late morning on Tuesday, then had some long phone calls, started a couple of cards.  OH did a BBQ - and the kids decided they didn't want anything... before you knew it, it was time to go to bed.

Up late again Wednesday. got a phone call from the docs to tell me that my liver function is abnormal and I need to have more bloods taken in 4 weeks time.  A friend came round for some advice on his CV which i helped him to put some key points together.  When he went, we watched the England match.

Got up earlier today as I had to take youngest DS to the orthodontist to have his upper fixed brace (train tracks) fitted... he's had patriotic and topical red and white cushions on his brace!!!  Did a bit of shopping, had lunch as had to keep stopping and resting, bought my mum's birthday present whose Birthday was today (well, Thursday) then came home... used public transport due to not driving and really knew about it when I got home.  Its a good job DS was with me as I couldn't carry anything and it really took it out of me.  Started work on mums cards (I fessed up to her I'd not finished one)....

Mum is coming down here today (Friday) where she will get her pressies and cards.  She didn't mind cos she said it would be like having two Birthdays (bless).

So there you have it.  Its felt like I've been really busy (and I probably haven't been) but I feel like i have achieved very little.  Its the very first WOYWW I've missed since I started in January - even managed to get a post on (with a little help from my friend Annie) when in hospital both times.... but things have just caught up with me and i feel like that are starting to take over - life 1 Paula 0

I will, given the chance, catch up through blogger dashboard - but if i don't visit you - please don't take it personally - I really am struggling at the moment.

Take care of yourself and if you got here - thanks for coming.

If you leave a comment - it will make my day - but don't feel obliged.

Paula x x x

22 comments:

  1. No need to apologise Paula - it is just as good reading about your week as it is looking at your workdesk ;-)
    I hope the tests go well when you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh paula, sending some more cyber hugs to top you up this morning , you are really having a tough time at the moment hun, so pleased you had a fab weekend away though,hugs lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you are still having pain - hope things get better soon. Hugs. xx Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to send you an e-mail to see how you were feeling, since I hadn't seen you "out and about" on the blog in a little while. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and I'm praying for you. (I've also heard about the amitriptyline from my mom, and I don't blame you for waiting until bedtime to take it, she says it knocks her out too, partly why she doesn't care for it so much..) You just do what you need to do, and I'll continue to pray for you about all that nagging physical stuff.. I hope you get to make something fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really hope the next blood tests come back ok for you. Glad you had a good weekend. Get lots of rest my little friend and shout if you need anything.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hunnybun, here's a little cyber {hug} for you! Don't be silly, worrying about missing WOYWW - I'm sure Julia would be the first one to say it's supposed to be fun, and not to get stressed about missing one now and again. There's no way I'll be able to do every week, or work my way around every desk each time but I still love to play when I can.

    I bet you're fed up of being poked and prodded and having tests, but will be worth it if they get your problems sorted. I have to have some bloods done next week and I'm dreading it, I must have very deep veins or something 'cause they always really struggle to get more than a few drops out of me!

    Keep smiling poppet, hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great day with your Mum - wish her happy birthday from me. Best of luck with the tests. Get a more restful weekend!!(That sounds bossy but you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Hope the blood tests come back ok. Big hug from me. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi mate. You don't need to apologise to anyone, Sorry to hear you are having a rough time sounds like you have been really busy! Hope you manage to have a relaxing weekend and that you feel better soon. Big hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUGS to you Paula, no need to stress Love, we understand. I hope everything becomes easier for you the next few weeks!

    You Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No apologies required Paula, I hope your blood tests come back ok and sorry to hear you are still having a lot of pain, I wish they would be quick and sort you out soon but you are still being brave and getting on with your life inspite of.
    I've got to be brave now and go to the dentist :)lol.
    Lots of cyber hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good grief Paula, no wonder you are knocked out, I'm exhausted reading about your week. Any chance of you having a rest this weekend?
    Oh, and Happy Birthday Mum, hope your dear daughter managed to finish your card! Have a lovely day together. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I nearly sent you a text to see if you were ok on Wed, then i decided it was your Mum's birthday and you would be with her. Hope you get back some zest soon, but til then REST!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah Mrs G, there you are, thought for a moment you'd decided to stay in Somerset (wouldn't that have been nice??!). Life just swamps you sometimes and you have to go with the flow or be drowned by it!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your mum today, and take everyones advice and have a quiet weekend!

    Hugs
    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear friend love you lots and lots, hope next round it will be Paula 1 especially with liver, hope it will settle down. You are a fighter but take it easy... Anyway am really happy you had so much fun at Pontins Brean Sands... Kisses and hugs from me

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry Paula to hear life is not treating you so well. You've already been through so much it just isn't fair.
    You take it easy, we will be all be here for you when you are ready to craft again,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you had a good time on your little break....hope things start to calm down for you soon!

    Sending you hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. take it easy Paula. we love you

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry life is winning over Paula ...I am sure you will battle back. Sorry you didnt have great news from your tests... I am sure things will be fine after the next lot ... and maybe they can let you know what is going on.

    So glad you had a fun break dispite the pain....I went to Brean sands 36 years ago ...when DD was a todler ...where does time go... I suddenly feel very old.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya hun, nice to have you back on here ;-) Hope the liver function problem is only minor. Glad you managed to get away for a few days.
    Hugs anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a fab time with your friends from Cardiff. Us Welshy's are a pretty good breed!!
    Only now I'm doing my snooping, but have been checking your blog as I was concerned when I didn't see your name on Mr Linky.
    Anyway,hope you had a great day with your Mum and here's to a less painful and less busy week.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you have had a nice relaxing weekend and are feeling better. Take care
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails