Monday, 14 June 2010

More cards using Tiddly Inks Digitals - single vase image.

Here are some more cards that I done this morning with the same image as used in my last post - available from Tiddly Inks Digitals.

Here is a 6x6 card with the image matted on red mirri board, then on a lovely green paper with the edges punched with the Martha Stewart loops border punch. Red ribbon and bow round bottom, and faux red heartshape gems add finishing touches.


Next is a 6x6 square card with the image coloured up in purple tones.  The image is matted on a piece of corrugated cardstock which I think I got from the Papermill shop ages ago.  I distressed the edges of the image with Versamagic chalk ink in petunia.  The ribbon is some that the lovely Gez sent to me a short while ago.  4 small gems finish off each corner.

 

Next is a smaller card - A6, coloured in blue tones.  Image is edged with versamagic dewdrop chalk ink in Key Lime.  Blue card used for matting is some that I filed away yesterday when I sorted all my scrap paper out into colour schemes.  I finished the bottom of the blue paper off with 3 faux gems in a lovely blue colour.  Rik rak ribbon is from stash.


The final card is also A6 in size and is simply the image matted on green pearl cardstock also from my scraps stash.  I swept Aspen Mist versamagic dewdrop chalk ink around the image before matting.  No gems, ribbon or bling.  The image speaks for itself.

 

All images have been printed on 300gsm cardstock and coloured with promarkers, with highlights done using Sakura glaze pens.

I am really pleased with how all these cards turned out using this image.

All the matting on the cards in this post and the last, have been used from my newly sorted scraps stash - even some of the base cards - infact, only the two 6x6 cards in this post have been made from new base card stock. 

Its amazing how easy it is to find the right colour from my scraps without having to cut into a new piece of coloured cardstock unecessarily - and its also easy to file any new scraps that are worth saving.

My newly sorted scraps are filed in 2 x lever arch files - in separate poly pockets for each colour.  The first file is sorted in order of the rainbow song - R,Y,P,G,P,O,B (this is the order we used to sing it anyway).  I might change it yet!!!  Then the second one houses the neutral colours: black, brown, grey, white, cream and metallics.

Jobs a good 'un!!!

Please leave a comment to say that you've been - then come back again if you like what you've seen!!

hugs, Paula x x x

18 comments:

  1. Fab set of cards Paula, it's amazing how a little change in colour alters the cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab cards these are Paula. Really love that little flower image....so versatile.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been so busy today. Love them all! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful Paula, lovely understated elegant use of the images. Great colouring to gal. Are you upo to this much all in a day? Hope you're winning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Paula, these are just yummy!
    Beautiful cards!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vase image, you've made them all look so different, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh aren't you good getting organised ;-)
    More beautiful cards Paula, love the red and green together :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards, I love the one with purples the best but they are all lovely.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief hunnybun, you're flying through cards at the moment! Lovely batch of designs, very simple and elegant. And I'm glad to hear some of my organising vibes are getting to you!

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red and green should never be seen -just shows it pays to break the rules!Fab cards Paula. Congrats on the organising even though your rainbow colours sound a bit iffy. Hugs bettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you have been busy and what a great collection you have. I love the simplicity of this image and how different you have made the image look with your matting and colouring. Clever crafting. Hope you're well. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely bunch of cards. You sure are making up for lost time!

    xxxPaulaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing cards Paula. I've been eyeing up these exact images! Great minds! Glad the ribbon came in handy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these cards Paula!
    the purple one is my absolute fave!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really pretty, way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so delicate,and so very beautiful!Love them!
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these cards look so lovely and fresh they would put a smile on anyones face. I love your colouring too! The scraps folder idea sounds brilliant, I keep all mine in a box and never get them out as I can't be bothered to sort through it all, I have a spare folder so I am going to get myself organised! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Paula. I particularly like your butterfly ones in an previous post. I hope you are feeling better than of late. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails