Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Footy Nut or Nutty about Footy - a fun card

I love this image from Bugaboo and couldn't wait to use it on a card for one of youngest DS friends.  I actually managed to get this image when it was a freebie:


The sentiment that actually comes with this image says 'soccer nut' - and their football nut is actually a pic of a nut playing American Football - so I generated this on the PC myself.  They have a nut playing various sports which are great - all priced at $3.00 each.  Have a good look around the store though - they have some really funny images from the Character Collections - there's loads.  They do a full range of the sports 'nut' - so may get the tennis and golf ones.

The background paper is from the Forever Friends CD from the male collection.  The cup is just a peel-off on white card and cut round.  The 3 footballs on the bottom are button embellishments that i've had in my stash for a long time.  I made the bunting myself and sewed together with embroidery thread after I had pricked holes in each one with my pokey tool... I think it adds a bit of extra fun and dimension to the card... I coloured the image with my promarkers... I've never had to colour a nut in before so wondered what colours to use... it didn't turn out too bad I don't think!!!


The Happy Birthday sentiment inside the card is from the Anna Griffin set I bought - just stamped with black tuxedo momento ink.

I've just had my mail delivered and amongst it is an appointment to see my thoracic surgeon - the appointment is this monday coming (5th July).  Hopefully I'll get some answers.  In the meantime, I'm supposed to be going to Wimbledon for the mens semi's on Friday - going down Thursday to Saturday but, i'm trying to get OH to go instead of me.  I am so scared of being bumped, it makes me feel sick.  Also not being able to sleep is bad enough at home, but not being able to sleep while in an unfamiliar hotel with everyone asleep in the same room and nothing to do is surely worse??? For some reason - my OH just doesn't want to go... and, if he refuses - i'll have to go as I can't let the boys down. 

More about wimbledon in my post tomorrow for WOYWW (I know that cos i've already part typed it LOL)!!!


Thanks for reading

hugs, Paula x x x

5 comments:

  1. Blimey you have been busy. I love this card , it really made me smile and I think you have coloured the nut in perfectly! Let me know how you get on with your appointment and if you do go to Wimbledon I hope you enjoy it and get those boys to look after their mum! Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's very nut coloured! It's a really funny card, it did make me smile. Poor you, having semi final tickets if you don't feel up to going!
    Hope the appointment on Monday brings positive news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula
    This is fantastic I am sure he will love it, great image, Hope everything goes ok on Monday.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thats a great card and I love the way you have coloured the nut. Hope you get on ok on Monday. I will pop back tommorrow to see your WOYWW and hear about Wimbeldon.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeheee!!! I LOVE NUTS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails