Friday, 18 June 2010

Fathers Day Cards



Its that time of year again which is a bit of a tough one.  Last year was the first Fathers day without my Dad - but I made myself busy by being away for the weekend.  This year we are doing the same and heading down to Somerset on one of those Sun Holidays (that never in a million years only cost £9.50), staying a Brean Sands.  This is something that I really need to do - get out of these four walls and relax - the doc said it would do me good.   Now believe it or not, I've never been to Somerset - for that matter - the only place I have been to in the South West is Coombe Martin - and that was 15 years ago (give or take a month)...  Anyway, we are there from Friday to Monday and meeting up with our good friends from Cardiff who are staying also.  They just happen to be the people we spent last Fathers day with - as we were staying in Saundersfoot where they used to site their tourer.

Anyway, I still have to make a Fathers day card to the DH from the kids so here is my offering which I am also entering into a few challenges:


Here is a side view


The image, coloured with promarkers, is a free digi from Pollycraft Designs.  I can see this image will come in handy for loads of people (of the male variety) I know - (obviously this is no reflection on me LOL)...

The DP is Funky Hand from the Dreams Come True CD, the circle Sentiment on the bottom flat part of the card was a free one, the beer glass made into a border along the bottom has been made by me, using a free image that I've had for ages from the Digi Stamp Boutique.  The 'bottoms up' sentiment was made by yours truley on the pc in 'cool dots' font - which was one I downloaded for free some time ago.  The image was coloured with my promarkers and layered up to make into decoupage.  I really love this card and the colours...

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Fab n Funky Challenge #28 - Just for Dad

Digital Tuesday Challenge #63 - "Easel Card" (but must use a digital image)

A spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #108 - "Enjoying the Sunshine" (I think a bit of the summer sun and a bit of warm weather turns loads of people into beer monsters!!!)

A Crafty Little Place Challenge #43 - "One for the Boys"

Cupcake Craft Challenge #95 - "One for the Boys"

Incy Wincy Design Challenge #45 - "One for the guys"

Magical Crafts Challenge #17 - Something for a Male/Fathers Day


Paper Cutz Challenge #45 - a card for Fathers day using a digital


Simple Doodles Challenge #19 - "Just for you Dad"

I think that this is a record number of challenges i've ever entered - and lots of these challenges are firsts for me - which is fab!!!!

I also made this card for my OH to give to his Dad


Side View:




The image was a freebie - a long time ago from Digi Stamp Boutique.  I printed it out 3 times, coloured in with promarkers and layered up as decoupage.  I put Glossy Accents on the finished image to give it a glass look - but this doesn't pick up too well on the picture.  Again, the design paper is from the Dreams Come True CD from Funky Hand.  The Sentiment was created again by me on the PC printed in Cool Dots font as before.  Image layered up on oval nestie and scalloped oval nestie.  The 'dots' are more card candy, which I think adds a great finishing touch.

Well I hope you have a great weekend wherever you are and what every you are doing.

For those of you who visited due to WOYWW - many of you asked me to let you know how I got on at the doctors - so here's a little update.

He's changed my medication from Nefapam to Diclofenac and increased the dosage.  He's put me on amitryptoline (sp?) for the nerve pain and to help me sleep (can you tell i've not taken them yet as its turned 1.40am and i'm still up!!!  He also requested a full blood screen so I had bloods taken this afternoon by going back to the surgery after lunch and he's also requested some x-rays - so went and had this done later afternoon.  I'll just wait now.  I am still on tramadol and paracetamol, but I have to see if these meds work over the next 2 weeks.

So, thats me.  This will be my last post until I come back after my weekend in Somerset - so I will catch up with all my blogging friends after that.  Please still leave your comments though as getting on the laptop will probably be the first thing I do when I get back home.

Have a good one,

hugs, Paula x x x

39 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards hon. I love the easel style.I don't make Father's day cards anymore, I figure my son at 22 can sort his own out lol

    I hope your new painkillers work and you get soe relief soon. When my back was really bad I took tramadol but it didn't even touch the pain, yet I've a friend who swears by it, just shows pain management is very individual.

    Have a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards!

    I'm sorry you're missing your dad around this time of year, especially.

    Hope you feel better soon. I keep checking back to see if you're healed up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Cards. The monster os awesome! Thanks for playing along on PCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the beer stein easel card, very great for fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brill Father's Day cards, Paula! The beer monster is fab! Enjoy your weekend away. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brill card, hope you have a greast weekend and the new meds work1
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Paula. Hope you have a good weekend.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I'm off to download that free digi stamp, it will be perfect for hubby's Birthday in September (nothing like being organised!!) Love the cards. Have a great time in Somerset, don't forget to sample the Scrumpy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards, love them both! Thanks for joining us at ASFoS.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cards chick, really good masculine colours. Mother's and Father's Days are tough when you've lost your parents aren't they, especially when there are so many themed challenges around at those times!

    Hope you have a fab weekend and that your new meds kick in soon.

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The amitryptoline would knock me out for 12 hours and leave me woozy for another 6 - Irealise that pain management is personal, but be aware that it's a total muscle relaxant - specially if you're off for some R &R with friends - hate you to sleep through it! Have a lovely but gentle weekend, huh.
    Great, great cards by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Paula. Have a fab weekend. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your two cards are amazing Paul ! Really cool and fun ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aah, I love this image, I downloaded it too! I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend away with your friends and that fathers day is not too difficult for you. Hope the new meds kick in too! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are two brilliant cards Paula. I have never made Fathers Day cards as my Dad left when I was little so I always keep busy that day :( Have a wonderful time down in Somerset...its very beautiful HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that frog card, it is so cute! Have a great weekend, the beach at Brean is great - it's HUGE.

    Hugs,

    xxPaulaxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards. I saw that digi at pollycrafts but wasn't quick enough to grab it, got todays though! Although I have family in Somerset I haven't visited the North Coast before, but I really do like the area in general. Hope you have a great time and can keep on top of the pain, alcohol should help!!

    Hugs
    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This such a fun card! You've made me smile looking at.
    Thanks for playing with us at Simple Doodles. Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards Paula! So lovely bright! Just as I like to make them! I don't have anybody to make a fathers card for anymore, which is sad but I guess that life!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know how you feel honey, never a day goes by that I don't think of my dad and how much I miss him.

    You have yourself a lovely weekend and I hope the sun shines for you. We had a family holiday at Brean Sands when I was about 12, the one and only time we went somewhere like that - my brother and I had a ball, loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fantastic easel cards! Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both these cards are brilliant and I now want to go and draw monsters and robots! And !!! we do the Sun Hoildays sometimes, haven't done them this year tho' too broke, even for them!! Brean Sands looks rather nice (I Googled it) so have some real resting up time and well as any sneaky looks around any crafty shops you find...I never find any...
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both your cards Paula the colours are really bright and cheerful. I made my first easel card last night.
    Hope your meds work and allow you to have a great weekend.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a lovely weekend - hope the meds do the job, loads love Anj x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifull cards Paula!
    I love the cute little monster card :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Digital Tuesday!
    Greetings Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards Paula. Good luck with the new meds. I'm on Diclofenac for my heel & it's really worked but unfortunately it's upset my tummy make sure you take them after eating hunni. Sorry I missed your desk on Weds as I ended up at A&E with my son so no blog hopping. :(
    Hope you have a lovely break. Best wishes, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cards Paula, I love the vibrant colours!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card Paula.

    Honestly the Fathers Days do get easier.

    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What fun cards!! Great job on both!! Thanks you so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Comical and super super FUN! Paula you really have a humorous side to you that shines in these cards. I hope they love them.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    BTW...what does OH mean. Where I come from it means Ohio and I know that can't be right...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Paual, hope you have a love weekend away and that the meds do their job. Fabulous cards - I got the Beer Monster from Pollycrafts and as my granddaughter asked me to put a piece off a Carling box on a card for her (she' normally do it herself but she slept at a friend's last night so won't be home for a while yet) I thought I'd include the beer monster. I've never had the pleasure of making a father's day card as my dad died when I was 4 :(
    Hugs Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. fab cards,love the images and colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Paula! I hope you are enjoying yourself in Somerset, it sounds wonderful and a great way to reflect. I too lost my dad 14 years ago, it never quite eases especially since they were such great mentors. ;) What great cards! I love that beer monster, lol! My DH doesn't drink but I can think of a few cousins who would frame this. Great job, thank you so much for joining us in our Guys challenge at ACLP!
    ~*Joni ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi again Paula

    Another (2) great cards, wow you have been busy!!

    Hope you get your medication sorted and it relieves your suffering soon, I am on Declafenac too at the moment and it does take the edge off my pain but top it up with paracetemol and codeine!

    Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy for our "One for the guys challenge"

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  35. What fantastic cards! Thanks for joining us at Fab n funky this week xxx
    ps hope you enjoyed the holiday and weren't suffering too much pain xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a wonderful job with both cards, thanks so much for playing along with SD.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Paula,
    Great cards - really fantastic! Sorry it's such a difficult time - I go thru the same thing every year and it's really hard. Hope you will have a lovely and refreshing time in Somerset. And hope that your pain will ease with the change of meds. Sending you some {{hugs}} from Australia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love these cards, especially the beer monster one Fantastic!! Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fab cards Paula and the colours are brilliant together x

    Thank You for playing Crafty Cardmakers Mans card challenge (Sorry I'm so late coming round!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails