Friday, 11 June 2010

Butterfly Easel Card

Well, I have this friend who is approaching 40... tee hee - she's older than me!!!

Anyway, she's quite arty herself so I hadn't a clue what type of card to make her - and no amount of effort or imagination on my part would ever touch her talent - so I made her this:

Front view





View from the side of the easel card








Close up of the tags


This card has been made from a Kanban kit - which is really good quality embossed and foiled cardstock.  The kit matches the stamps I bought from QVC a short while ago... I used to think making cards from kits was a bit cheating - but there's no difference between these kits and starting from scratch - but it does mean that everything matches... you still have to think about the design and layout of the card - what fold to use, what to put where etc.  I would recommend this kit to beginners or experienced crafters alike - but would particularly recommend it because of the quality of the card and toppers.

Hope my friend like it when she receives it.

EDITED TO SAY THAT THE FRIEND IS HELS - INK ON  MY FINGERS... IF I SAID BLOGGING FRIEND - SHE MIGHT HAVE CLICKED ON!!! 

Thanks for reading - please leave a comment to say you've been - then come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

21 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty. The colours go so well together. I'm sure your friend will love it. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Paula this is absolutely beautiful - a real work of art.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say your friend will love it, its beautiful.
    Christine x
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great card Paula, I'm sure your friend will love it. Had no idea Kanban made kits either. Picking up that set of tree stamps when I was home was just a stroke of good luck, I liked them very much and knew I'd buy them if I saw them, but didn't expect to see them at all. However, in Yeovil close to the start of the holiday, I went in a little craft shop that they have and staring me in the face as soon as I opened the door were the stamps, the only pack left in the shop. Serendipity I think! I think my bloggin is going to be a bit sporadic still for a few weeks, there's loads to do outside when the weather breaks and my room needs a good tidy up (ironing and general mess dumped in there from the suitcases) that isn't helping my creativity one little bit. Have a great weekend, hope you get the rib pain sorted out, and what a bummer about the job situation!

    Hugs
    Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and so wonderfully co-ordinated. I love the butterfly. Your friend is going to love this card. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  6. she will absolutely adore it paula, its gorgeous hun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous,I adore that butterfly. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card Paula. I'm sure she will really love it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done such a lovely job with this Paula, it's really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Paula, you are very talented girlie!! I adore Kanban stuff and this kit is stunning, I just know your friend will love it.
    Thank you for all your lovely comments Paula, and your wonderful e-mail, it really made me smile!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Paula ... how can she possibly not love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Paula,lovin the colours and the butterfly is beautiful. Your friend will absolutely love her card.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats fab Paula - thanks for the delicious angel too!! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She will love it...It's so pretty!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The butterfly is gorgeous! A+ for you!!

    xxxxxxx
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card ...hard to believe its a kit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Paula, she will love it ;-)
    Hope you have a good weekend ;-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure your friend will love her card, it just lovely. Great colour combo and as you say it all matches - kits have there uses and you have made it work really well. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - beautiful card, Paula! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card - love the butterfly especially!
    I am sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now this is beautiful and I love the way you have used the ribbon and tucked the tag in a bit like a message board, very clever. This looks like a lovely kit and I have never used one before, its fantastic! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails