Wednesday, 19 May 2010

WOYWW - 19th May


Oi!! Come back - you haven't come to the wrong desk - it really is mine and it really is that tidy!!!



Since i've been feeling a bit better - I've been in tidying mode (apart from my bedroom)! The furniture got changed round in the lounge, the bathroom is clean (ish), the kitchen is (relatively) tidy - all these tasks have been crying out for a womans touch - so erm, that would be me seeing as I am the only female in the house (apart from the cats - but they're no help)... so, after my attempts at trying to bring the house back up to Paula's standard (ooh things have definately slipped since i've been out of action) I thought I would fettle the conservatory/craft room (again) - I even steam cleaned the floor the other day!!!

Remember my visit to IKEA a week or so ago when I bought another 8 cube Expedit unit? Well, I'll let you into a little secret... I only wanted a cd stand - and the one to match my furniture was about 209cm tall.  OH ummed and aaahed, puffed and panted (he does it a lot) - he went out to the carpark with a paper IKEA tape measure and came back in a 'I told you so' kind of way - you see said desired CD stand wouldn't fit in the back of his 'truck' or as our friends across the pond call it the 'SUV'...

To put you in the picture, my DH has a Mitsubishi L200 Animal with the utility lid thingy on - (we bought it for camping - cos quite frankly - I literally do take the kitchen sink (well a camping version LOL - we'll not mention the microwave, slow cooker, kettle, toaster, porta potti etc)!! 

Anyhows, just because the CD storage unit was longer (when flat packed) than the back of the truck/SUV - my plan was scuppered.  Instead, I ended up buying another Expedit unit which was £30 more expensive - can you believe it!!!  As it happens - it does complete the look - so the smaller 4 cube one which had my printer on top is now is DS bedroom (I haven't ventured in recently so its probably under a pile of dirty clothes and tennis gear or something)...

Last week, my Mum came along and did a fantastic job at tidying up and reorganising the shelves - we moved things nearer that I use more, and made one of the cubes house for my cuttlebug and accessories so all is good...


Here's whats on top of the units


I also swapped a glass display shelf unit that was in here (conservatory) which, quite frankly, was taking valuable craft storage space up for the cupboard which was at the foot of the stairs which only housed books and rubbish - you know, if in doubt - shove it in there!!!  Now the cupboard - which incidentally matches the other furniture in here, houses my files of stamps, voile material, sewing kit, white card stock, clean bean tins (ready to do a Linda Elbourne number on them), the frames I bought from IKEA and a number of new candles ready for me to decorate at some stage...


You probably know by now that I am always changing stuff around and reorganising my space, drawers, shelves, wall space etc. - well my friends, this past couple of days has been no exception!!!  I bought a desk top stationery holder thing from IKEA and put my nesties, cuttlebug plates (boo hoo my C plate is cracked :o( - or rather is nearly in half!), embossing folders and tan embossing mats in it - housed beautifully I must say, but then I discovered a blog called CRAFTY STORAGE where they show you some really neat storage ideas and solutions.  While looking around the blog, I drooled at all the fabulous craft rooms - some of them with the same square footage as the whole of my ground floor - forget the idea of being indulgant and having two desks - some of these craft rooms have tables just for using the cuttlebug on!!!  Of course most of them are in homes based in the States - and when they do it - they do it big!!!  Check out the blog and drool girls - and of course pick up some handy hints and tips while you're there.

Anyway, back to the storage of my nesties... I decided to print out a piccy of all the nesties/spellbinders dies that I have (which isn't nearly as many as I would like) printing two per page - then cut each A4 sheet into A5.  I have loads of A5 polypockets left from when I bought the A5 ringbinders to file all my unmounted stamps in, so have popped each set of my nesties (still on their magnetic mats) in separate pockets with their corresponding pic at the front for easy location (well, that's the plan).  

For the moment (until I change my mind LOL), I have hung these from my poles on hooks above my desk - where my punches are stored.  I'm not 100% sure yet if this system will work for me - but I decided to do it when I was having one of those frequent procrastination moments - you know what I mean - I was supposed to be doing something else i.e. like the cards I need to do for the weekend, or the inserts for the order of service cards (which i've now completed but at the time of posting this, still need to fold, trim and stick in the covers)... Anyway, we'll see if my new storage cum filing system stays like it - although I might even put them in a ring binder yet, rather than hang them. 

On Monday when my lovely visitors went, I piled all my cushions up on the chair as i'd taken all the covers off earlier to wash.  Anyway, I went back in the lounge to find this... he must have been piled up on 6 feather cushions in total - he looked so comfy - so I just left him there - you can see the mark his little wet nose made - aawww bless!!!  In case any of you are wondering what this shaggy sheep like breed is, Dylan is a Bedlington Terrier - his KC name is Hobnail Horace - and he looks like a sheep (or as my friend says - a gay poodle!).  I call him my woolley baby!!!  When we had him (8 weeks old), I wanted to call him Dave but noone would go for that - so Dylan he became.


If you want to join in with the WOYWW malarky - hop over to Julia's blog - (the one who is responsible for this madness - and probably the cause of the recent problems with blogger LOL).  Julia lives at the Stamping Ground where we all post a comment on her desk, leave a link on Mr Linky then visit all the other mad nosey lovely bloggers who join in.  Its gone truly global in the last few of weeks - desks from Australia, Sweden, USA, France, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Norway and Slovenia to name but a few - bringing the four corners of the globe together and making the world a much smaller place - proving that the brits aren't the only nosey nation!!!
 
Thanks for dropping by - please come back again. 

Big hugs, Paula x x x

p.s. I know I said in my last post that my next one (which would be this one) would be shorter - well I clearly lied  underestimated the amount of stuff I ramble on about needed to share with you!  Next time maybe???

62 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Paula!

    Well done with all that work, looks fabulous! Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS; You and me have the similar ideas with the glass jars! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! I cant see much evidence of you putting your feet up and resting in this blog. They will be having you back at work!
    I really love your fab tidy crafting space. Bet youre thrilled to bits with it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes doesnt look like paula is resting and putting her feet up, but have to say the room looks terrific, and lovely tidy desk, wonder how long it will stay like that? The shelving units and the jars look terrific, I thought you said this was going to be a shorter post,hehe.
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agee with the others, you are meant to be resting (see I am nagging this week!) BUT I love how you've organised your room,it looks great - how about I swap my floor in the living room for your room???? No, what, why not!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula

    your storage looks fabulous, my hubby can be very similiar lol.

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I am exhausted reading your blog let doing all the tidying itself, you are supposed to be taking it easy Mrs! I sighed at the beauty of your very clean and organised work desk and those shelving units are just divine and hold all your stuff perfectly! Dylan looks very sweet too, I have a Norfolk much shorter legs and a more wirey coat but very cute too! Take it easy and I will mail you later! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all here, my my your resting is doing you the world of good..PLEASE sit down and rest xxx Glad you had company this week and the wedding stationary is fab xx I love how organised you are though hee hee.Take care speak soon,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific storage Paula. I want a room like that! If I can persuade the other half, a trip to IKEA is on the cards! Now go and put your feet up! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula,
    I'm going to have to pop back later for a proper read!
    I keep eyeing up these Expedit book cases. You really have got a wonderfully organised space.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am hooting here hun.. first of all... I wanna call my dog Dave... I haven;t got him yet but I told Grim I neeeed to have one for my 40th ROFL
    Second.. tis grand to see the word fettling, no one round here knows what I mean when I say that! And.. thirdly... get your bum over here, I need your organising skills.. your storage looks fantastico! Have a goodly day hunny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg it is your desk! heheheehehe wow! can you sent your mum this way pretty please! hope you a healing and doing ok, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that looks so business-like. How nice to have a place for everything. And have you got a big comfy chair there so you can put your feet up!!!!! Is that the beast that ate your feltie bear? - He looks so innocent! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good grief Paula, what are you on???? I haven't had this much energy for years so can I have some of yours, please! Love your new cubes, hope you haven't put that Bug too high up that you wont use it,(as if). Take care, ikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw say hello to Dylan for me (for the rest of you he took quite a shine to me when Pat and I visited the lovely Paula on Monday) Ooh it's funny looking at your space here now knowing just what it's like IRL (in real life - only figured that one out earlier today) Hope you haven't been overdoing it Paula. Take care of yourself girl!
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS not that you'll be interested but meant to say, I've visited 44 blogs now but could only comment on 24 :(
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG is that the same craft room and desk I saw on Monday I must have gone to the wrong house, this work desk and room looks so organised I'd be afraid to work init in case of messing it up.
    By the way, no way did I want to take the cake home it was for you to enjoy.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh la la, je suis jalouse !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Paula
    WOW you are so tidy, amazing space, luv all the storage, luv the poppie piccie, hello pooch, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Paula, don't forget the Philippines! I'm impressed with all the organization you've been up to! Looking good! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Go Paula ... what a fabulous job you have been doing!!!! Hope you are not overdoing it though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good grief Paula you have been so busy. But I must admit I am always changing things around, tidying, reorganising or sorting. Oh it keeps us out of mischief. Love all your storage too it looks fantastic. Think I need to visit Ikea and soon. Thanks for the snoop. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love Dylan...and what a tidy work station - yes did not recognise it at first...he he

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not only did I nearly faint, but OMG..I just rememebred you've only been crafting for about 5 minutes and look at all that stuff! Totally know what you mean about woman's touch - it just isn't the same when they use a cold wet cloth to wipe a surface instead of a hot nearly dry one and blah blah blah...in the end you have to have it your way! But don't over do it, huh! Dylan would have to fight Miss Dunnit for cushions round here - she sleeps on 4 pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goodness, you have been busy!! Are you not supposed to be resting, madam?! Dylan is adorable BTW and the craft room looks very impressive.... but don't overdo things! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow Paula, looking incredible. Love your storage and how you cen get everything so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your room looks great and so tidy. Although that means that you still aren't taking it easy!!!!!

    Hugs Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a fab tidy space and such alot of stash a newbie like me would love to rummage through:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow what a brilliant work space,such a lot of gorjus goddies,hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nicely organised Paula but I really think it needs to be messier. I give it a few days xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG!!!!!! I don't think I have ever seen the surface of your desk before. Love all your tidying, but worry you are doing too much. as for Dylan - still a sweetie and his nose is so warm!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Paula your worksapace is looking goooooood!!!! I get the impression that you have loads of light too or do you have an excitable flash on your camera hahaha!!!

    Awe, I just love Dylan and I think Dave would have been a gret name for him XXX

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG, how organised are you!! Great job, hope you didn't overdo it!

    Hugs, Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow ! Now that really is tidy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well that sure was a 'grab a cuppa' post!! Loved it, my only problem now is that all that I wanted to comment on Ive now forgotten! Now I need to keep scrolling up and down just coz me old grey matter is shot!
    Here goes:

    phew, nah Paula, Im not sure you are who you say you are, that crafting space could not possibly belong to a REAL crafter!! It is WAY too tidy!!

    back again:
    ooooh, all of those lovely glass storage jars all smartly co-ordinated and neatly standing there to attention - wow, they are very desirable Paula!

    I'm a big fan of your Dylan, even if he has tasted teddy bear flesh :-0 He is adorable!

    What a great trip that was Paula, thoroughly enjoyed meself so I did! lol!

    Off to snoop some more now before hubby starts shouting for dinner!

    Keryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he is sooooo lovely.

    Well done with the organising, looks like a marvellous place to pop to.

    Hugs
    Kay
    Toodles and Binks

    ReplyDelete
  37. oi you with your "commision" comment, us girls can't help but take all your ideas and pass them off as our own pmsl xx Dylan is coming to my house for a while ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have a cupborad like yours which at the moment only has things like plates we only use at Christmas and glasses we can't thow out because they were 'auntie Brenda's' and of course Auntie Brenda might want them (in Heaven) Her lamp is in my craft room and is VERY use ful, so I'm thinking get rid of all the (miss matched) china and use the cupbord for CRAFTYNESS!!

    (lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  39. love looking round your blog and am loving what you have done with your crafty space.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! everything looks wonderful, Paula - you've certainly been busy! I'm looking at getting those IKEA shelving units when we do our study up soon (just not looking forward to the clearing out first....

    ReplyDelete
  41. So glad your feeling better Paula, wow what a tidy desk, your cubes are fab and looooovvveeee your woolley baby, my not so woolley baby is stretched out on the floor at the side of me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super tidy you!!! Make sure you don't do too much, we don't want you back in that there hospital you know !!!!

    Oh and how big does your vehicle need to be to get a flat pack CD rack in it ????

    Take care.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  43. hi paula *waves*

    you did a great job, but how did you manage all that and resting too? the mind boggles unless of course you didn't rest at all..hhhmmmmm!

    I heartily approve of all your Ikea stuff, I luuurve Ikea, tis the shop of glee and wonderment.

    I plan on stealing your doggie while you sleep,I shall call him Dave lol My next dog is to be called Jack, I have been told that is silly but Jack it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  44. When you get bored you can come and tidy my house and organise my craft stuff too ;-) As 'fettle' is a lovely northern word you can't be too far away from me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Paula I seem to remember you accused me of looking like a shop the other week-now this is not a competition! By the time you've been going for seventeen years you will have filled a factory!It all looks lovely and very tempting. Hugs BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow....are you sure they are giving you the right medication..hehe!!! Everything looks amazing and neat and tidy. Did you pick up that OCD bug when you were in hospital:)

    Fab post as always..keep em coming!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. another wonderful read!!! I'm loving the new look craft room. lots of fab storage. all those jars look grat and the double expedit makes for massive of storage I'll bet! Dylan looks lovely and cozy snuggled up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. OOOh i love your storage and all those neat and full jars of goodies! ANd Dylan! What an adorable dog!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That surely is one tidy desk!!! Expedit storage is perfect!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow - you are so organized....and I love the new word I learned here today. "Scuppered". Heehee!!!! Nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm totally impressed with your lovely new storage. I saw some of it earlier, and the way you have it organized is awesome. Talk about talent when it comes to fitting everything and having a special place for it. Wonderful ideas abound, and that desk is very tidy and neat. I especially love all those jars on the top holding such gorgeous and colorful goodies.

    Dylan is a doll. And I like the name better than Dave, too! Sorry I'm late getting here. It's been a day. Off to check out that crafty blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I know what you mean, my cat never helps tidy either!! LOL...I do love those little jars you have your bits and bobs in! Cute puppy dog too!
    P.S. Please come check out my new challenge blog! The first challenge starts Sunday, May 23rd. I hope to see you there! xo Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  53. can I borrow your mum please??

    Like your idea of camping, though we were the only one to take a microwave lol

    ReplyDelete
  54. Just WOAW!!!! nice desk!
    bizzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  55. Ooo...am loving all of your Expedit storage Paula. Am wanting a white one myself and will probably have to wait until my 'biggy' birthday in September! I always love to visit your blog - so neat and organised - not just in your scraproom, which incidentally, I use my conservatory too...as well as the dining room, my study, the 2 top bedrooms for storage...! *Note to self* Take a leaf out of Paula's book! *Ü*I hope you are well on your way to recovery.;) TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  56. The Ikea effect strikes again - everything is always so much bigger than you think it is going to be!

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  57. VERY organised Paula!! I too spend a lot of time on Crafty Storage and am in total awe of all those American craft spaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I am not sure I am at the right blog....is this really Paula's???? Everything super tidy???? What has obsessed you woman????? Ha, ha....I love your super duper tidyness but sweetheart will it last???? I know mine only lasts till the first card and then puff...gone! By the way Mr. Don Key says HI and sends a gentle hug!
    A hug from me too!
    P.S: Also a big hug for Dylan....I am not sure Don is sending any hugs - he knows about the "episode"
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  59. you did good!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved looking around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. WOW what a fabby look round, I love it all so can I book myself in for a wee Crafty break at yours LOL Thanks for the nosey and visiting my blog, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  61. Looks great, Paula. But have you been 'released' for this kind of heavy duty work yet? LOL. I hope your recovering well. I miss chatting with you, but my life has been so hectic. Hopefully soon, it will slow down..but I've been saying that for weeks now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  62. oh goodness...your new furniture is just awesome. so organized in your new crafty space. Hey, I do have a post on my blog with lots of links about storing nesties. Lots of different ideas you might like to peek under How do you store it? Organization.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails