Thursday, 13 May 2010

A SLICE of information

Hi All
Thanks to everyone who visited my blog yesterday on the wonderful WOYWW - I got round over 100 peeps - but have some more to visit - so I'll do those later... as others had also experienced - blogger was being a bugger so I visited some and it wouldn't accept my comment, then the laptop began acting up so I gave up really late last night - by which time I was exhausted (funny how being in your PJ's and doing nothing wears you out!) so will make up for it, if not tonight, tomorrow...

Anyhows, in my last post - I featured one of my latest acquisitions - a ceramic craft knife called a Slice... which looks like this:


 Well, a few of you asked where I got it from and how much it cost... well, I paid £6.99 sterling and bought it from Joanna Sheen's on-line shop.  I wasn't particularly looking for it, but had considered getting a new cutting knife previously - but never got round to it... how fortunate then that I waited.  This is just an amazing tool... it doesn't cut your finger (yeh - I was daft enough to try it out)!!! LOL, and it cuts curves like a hot knife through butter.  It won't rust and will last longer than steel.  Well, don't take my word for it... If you're in the market for a new knife - go get!!!

Anyways, why don't I share a card with you...

Remember the car stamps I bought a while ago from QVC (click here for a reminder) - well, I actually inked them up to make a (late) card for my Sister's partner, Kevin.  I hadn't forgotten, but wasn't able to make him one - and didn't want to give him one i'd made for stock as i'd have felt like I was shortchanging him in (yeh - I know, weird)!!!

Anyway, here it is:


The DP's are K&Co Hopscotch (great for boys and mens cards), image stamped with Black Tuxedo Momento Ink, coloured with Promarkers, cut with circle nesties.  The 'studs' are card candy - adhered with tiny black foam pads.

Simple, but effective.  I like.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

22 comments:

  1. oh this is a great card hun perfect for the man in your life,and that knife sounds amazing may have to take a look,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol what a fun card, love that sentiment!

    thankyou for your comment, I appreaciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaahaahaahaahaaa!!!!!! I love the card!! The sentiment is PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the car card, the papers you've used are perfect! I must check out that knife, it looks really useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. The slice looks brill....wonder if it cuts material? :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I'm definitely tempted by that knife but I daren't visit the JS website or I'll spend a fortune! Great card Paula, love the sentiment.

    Hugs, Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card paula love the sentiment, I had the same problem with blogger
    Have a great weekend
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah lovely card Paula, I love that stamp and the colours you have used and of course the senitment! That craft knife looks fab and I have yet to find one that I love so thanks for the info I will take a look! Have a great weekend! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, why would one from 'stock' have been less appropriate than one that calls him an old wreck!! LOL! I get it though, you kinda think they're going to know if you don't do one specially. It IS weird.
    Hope you get commission for the knife!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a very useful knife and yes, only you would bother to test if it cuts your fingers!!!! Have a great weekend - I hope the sun shines a bit, I am fed up with all this rain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A ceramic slice? Thats such a new concept to me and one I reckon I would have to 'see' in action! I cant get my head round how that works!

    Super card Paula, I did chuckle at your sentiment!! Bet that made him feel special!! lol!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Paula, the sentiment gave me a giggle!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brill card for a man like you say simple but effective. Love the sentiment.
    The Slice sounds intriguing, must see it in action.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and really cool knife...another thing to go on the never ending wish list!!!

    Hope you are taking it easy!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Paula. Like the sound of the craft knife. Just spent £30 today at the craft shop so will have to wait a bit! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That knife sounds fabulous, I definitely need to get on of those.

    My black storage unit is a Quickutz Magpie unit and I bought it from Home Sense and it was a bargain at £9.99. I just picked up a second one today.

    I think your nearset one is in Nottingham
    http://www.homesense.com/

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paula my slice came today along with some daubers which were cheaper from J Sheen than SU.
    I just went to look at the black cabinet as I was in Homesense tonight! took a colleague to the station and it isn't far from there so popped in, and they didn't have any of those cabinets.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Paula. The colours are FAB. Great news about the knife.
    Sending you best wishes for a lovely weekend. Hope you are taking it easy & doing as you are told!!
    Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oo, I'll have to check out that slice - looks like a "must-have"!
    LOVE your card Paula! It's great! I burst out laughing when I read the sentiment - what a fantastic sentiment to go with the old Combie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card... & great tip! Thanks Paula, I'll investigate Joanna Sheen's site. Knives seem to go blunt as quick as a flash with me!
    Hope you're continuing to feel stronger!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabby man card Paula, the car is great
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails