Monday, 31 May 2010

Mini Album and Box

IRemember the mini album I said I was making - well here is the front and side view, then an arty 'fanned' look!!

I've removed certain details throughout the album for the sake of identification purposes.




Some lovely ribbon ties the pages together:


The front inside pages:


Some of the inside pages:






When I had finished the album and tied it all together, I though i'd make a box for it to keep it in.  Now, I'm not sure if you papercrafters out there do this too, but I've taken to saving boxes - from tea bags, dishwasher tablets, - even little boxes that my medication comes in.  I flatten the boxes and save them either for the templates to make a similar box or for the cardboard - or even to give me an idea of the best way to construct a box.  Anyway, nothing I had was just right for the box so I made one from 2 pieces of card - which I printed out myself.  I used the same pattern as had been used inside the album to tie it all together.

The album itself was made using Spellbinders Labels 8 - the largest die of the set.  I printed the papers out myself - all one sided then mixed and matched then 2 pieces were glued back to back for strength.  The covers had an extra cardboard layer in them as they also sandwiched the gold coloured grossgrain ribbon in.

Anyway, I made the box by measuring the dimensions of the die, and the depth of the finished album.

I printed both sides of the paper so that it was patterned on the inside too.



I reinforced the sides with extra panels then put a velco fastener on the flap of the lid.  The flower on the front was made by using one of my Marianne D Createable die.  I'm quite happy with the box.  I did actually make a practice one before with cheap paper and tweaked the template before making the final box and only secured the practive one with paperclips so I could keep adjusting.

Then, I made another box for a gift I'd bought her.  This time the box was from one of those massive K&Co pads with die cut boxes in that you merely glue together and decorate.


The silver butterfly is from stash, which i've had for ages.

A close up of the tag


Both boxes together


Hope you enjoyed the post and like the album and boxes as much as I did making them.  There was something quite satisfying about making these and its made me want to make more...

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

16 comments:

  1. Love this album and the boxes. Yes I save boxes for templates Paula and for forming bags around!When space gets limited just have to get rid of some.Have you seen the video on making a teeny pizza box on the Crafts Beautiful Website? It is so cute. Been doing a bit of catching up lately and although I don't buy the mag I joined the website and like to check out those videos every so often. Love BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The album is wonderful and the boxes are so clever. No, YOU'RE so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy! Love the album and the boxes! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula what a wonderful keepsake, you have been busy and what a brilliant idea using the boxes as templates. You are going to miss all this when you go back to work.
    Thank you for yesterday's award.
    Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula
    Hope you are well, absolutely stunning it is a gorgeous keepsake one def to cherish, you are so good at these boxes, really stunning work.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a supa dupa gift so well crafted - absolutely brill! You are the boxing Queen! Hope you are feeling much better this week. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HAVE been busy. Stunning results, I love the boxes.

    xxPaulaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOWSERS these are so perfect, what an amazing job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula, that is a beautiful album! Ther eis an award for you on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous is that! Brilliant gift Paula, she'll be dead chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, the book and it's box look wonderful, what a fab gift and memento. The other box and tag look great too. I've got a stash of might-come-in-useful-one-day boxes too

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fab hon. I love 3d project (hence why I have a shelf full; can't bear 2 part with them) hugs pamxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous album Paula, and fabulous boxes :) You're getting far too clever hehe
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS Paula. I love it. You are so clever to make a box as well. Looks like you had lots of fun making this & what a wonderful keepsake.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Paula this is gorgeous my lovely! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I love mini books and this is a beautiful one. The story that it tells is wonderful too and Im sure it will be treasured.

    I also end up having to make boxes to put my little creations in and as such I have a little supply of boxes and lids that werent quite the perfect fit!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails