Friday, 28 May 2010

Get Well Soon WIPSO

Poor Annie has a poorly eye and was feeling pretty rubbish when I last spoke to her Wednesday night and Thursday morning, so I made her a little card and put loads of hugs inside the envelope... all she has to do is waft it about to make sure all the hugs come out and get to her.

I was kindly sent some images of poorly HM by our blogging friend Brenda Butler - who's on a grand tour of the UK at the moment visiting family.  I've missed her blog posts.

Anyway, this is the card I did for Annie.  She's all wrapped as snug as a bug in the softest of fleece blankets, while Jo (Twiglet) gives her some get well soon medicine - made with special ingredients - love, hugs and kisses and a great big measure of TLC....


All background papers are from a collection I downloaded for free from Summer Driggs - a collection called 'Owl always love spring' - apart from the pink paper that I have punched with an MS border - which is from the Pink Petticoat CD collection called 'just an old fashioned girl' (some really gorgeous papers on that CD).

Image (coloured with promarkers) and sentiment (computer generated) both cut using nesties labels 4.  The flower in the top right is made using a Marianne Design Creatables flower die - set LR0110.  I have all three of the flower sets but tend to use this one.  The two smalller flowers in the centre of the large flower are punches. Gem finishes it off. More gems on the bottom on the border to finish off - all from stash.  All distressing on the elements of the card has been done using the Versamagic Dew Drop Chalk Inks.  The base card is A6 in size and is cream hammered card stock.

I knew exactly what I was going to do when I got my mind to it... the layout evolved (again) - but the image was a defo...  I really should start looking at layouts and sketches - would make life so much easier.

Anyway - hope my little card brings a happy smile to Annie and that she is feeling a bit better soon.  Big hugs Annie, my special friend!!!

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

18 comments:

  1. aw such a pretty card, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card, how could she fail to feel better after getting that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great image for Annie, hope you are keeping well, Im coming back later to read the post below, Have to dash out so I will have a good read when I get back.
    Hugs
    Christine x
    Hope you liked your email this morning and hopefully scrolled down the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula have left an award for you on my blog.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutly loved the card thanks Paula. You are so thoughtful. It really made me smile and thankfully my eye is now feeling a little better. I guess the 4 days off from my sewing I'm having over the weekend will help.
    Thanks again,
    Big hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Paula. I'm sure she will like it! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love house mouse images! Cute card! I hope Annie is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats gorgeous Paula. Although I did get a bit dizzy stood on top of the medicine bottle.lol.
    Have a fab weekend - sleep lots, work little!! x x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Paula :) Hope Annie's eye is better soon - gonna pop over and leave a message on her blog.
    Hugs Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Paula, and sometimes a handmade card can be as good as a shot of medicine - it's that feeling of knowing that someone really cares.

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Paula, it sure seems to have done the trick as she appears to be on the mend!

    Beautiful papers, its lovely find another of Summer's fans! She gives out totally amazing sets doesnt she!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah what a lovely image and perfect for the occassion! I love your background papers, your punches and your colouring is excellent! Have a lovely weekend! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwww, too cute paula, i love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card. Perfect image for it. Love House Mouse.

    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card. The eyedropper is precious. Glad you are with us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you around at some of the other challenges too. Amazing how many of us have gotten into crafting when dealing with an extended illness. Mine was a series of blood clots in my lungs 5 yrs ago. Papercrafting is so much cheaper than therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paula, there is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paula

    Such a fab card, i love it!! BTW i'm following your blog now i love your blog its brill

    Take care

    Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful choice... and that drop of medicine is the best cure of all... you really now how to care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails