Monday, 10 May 2010

Butterfly card


This is a card I designed yesterday on My Craft Studio for my friends Daughter.  The saying on the front is completely made up by me (you may use it but credit it back to me please).
I used a quicky glue pen on the fancy squirly black bits and added sparkly black glitter for dramatic effect.  Added some black and white flat back pearls to the pattern and some randon pink and clear gems.  I then glittered up the butterflies and some of the swirly pattern with holographic glitter - which may not have picked up very well on the pic.  Finished off with some gorgeous organza and satin black ribbon attached with a glue dot or two!!

I designed this as it required very little physical effort - but wanted it to pop off the mantlepiece (so to speak)...  I think it was well received by my friends 10 year old daughter who loves butterflies.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again. hugs, Paula x x x

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Paula.xx The colours are great & I do love your sentiment. A wonderful keepsake for your daughter's friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! That sentiment is great! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sentiment is cool, I'm impressed (because I don't come up with things like that.. :) ). Good to see you getting back into your paper again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Paula, glad you are able to craft again

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that sentiment ... that should be a stamp!!!! A great card too ... very elegant and I am sure it will lighten any mantel piece ... I hope you are resting in between crafting XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get you - job at Hallmark in the offing, perchance? Great card - great to see you're crafting with low energy....taking it easy aren't you...aren't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Paula the black really stands out.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card and sentiment - hope you are feeling better. Its good to see you crafting again - nothing to physical tho!!! Don't get wrestling with your cuttlebug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh very nice sentiment and very pretty card, I am sure she will love it! Im glad you are able to craft a little bit and hope you are resting lots in between! Lots of Love Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and the sentiment Paula. Hope you are resting too inbetween! Love Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the colours and the sentiment is lovely :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sentiment and the card is beautiful!

    Nice to see you are back creating but I hope you are g it easy!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops!! that should say "taking it easy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paula, I am so glad you are getting better and back, just take it slowly. Those words are beautiful!

    Love
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails