I received this award from my friend Cheryl whose blog is called Cheryls Window- across the pond in 'the Sunshine State' of Florida. Cheryl and I have become friends through - where else - WOYWW. We began to e-mail each other by asking and answering things about things on our desks and talking about a big conference for WOYWWers - and I said we should do satellite links for our blogging friends abroad. Anyway, this led to Cheryl and I hooking up on SKYPE and conversing via the webcam a few weeks ago - and the rest as they say, is history.
Anyway, Cheryl was awarded this award and the rules said that she had to pass it on to 10 bloggers... as it happened she only passed it on to 6 - and guess what - one of those 6 were little old me!!! Imagine that... of all the people Cheryl must know, she chose me as one of her people. To say I am flattered and honoured would be an understatement... So thank you so much Cheryl... I accept with thanks. It still amazes me that I get chosen for awards like this - I started blogging without knowing a single other person who blogged - and didn't know that it was as popular as it was, and that was less than 6 months ago... I've received a fair few of these awards and am so flattered, honoured, humbled etc. I didn't expect that I'd have made so many wonderful friends through this blogging lark - around the world, never mind the four corners of the UK...
Anyway, what I have to do now is say where I want to be in ten years from now - and then pass on to 10 other bloggers.
Hmmm - where do I want to be in 10 years time... well, I'd like to be healthy and alive mainly!!! I want to have invented the crafting item crafters never knew they couldn't live without, I want to be fulfilled in my career but most of all I want to be happy and in as much love as ever with my darling husband who is just the best. If you have love in your life, if you have friends, clothes on your back and food on the table (it means you've not cleaned it properly) no seriously - if you have these basic needs met - everything else is a bonus.
Here are the 10 people I want to pass this onto...
- WIPSO - I think it goes without saying why Annie would be first on my list - plus her creations just improve and get better and her dumfed piccies are the best now she has her wedding shop where she works very hard with...:
- TWIGLET - Jo is just everybit as caring and loving as Annie - and is soooo talented at making her dumfed birds - these NEED to end up in the right place and make her a very rich and famous woman
- Julia Dunnit - Her brainchild WOYWW is the very reason most of us have discovered our friends out there in blog land - she always leaves very encouraging feedback on our blogs but works really hard to visit each and everyone who takes part in her cult each Wednesday - a bit committment and no mean feat. She's also very opinionated and posts the most fabulous insights on crafting life (she should have her own column somewhere)
- Linda Elbourne - talented and funny and a Lord Holtz groupie - Linda also leaves lots of encouraging comments - but has me laughing everytime I read her posts... and measures units of time in sleeps!!!
- Kathleen - Kathleen is relatively new blogger and has really come into her own and got stuck in by joining in the WOYWW madness - I first 'met' Kathleen on the Craftrak site and set up her blog despite telling me she wouldn't know where to start. She now has a lovely blog called The Daisy Chain, and makes lovely cards which she of course posts there - go and check out her blog
- Alison - who is another newbie(ish) blogger has some lovely projects and cards on her blog and is looking to make lots of blogging friends - please check her blog out and say hello - she doesn't know too many people at the moment - and I know that I was there once...
- Sarita - Makes THE most lovely, elegant, sophisticated cards and is a talented artist... recently she has been drawing her own images which she is thinking of turning into rubber stamps - check out her work and leave her a comment of encouragement - she really needs to go for it... Stunning!!!
- Ramona - As well as being a talended stamper - Ramona shares the most gorgeous pictures of her cats - Tsunami and Legend - check them out they are handsome pussies... that deserves an award in my eyes.
- Kathy - Kathy is on a couple of design teams and makes cards that are right up my street - plus she makes stunning handmade paper shabby chic flowers which inspired me into making my recent gift to my friend.
- Nicki - or little ted as you may know her is a lovely blogger and has some really great stuff on her blog - she has become involved in WOYWW and has become another blogging friend.
Now - i'll fess up a little and admit that this post has been in draft in dashboard for a couple of weeks now... and i've been either not blogging too much, or too busy with those wedding things that I thought i'd leave it there until I had some unpressured time to blog it. Well, since I received this and drafted this post - I've received a few more awards - yeh - me??!!! (Thats what I thought)!!!
Here are others i've received and have been saving:
Here are others i've received and have been saving:
In April, Ann-Maree of Emu Creations /Emu up a gum tree (cool name huh?) 'tagged me.. I have to tell you 10 things that I love and 5 pieces of Trivia all about myself...then afterwards I have to forward this onto 5 blogging friends...
Here's the trivia
1 I once stopped the car on a rural lane to pick up a bat that was on the floor (in broad daylight) to stop it from getting squished... then it bit me. Someone then told me it could have had rabies!!! - that's the gratitude you get from bats!
2 I terrorise my kids... when the youngest has nipped downstairs, I nip upstairs and talk to his friends on xbox live and tell them he's (doing something embarrasing)!!! When my eldest goes for his driving lesson - if he's been lippy, I stand at the window and wave until he pulled off - but before he gets in the car and while his instructor is getting into the passenger side - I fling the lounge window open and shout "mind how you go, enjoy yourself but don't go too fast and check your mirrors" - he HATES it!!! GOOD!!!
3 I once bit a hole in my bedroom curtains through temper at my grandmother (she hated me) and blamed it on to my baby brother... (I think my Mum knows this now as it was about 30 years ago... and its not like she's going to ground me LOL!!!
4 I once backed on to my drive (at my last address) and forgot we'd had a skip delivered... yep - I backed straight into it - then blamed my husband for being tight and ordering the smallest skip - and me not being able to see it in the rear view mirror - He had to hire another skip because... guess what... the last one was too small - I rest my case!!! LOL.
5 We used to have pet rats called Rita, Emily and Ronnie... (all girls I might add)!!! and one of them bit Dylan on the end of the nose when he stuck it right between the bars of the cage.
Here are the people I wish to pass this onto:
1 Tracey - Handmade with love
2 Anne - Liverpool Lou
3 Pat - Pats Blog
4 Gez - Gezzy B's Crafty Bits
5 Pam - Pams Space
Last week, Darcy, and then today Helen awarded me with the Creative Blogger Award... so, here are the rules for this one:
1 Express gratitude to the blogger(s) who
2 Display the picture on your blog proudly - here you go:
3 Be nice and provide a link to the person (people) who gave it to you
Darcey at Art and Sole AND Helen over at Stamping by H
4 Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
5 Nominate seven creative writers who might be into doing this.
6 Post links to the seven blogs you nominate and let the owners of those blogs know.
So here are my Lies & Truths...
1 I am 24
2 I am 39
3 I am a size 10
4 I write really short blog posts
5 I speak fluent Spanish
6 I can't count to 20 without taking my socks and shoes off
The five people I think might be up for doing this are (without repeating anyone that Helen or Darcy got, or who the people they got, got (If you're still with me), this is going to be hard, so - i'm going to decline on this ocassion - but if you are reading this - please please help yourself to the award cos I think you are all awesome and tell us some lies or facts about yourself - of course in the above list - there is only one lie about me!!! LOL LOL!!!!
Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again. hugs, Paula x x x