Wednesday, 14 April 2010

WOYWW - 14th April

Hello WOYWWers - hope you're having a great day and have enjoyed the sunshine of the last few days... doesn't it put a spring in your step?!

Here's the desk today

This is actually, believe it or not, a bit tidier than it was yesterday and previous days...  I got fed up with only having an inch square to craft in so had yet another move about.

Anyway, on the wall you can see a lovely clock that wasn't altered, but was decorated by our esteemed leader Julia Dunnitt - what a lovely surprise that was...



then yesterday I received a box of goodies from the darling Susie Sugar - dies cuts, brads, gems, stamped images... I am so overwhelmed by everyones kindness - and I know I keep saying it but its true - all you lovely people out there have spoiled me rotten and I really can't thank you enough - you all know who you are... I will be collecting addy's so that I can send you a little card out now I can manage to do a little more crafting... oh yes my friends, i'm trying to do a few bits of crafting - nothing too fandangled but a little something so, if I haven't already got it, I would be most grateful for your address (which will never be passed on by me personally) - please send me a private e-mail - my address, if you don't have it is under my title bar somewhere!


So, new stash... I've had delivery of some new nestabilities - ovals and scalloped ovals, a leaf punch and some Craftrak cards.  I had a larger delivery of some stuff the other day but it was all for my darling God Daughter who, to my delight, has started crafting - she was 8 last Thursday so I got to indulge and bought her lots of things for her stash and girly things so she could make her friends some scrummy cards.  I printed her some 'handmade by Jess' labels out too so she can pop them on the back of her handmade cards... bless her.
I just have a couple of Martha Stewart punches on order at the mo - so looking forward to receiving those.

As for me, I'm much more mobile, on less painkillers and more frustrated than ever that I can't do things like lift or carry anything for long with my left hand.  I've managed to wash my hair with two hands though and the best thing of all is that i've actually had my hair done by my stylist sister-in-law... the last time I had it done was before Christmas.  I had to cancel my appointment i'd made for 7th January as I had the start of the chest infection that led me to finding out about the tumor - since then, i've put off having it done as I wasn't sure whether I'd have to have chemo (wasn't paying all that money if I was going to lose my hair) LOL - then latterly, haven't been able to have it done because of the pain... so glad to say that the roots have gone - and with it the trailer park trash look (ROLF)... Back to looking half decent again.

One last thing - just to let you know, if you didn't already, that I spent an absolutely fantastic time with WIPSO on Friday when I delivered the mutilated body of yellow felted bear.  I also met Twiglet while there too.  They are such lovely people and made me, my OH and boys feel sooo welcome - infact, I felt like I'd know them for years and was extremely comfortable in their company - what lovely ladies.  I keep asking Julia to instigate a WOYWW conference (for want of a better word) where a central location is chosen and we all meet up - are you up for it???

Right, I'm of to visit all my WOYWW buddies - if you want to join in the fun, pop over to Julia at the Stamping Ground and make this your starting point - if you want to show your desk - add yourself to Mr Linky then visit everyone in turn and try and leave everyone a comment.  I visited everyones desk and left a message last week - in fact I think I had more to visit and was still at it at the weekend...

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

50 comments:

  1. Hello Paula! So happy you are doing better! Good for you getting your hair done - I will do that on Friday!...Love the idea of the WOYWW conference but please tell me about it way in advance as coming to England is not so easy for some of us....still I will be visiting soon - end of April I will be there!
    So nice that you encourage your god daughter to be a crafter - it is such a lovely hobby! I wish my daughter would be interested but she isn't at the moment!
    Thinking of you a lot!
    Big hugs but light ones
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do keep asking me. Really do you think others will want to?
    So glad you're starting to get some brave movement back - hair washing, anything involving arms over the head - aaaggghhh, makes me wince just thinking of it! Your desk looks great and you get gifts because you give. Simples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my little friend. So lovely to see youre back crafting...but of course I knew you were cos you sent me such a lovely congrats Grandparents card [Thank you for being you]. You will be improving every day and finding more things you can achieve but don't be changing that bed again without help!!!
    Chat soon,
    Love and hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, a WOYWW meet sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im in! Glad you are improving but I hope you are not over doing it! Love the clock the Julia has made you and that you are crafting again. Good to hear your god daughter has the crafting bug too, now you can teach her all you know! lots of Love Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you are feeling up to a little bit of crafting now.
    Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you're feeling better, and well done on getting round all those desks -I am not sure if I made it! A WOYWW meet up counds fab...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula, so glad you're more mobile now and able to do some crafting. Love the clock and ooh what fabby stash :) Funny I asked Julia yesterday about arranging a get-together for us all; it would be great!
    Hugs Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I need to do my trailer-trash hair, too...LOL...and I don't even have an excuse - just LAZINESS.

    Love that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear you are starting to ache a little less, but don't forget still a way to go yet so you must take it easy, ok nag over!!!! I would love to have a meet, I should really make an effort to arrange to meet Julia as we only live 30 miles apart!!!

    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your desk looks a busy place. So nice to hear your daughter likes to craft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad the little yellow bear is on the road to recovery, along with yourself! You've got some stunning artwork alongside the gorgeous Julia clock too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to do a little crafting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you're feeling better Paula & getting crafty again! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see you getting back into the swing of things and that clock is FAB.
    Love that box of goodies - I'd rather have that than choccies and thats saying something!!!
    Take care babe
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's therapetic I'm sure to get to do at least a little bit of crafting, good to hear that you're on the mend. It's hard to take things slowly when you want to jump right back into what you left off, but doing a little bit at a time is best. Getting your hair done is a treat, and it also rejuvenates you a bit too. That's so nice of everyone to be sending you such sweet gifts too; when you have something in common like crafting, it overflows into friendships. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paula, you are doing brilliantly! So pleased you got to meet your pal Wipso, and I think a WOYWW conference would be a wow. I'm coming over to Chesterfield by coach on the 25th April to a County Bowls Match at Boythorpe Bowling Club - anywhere near you? ikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow lovely gifts - i love the clock!!!! i'm glad you're feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to here you are improving but remember little steps not big ones!!!
    Can't wait to see what you do with your new goodies..Take care.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Paula, I have not visited your WOYWW before but I'm glad I dropped by today. Sorry to hear you have not been well but good news that you are doing a lot better now. Also so nice to hear peeps have been sending you goodies and best wishes, it makes your realise what a nice crafting bunch we all are LOL. Hope you continue to improve. My best to you Tracy Evans x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry my desk made yoou dizzy! Had a look myself and see what you mean. Glad you are feeling a bit better. What is the mug tree going to be for - apart from mugs! I'd be up for a WOWW conference too. Love your new clock and glad you got the things from Susie.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paula so glad you are blogging and crafting again and obviously a bit more comfortable. I must say I didn't notice the trailer trash look - but roots? -hey we swinging chicks are allowed to show our roots occasionally!! I am emailing you with my mermaid pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You sound so fun loving!

    Great goodies there, Have a great Week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Am so glad you are feeling better xx

    Your God daughter will love the stash you have gor her.

    As for a WOYWDW meet up what an amazing idea I would certainly be upi fpr it xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. aaawww! I'd love a meeting like that but I'm in the wrong country =(

    ReplyDelete
  26. glad to hear you're improving and that you are managing to do some crafting

    ReplyDelete
  27. So glad you're improving each day Paula and that you're able to do some crafting. Your desk looks so bright and light and airy, what a fab place to create in.
    I'd love to meet up with people too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. So glad you're feeling a lot better, I'm sure crafting will soooon have you on the bend, ( afew sticky dots will do you the world of good!)but don't over do it! Desk looks really tidy. So far, no one's mentioned my other 'code' yet, just my cold tea!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya Paula - so glad to hear that you felt well enought to venture out and go visiting!! Can't imagine that you could have chosen anywhere nicer than the dumfing ladies!! I spy two of their gorgeous works on your wall and what a super clock from JD!! Take care, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  30. HI paula

    I am so glad you are feeling better and having your hair done always makes you feel better!

    You are like me spoiling my 8 yr old daughter with crafting stuff as she too loves to join me in the craft room and play!!!

    Have fun with your stash :)

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Paula

    beautiful clock :O) what a lovely surprise. enjoy your lovely new stash

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Glad to hear you're on the mend Paula. Love all the stash.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Paula
    I am so pleased your feeling better, your desk isnt too bad, love the clock and the stash susie sent you, you are gonna have great fun playing with that, decorating finished tidy up tomorrow, absolutely shattered. The shoe is a freebie from OH la la blog challenge, if you go into the shop and look for freebies, there is a new one there and it is stunning too.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi paula its great to hear your doing a little better each day. us woyww'ers will help get you thru it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your clock , I hope it gives you lots of time to craft I could do with a few extra hours each day I always want to turn the clock back 2 hours at bed time !! he he
    Hope you're feeling a little better
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. so glad to hear you are doing better each day.
    New nesties!! I love my CB & spellbinders!
    WOYWW conference! what a great idea - I always wanted an excuse to visit the UK ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the clock JD made ...so glad youcan reduce the pain killers ..Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for popping by my blog hun :) Your desk looks rather organised and that new stash you got sent looks yummy! Enjoy playing with it! Happy Crafting! xxx P.S. I love that clock J had made for you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't know you were poorly this is my 1st visit so get well hun. I love yr room also very light and the lovely picks to the left of yr new clock very pretty thanx for stoppin by mine I do hope yr God daughter get very much into the crafting and with some one like you to encourage her I am sure she will be a long lasting crafter

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Even though this is my first time to your blog, I am glad to read that you are on the mend. I know it is frustrating at times, but at least things are starting to go your way.

    You have so many things to play with. I wouldn't know where to begin.

    Sorry I'm so late visiting, and on my first ever WOYWW. Unexpected company interrupted my computer time today. Keep mending and getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  41. lovely tidy desk, delighted to hear you are feeling a bit better, hope you get a chance to sit and play with your new goodies, {{hugs}}mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is my first visit to your blog but I wish I'd found you sooner, You sound so much fun. Glad you are feeling a bit better, good luck and (see) you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Glad to hear you are on the mend and more mobile but take care not to do too much. Lovely stash and your desk is tidy too, take care.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Sweetie- So glad to hear that you're becoming more mobile but please take it easy as the others have suggested, you don't want to take a step forward and two steps back do you? Lots of lovely new goodies for you to play with I see and such a great present from Julia. Will send you an email and catch up with you ok?

    Hugs
    Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sorry to be late visiting, better late than never. Love that art work on your wall, the poppies are fantastic. Been out with Patscraft today and she's been telling me all about your bears. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your workspace looks so bright and sunny!

    A conference sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  47. So glad your feeling better and able to have a little play with your stash, wont be long b4 your messing up the place good and proper :)
    And yes i have totally enjoyed the sun as i've been off work all week :) hope you have too, roll on the summer

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm so glad you're on the mend and starting to get enough energy to at least play in your stash. Keep getting better. We may have to have two WOYWW meetings - one on each side of the ocean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Looks as if you have been busy! Loved rummaging your desk as well as your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails