Sunday, 18 April 2010

Hello My Little Cupcake!

Sorry - but this is not a term of endearment for my readers - I am infact referring to some cards that I've been making and JUST LOVE... the colours, images and patterns.  I've made a few over the last few days using this one design set.

These are a couple of 6x6 tent cards.  The image was printed out from an A4 image sheet - there were 6 images to a sheet.  Here i've used slightly different sized scollop circle nesties. On the sheet - the coloured band around the image is deep enough to use these different size nesties.  There are two pink, two blue and two red.  I just LOVE the polka dot paper.


Here's a closer look at one of the cards:

 
The band across the middle was made by printing a sheet of cupcakes design paper out then trimming into borders width ways.

Here is a birthday card made for a friend from the design set:
Front:


I have cut these out with nestie ovals and scolloped ovals.  The sentiment is from the flower fairies collection from crafters companion.

Inside:


I printed on both sides of this paper to add a touch of luxury to it - although you can't see the pattern on the back it the same colour with the dots closer together.  The blue flowers are mulberry prima flowers and the pink ones were white but coloured pink with my versa magic chalk ink (pixi dust).  

Next are some A7 sized cards I made - the same cute size as the craftrak cards I made - I'm loving this size card and have made quite a few cards now in this size.  Here are two anyway:


Here are some little tags made with some scraps of the paper from the same design set:


And here is a thank you card made with the same papers:


I love this colour scheme and don't think I will tire of it just yet.

Now - I can hear you shouting at the computer screen - "but Paula, where's it from?"... LOL
well, it's from the Kirsty Wiseman CD called "Colour Burst of Fanciful Things".  The design set is called Tea Party and comes in three colours ways - the one i've used here is called Pinky Blue, there is also Strawberry Lime which is pink and green colour tones and Purply Cool - purple and green.  There are lots of images including tea pots and cupcakes in the Tea Party design sets but throughout the whole CD there are many fantastic images, design papers and sentiments.

Julia, over on the Stamping Ground spoke in her last blog post of how she wanted to use up some of the lovely design papers she buys and many people commented about buying two or three of each - one to use and two to keep and look at... Imagine if i'd have bought the design paper I would soooo not have made that many cards because I would have kept it to look at it - and with my ink system and card - i don't mind printing it out again and again...

Just one last thing before I go - I've been speaking to one of our new crafting friends from over the pond - Cher (Cheryl) of Cheryl's Window, who has recently joined in WOYWW.  How cool is that.  It started from a comment about having a conference for WOYWWers and she mentioned about overseas participants... well, one e-mail led to another and then we managed to hook up to SKYPE.  This morning I bought a webcam (made sure I'd done my hair first LOL) and made contact again - this time she saw me - double chin and all... not long after that, Annie (WIPSO) and I got on the old SKYPE and have had a right good laugh.

If you want to get in touch on skype - email me (address at top of this blog) and we'll hook up... you'll even get treated to a live look at my desk and perhaps be subjected to Dylan or a member of my family =/ - now, what more could you ask for? 

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

9 comments:

  1. Hi Paula
    OMG you've been busy they are just gorgeous they have made me hungry, good job dinner is ready.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards Paula! I love them!

    I used to just buy 1 of everything, but found I wanted more, so I bought 2 of everything in my last paper order lol.

    Skype sounds fun, I haven't got a webcam. But I did a video once of my craftroom, not sure if you've seen it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these cards are gorgeous,love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh beautiful cards Paula, love them all, and love the colours :) I particularly love the cakestand; fab! I love polka dot paper it's so versatile :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgous cards Paula, the colours are so fresh too,I will have to look out for this cd! I have skype so will hook up with you sometime. I will have to remember how to use it first! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors of those cards, and the cupcakes are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gourgeous cupcakes and yes I will be hooking up with you on Skype - we will need to arrange a "date" though! Can't wait to see you live! Ha, ha don't run away once you see my old face and yes double chin! The face is old but I am kind! *flapping with my eyes now*
    Hugs
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm mmm, good enough to eat! Can you tell it's almost lunch time???

    Brenda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails