Saturday, 17 April 2010

A handbag????

Have any of you ever read the Oscar Wilde play "The Importance of Being Ernest"?  

The title of this post always reminds me of when I did O Level English Literature - and this 'catchphrase' this is one of the things that most sticks in my mind when they discovered that Ernest was found in a handbag.  The other stories we had to study were - "Cider With Rosie", "Of Mice and Men" and "Through the Tunnel"... Needless to say - I hated English Lit (LOL)... I probably would do better at it now - I enjoyed English itself - I was singled out for always producing long imaginative stories - somethings never change - I just never knew (know) when to stop tee hee....

Anyway - this card is the reason for the title of this blog post:


This was just a simple card I made for a colleague who's birthday it was last week - she's a bit of a handbag collector - she buys a lot of the Cathy Van-Zealand ones from QVC!!!  Her present was a really blingy lipstick holder with a rhinestone crown motif on - perfect to go in any of her handbags.

The papers were from a digi kit I bought through Pollycraft Designs - I think it is a Creative Cottage kit.  Some fab papers and images of handbags and shoes...  I created the card and sentiment through the My Craft Studio graphics programme.  I created an insert using the same papers and a line of shoes and the inside read... "or too many shoes, but a lady may chose to lose count of the birthdays she's had"

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Paula
    Thanks for the smile, another lovely card she will love it.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you back crafting again :-)
    As always a beautiful card and really love the cute teddy on the cards in blog below :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phrase 'A Handbag' does it for me too! I have to say it in that certain imperious voice too!
    Yours is a great one!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Paula, love the colours :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that handbag card, and so true!

    I do remember all those books you mentioned, I took advance literature cos I loved it! But its been a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be the best designer handbag your friend will own - very exclusive!!

    Good to see your feeling better.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I think I might use the sentiment on one for M's 30th! She was showing off another new bag she bought for her birthday bash yesterday! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love The Importance of Being Earnest...I have seen it so many times...(play, TV and film and read it at school ....and I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula, hope you're doing ok. Great card - and yep the "a handbag????" is just one of those quotes you never forget. As is the one that I can never get out of my head because I'm "Charlie's Aunt! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Paula, and a beautiful play - I adore "The Importance of Being Earnest"!!!

    Thanks for reminding me to read it again.

    Best,

    Marija

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails