Saturday, 6 March 2010

Paper Roses

Just  a quick post to show you some more paper roses (obsessive/addictive - not sure which!!!)

 

Believe it or not, both these roses started off the same colour but were distressed using different colour DI's.  One on left - Vintage Photo and one on right - Black Soot.  The paper was printed from Pink Petticoat CD "Old Fashioned Girl" - which I printed on both sides.  One on the right is now on a card which I will share with you later - when on the card I dusted with Ranger Perfect Pearls - Heirloom Gold - looks luxurious...

I made the following 'bunch' (pardon the pun) yesterday:




The red(ish) ones were made out of handmade mulberry paper and the green ones were originally a creamy colour with a gold shimmer.  I screwed them up after I had cut them out then straightened them and covered with DI 'Peeled Paint'.  The shimmer still shows through making them look opulent.  The scrolly things at the front were cut from the same paper - so you can see what colour they started out as... these were cut using my new Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Doodleparts.  I think they will come in useful to add that certain 'je ne sais quoi' to cards and projects (get me speaking French) - tres bien!!!

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

9 comments:

  1. These are absolutely GORGEOUS! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the colours you've used with these ones Paula.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Paula.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula
    stunning flowers love the colours, its great when you can punch out your own shapes.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses ... such lovely colours X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the paper roses :) I so do not have the patience to sit and make stuff like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again! There is an award for you on my blog.
    Hugs Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roses are beautiful as always :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Absolutley Gorgeous!!

    I really need to have a try at making some too, but I know mine will look pants compared to yours. Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails