Monday, 1 March 2010

Hospital Update and a CT Scan Pic!!!

Hi folks, I promised to update you so here we are.

I just got back from meeting with the thoracic surgeon - (who was very charming!!).

He went through a few things with me but not before asking me how I was.  When I told him I had been suffering with some pain and discomfort, he said that he wasn't surprised.  He and his colleague had just been saying before I entered the room that he wouldn't be surprised if I was.

Anyway, he is happy to operate to remove the tumor and still felt that it was benign.  Obviously it will go to the lab on removal for tests.

Here is a pic that he let me take on my mobile.  You have to imagine that you are looking at a cross section of my chest (which you are because its a CT scan pic).  You are looking from my feet upwards so the right of the picture is actually my left lung.



You can see that the tumour is on the right hand side of the pic  - just above where the cursor is (the round blob).  The cursor is actually over my rib - where the tumor is also growing.

He can't get me in next week for the op (good as it's my Birthday on the 11th which I share with my eldest son!!!) so i'll be going week after for a pre-op, then the operation will take place the week after that at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.

He said he wasn't sure whether he'd have to remove part of my lung, my chest wall, and some of my rib but he will be removing the nerve - I am to expect some numbness on my left hand side afterwards though.  I should be in hospital for about 3 days.

I feel so much better knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!  In the meantime, I'll carry on with the tramadol!

Hope the picture hasn't freaked you out too much!!!

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

12 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. So glad they have decided to remove it soon for you. No wonder you have had so much pain and discomfort. Here's to a successful op and a really speedy recovery for you.
    Big hugs.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula
    That is good news, bet you are relieved, you will have to send me your addy, have been thinking of you and hoping it was good news, have you popped over too Get Funky challenge.
    speak later
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula so glad to hear that they are going to operate. Hopefully it will be a quick recovery. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that photo is amazingly freakish and incredibly interesting at the same time. I'm so glad there's now a plan in place so you know what they can do and when, and it's great that you like the surgeon too, hope he's dishy!! Please email me your address too would you? Hope you're feeling better now, at least it won't be for much longer.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't freak me out but my word, sure goes to show why you're in pain..you poor thing. So glad that it feels likeit's geting sorted..couple more weeks and ther'll be no stopping you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear they can do something to help you. Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is good news, its so much better to know what your dealing with and what needs to be done to get it sorted and in a few weeks, once your op is over and the pain is gone you can start feeling 'normal' again and sometimes when you are poorly its hard to remember what that feels like! Sending you lots of love. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Paula, I hope everything will be well after the surgery. Sending you my best wishes for speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula,
    I'm glad you won't be in hospital for your birthday.
    I wish you a quick and successful operation and a very speedy recovery.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes Paula for a successful operation and a very speedy recovery.
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope all goes well Paula, that you have a succesful operation and an excellant recovery - best wishes coming to you all the way from Slovenia!
    Hugs xxx
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails