Sunday, 14 March 2010

Finishes Opulent Card!!!

I made a card the other day but was undecided about the recipient or sentiment... well, it came in perfect for my Cousin.  She is godmother to both the boys so here is the card again, finished off.

Front view:
 Inside view:


Sentiments made on PC and cut with nesties labels.  Distress inks - 'Black Soot and Antique Linen' used.

The spotty candle I did a few days ago was also for my Cousin - I went on to make a box for it, using only a ruler and scoring tool to make the template - i simply measured the height of the candle, then the diameter of the candle which became the width of each of the 4 sides of the box.  On the fourth panel, after scoring, I left a flap on to glue inside the first panel when constructed - it was easier than it sounds.  

Anyway, here is the result:


The DP which I used to cover the box with, is from the Pink Petticoat 'Just an Old Fashioned Girl'.  I learned a lot from this project on how I would do it different to make it easier... i.e. I would decorate the box once constructed rather than decorate it while it was flat as, while I also scored the DP paper - it wasn't as easy to do it this way.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are always such a work of art. They must take you hours. Brilliant.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Paula and I love the gift box that you have made for the candle its really pretty! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on this box - love the way you have done the lid.
    Hugs
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ...you have been busy ...love the cards and candles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Paula. Your card looks so classy in those colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and gift Paula :) I know what you mean about decorating the box after construction but I'd probably forget and still do it the hard way LOL
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely, Paula. You have such a talent for arranging bits and pieces to make something whole and meaningful.
    Thanks again for posting that tutorial on paper rose making - I can't stop making roses :)
    All the best!!!
    xxx

    - Marija

    ReplyDelete
  8. two brill projects - lovely work and a joy to receive. ikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails