Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Birds, Birds, Birds - and more birds!!!

Here are some cards I made Monday night when I didn't go to bed.  

Card One:


Card two:


Both card one and two are made with delish papers from my new CD purchased from Pink Petticote - the CD is called 'Just an old fashioned girl' - I think I saw something on Tracey's blog (Handmade with Love) and loved the paper - which was from this CD so knew I NEEDED it!!!  

The owl image is a digi (or called - no stamp required) image from My Craft Studio - 'Wings and Things' - coloured with promarkers.  I printed out on glossy photo paper and don't think it was very easy to get a good finish on this surface with promarkers.  Flowers are from that great big amount purchased from QVC the other week, but the black flowers have been punched by me as there were no black flower include.

Card three is also made with the same papers and the digi image again is from My Craft Studio as before.

 

The branch that the birds are sitting on was cut by me freehand then chalked with my new momento chalk inks to add definition.  I added the silver sequin leaves on the end of the branches as an afterthought - i've had these in my stash ages.  The birds are actually the same image but the right one was resized then 'flipped' to make it look like they are talking (how 'tweet')!!!  This is for a colleague who, I've recently found out, has had a minor stroke and off work at the moment.  Hope she's ok with the sentiment!!

Next card is for a male colleague - used the owl image again.  This time the paper is My Craft Studio too.  This time i've used the negative from the cut out branch (on the above card) and used it as a stencil and chalked the ink, then gone round with promarkers to add some definition:


I printed loads of the owl images off but may give some to my Mum and sister to ensure I don't 'overkill' it!!!!

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paula
    These are fantastic, but my fav is the last one love the green it really stands out, and the background paper really stands out as well
    love it, great sentiment in the 3rd one hopefully she will see the funny side, Im sure she will.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owls! You're a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a lot of card making you've had. Really loe the owls :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey you have been busy! I must have a look into this my craft studio, these cards are fantastic! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails