Saturday, 6 March 2010

An Award - How Fantastic!!

 

I just received this award from a kind blogging friend Lynn (Crafty Linby) who had received it from Anne (Liverpool Lou).  Both are friends made through the shinanigans that is WOYWW lead by the wonderfully opinionated, doesn't like 'altering' things but loves her iPhone Julia at her blog 'Stamping Gound'

In order to be true to the rules of accepting this award, I have to do the following:
  1. List 10 things that make me happy
  2. Give you 5 pieces of trivia about me (ooh can I really publish this stuff)
  3. Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers
Anyway, without further ado:
Here are the ten things that make me happy - so sorry if this is predictable - although it may change from time to time:
  1. Family
  2. My cats
  3. Making and getting to know new friends
  4. Nestabilities
  5. Being in my PJ's
  6. Achieving a new technique
  7. sharing a new or existing technique
  8. Helping my Mum craft and seeing her face when she's learned a new tip
  9. Sharing my Birthday with my son and the fact that this makes HIM feel special
  10. Sitting on the sofa with warm snuggly blankets on me and the cats getting on my knee
  11. Having a crafting haven
oops - that's eleven - just edited as I noticed after publishing that the number formating had gone wonky so renumbered and there were 11 - oh well....
    Oooh - now some drivel trivia about me - if you are easily offended/ judgemental/not open minded - look away now...
    1. I once got on to stage and jumped [with permission] on the lead singer from Shawaddywaddy (thinks thats how you spell it)
    2. I once kissed Bryan Robson, once captain of Manchester United and England (no tongues)
    3. Myself and a colleague once played a prank on another colleague which involved her ringing up MI5 and asking for Mr Twigg of the Special Branch - yeh, she fell for it and then we were [to put it mildly] worried that it would backfire and they'd trace the call back to our office - we said that we'd tell whoever called that we'd asked directory enquiries for MFI and they gave us the number for MI5 [have loads of stuff like that]
    4. I appeared on a TV programme called UK uncovered ('nuff said)
    5. I took my options at school with the intentions of becoming an actress
    These are the people I'm going to send this award to
    1. Firstly - it is my absolute pleasure to be able to award this to WIPSO - from 'A Stitch in Time' I've not had the chance before as she's usually been the one to give me the award!!!  Wipso has become a friend who is the most lovely, caring, supportive person who invented a word just so that she can do something called dumfing on her magic machine that turns bits of felt and thread and things in to works of art (quite literally)!
    2. Gez from 'GezzyB's Crafty Bits' - for her ability to create wonderful things from the top of a washing machine!
    3. Tracey from 'Handmade with Love' for her lovely e-mails, thoughfulness and kindness
    4. Marlene from 'Disguised as a Grownup' who has a WICKED sense of humour and a regular visitor and commentor on my bog (check her blog out!!!)
    5. Chrissie from 'Simply One of a Kind' for her stunning cards and knocking them out quicker and better than Hallmark
    6. And - while I know that this lady just gets an award every five minutes or so - and is probably more decorated than Manchester United BUT I need to award to the hormonal, opinionated, un-'altered', multi watch owning, blog addict and founder of Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) - a feature that has become a bit of a cult with a growing number of followers, and something that WOYWWer's measure the speed of each passing week by.  My award to her is in recognition of the fact that I've made lots of friends and contacts through WOYWW and whether Julia Dunnit of Stamping Ground 'wears' this badge or not doesn't worry me as I know she's inundated - I just want her to know that a heck of a lot of people are greatful - including 'lil old me!!! Thanks Julia.
    Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

    hugs,

    Paula
    x x x

    3 comments:

    1. I'm honored! Me likey AWARDS!!!!! Thanks, Paula!!! (Though you know I WILL be asking about that whole "UK uncovered" bit!)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations on your award Paula.xx

      I loved reading your answers. Aren't snuggly blankets just great. :) I had to smile at your twigg prank. Brilliant! Can I 2nd everything you said about Julia! as I am one of those who feel very grateful for having found some very special cyber friends through WOYWW.xx

      Thanks for thinking of me & my washer! ~blushes~ again!!

      Hope you have a lovely Sunday. Gez.xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. OMgee Paula, I'm actually blushing. Thank you. And it has to be said; obviously it's all MY pleasure! I will display with pride. Hugsxxx

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

    Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails