Thursday, 4 March 2010

Another card with Birds (humorous)

My Cousin (also Godmother to both my boys), is a couple of years older than me and celebrates her Birthday 2 days after me.  She has a really wicked sense of humour so I've made her the following card using more of those bird images - she'll really appreciate the sentiment:

 

The bird images are from My Craft Studio 'Wings and Things' and are the No Stamp Required images which I coloured with my promarkers.  The sentiment was made up by me (but I'm sure there is something similar somewhere else??) done on the PC and cut out with labels 4 nesties on my cuttlebug.  All DP papers are from the Pink Petticoat CD, flowers from my big box full of petaloo flowers bought the other week off QVC.  The pearl in the centre is from a cheap brooch from Primark which I took to bits (cheaper than buying all the gems and bits from a craft shop).  Distressing round card, sentiment and on flowers done with VersaMagic dewdrop chalk ink 'Spring Pansy' - bought from QVC on last weeks craft day.  Satin ribbon from stash.

If you're offended by the sentiment on the card - tough!!! Tee hee!

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Please come back again.

hugs,

Paula
x x x

9 comments:

  1. The card is lovely Paula!!! Great job. I love the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee!!!!! I love it!

    I have a stamp with a similar sentiment. It says the same thing about a bird coming by to tell me it was your birthday, and ends with, "so I ate it". (It's a cat). LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paula that is perfect. Love the humour ...whats to offend? ;-) Really love the birds but I think at least one should have been a robin :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Love the wide ribbon tied with narrow ribbon too - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment!
    Fab card and such lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards this week, the sentiment on this one is great. Love the ribbon idea, lol!!!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sentiment and as usual a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the unexpected sentiment with such a pretty card!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Paula, those birds are so cute and I love the sentiment, made me chuckle ;)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails