Monday, 1 February 2010

Weekend Shenanigans

This is an order of service card I have just put together for a sample for a friend who is getting married in May.  She mentioned tonight that she didn't know whether to have any or not - so me being me volunteered to put a couple of samples together - This is made using the colour scheme for the wedding (of course) which is white, silver and cerise pink.
The sentiment 'order of service' is computer generated and while the ink was still wet, I covered in melt dust then heated with my heat gun.  Despite the claims by C&C - it did work and I didn't use melt dust paper - I just told my printer that I had used textured card and it layed more ink down - which is the essential thing for meltdust to work as it clings to the wet ink.  The colour of the meltdust used it silver sparkle.

To enable my friend to look at various options - I have done the sentiment in different fonts then cut out with different shape nestability lables.  I have also done various mats using different embossing folders so she can chose the one she wants - the ones I've done are script, d'vinci swirls and swiss dots - I've also ordered a couple more tonight - love hearts, fleur de lys and the textile texture ones.

Here are some other cards I have done over the weekend:













This is a lili of the valley image coloured with promarkers and layered onto K&Co paper.  The flowers are prima and the brown one has been coloured with promarkers - it was originally yellow! I've put some 3-D clear gloss in the centre and dropped some glass beads in. Sentiment is computer generated in the 'boopee' font.













This is also a lili of the valley stamp - don't you just love it???  As before, coloured with promarkers and layered on K&Co paper.  Flowers, again have been re-coloured using promarkers.  Ribbon is brown grossgrain. Sentiment PC generated and cut with one of my new nestie labels.













Again, Lili of the valley stamp, flowers recoloured - this time i've covered them in 3-D gloss which has given them a great finish.  Paper K&Co - image coloured with promarkers.

I've got a pic of some of my new stash but i'll post tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment or become a follower to keep up to date with my random ramblings

Paula
x x x

2 comments:

  1. I love you weekend's projects. The wedding order of service is lovely. I'm helping a friend do hers soon and those are just the colours she wants too :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Paula! Love the cards and love the Order of Service Card, very pretty. Thanks for the tip on embossing from the printer, I had tried it and failed miserably but hadn't thought about changing the settings on the printer! Have a great week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails