Saturday, 6 February 2010

Tree-mendous!!!

I've been playing with my Ranger distressing inks today (Linda at a Crafting Journey will be proud of me) and a new embossing folder I bought a couple of weeks ago.

edited to say - the tree is an embossing folder - not a stamp - sorry for not making this clear!!

After popping over to Chrissies blog - Simply One of A Kind - I noticed a lovely card she had done as a DT member on the One Stop Craft Challenge - so being nosey, I checked out the other entries.  Guess what - I was so inspired by them all - and particularly the theme - Apple green, Chocolate and Clotted Cream, that I thought I would enter this one.

Here's my entry - I loved making this card which is an A5 easel card:

 

The DP is from some I got free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine some time ago, the card stock is a selection from my stash - I buy all my base card from the Papermill Shop, the little mullberry flowers I bought off e-bay recently, the plain green paper is a cut down 12x12 sheet from a K&Co pad - (Hopscotch) - everything inked with vintage photo distressing ink.  I coloured the leaves in on the embossed tree with my promarkers. 

  

The sentiment was a saying I found on the internet by poet Khalil Gibran (I wikipedia'd it - i'm no literary genius)!!!

Anyway - I'm going to submit this in Challenge 66 - Colour Challenge at the One stop Craft Challenge blog.  Hope they like it!!

Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment or become a follower to keep up to date with my random ramblings,

Paula
x x x

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful. No wonder you're so pleased with it...even them ol' distress inks look useable from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Paula. what a wonderful easel card! The art work in it is so gorgeous. I love how you have used the colors they gave us to use. And such a neat saying. I don't remember seeing this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul Wow i love this what a fab stamp that is it really is quite beautiful. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely Paula, lovin the stamp Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Paula. I love this stamp and what you've done with it. I've written my award blog so if you want a giggle drop in to check me out :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so glad I clicked on your link on the promarker blog, this card is stunning! I shall look forwards to seeing more of your work....beautiful!

    Warmest wishes Anita..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of easel cards and yours is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula, I'm so pleased you liked my choice of colour combo for the challenge this week, your card is gorgeous hun, love that embossing folder, thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Paula ;) Love the inking :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Paula, this is absolutely beautiful! LOVE the embossing folder, which brand is it?? The colours are just sublime too, great choice.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card. I love the tree embossing folder and your colour combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails