Sunday, 14 February 2010

Thank You For the Invite

This is a card I made yesterday which is an acceptance to a wedding invitation - we've accepted with great pleasure and feel honoured to be invited - as it isn't family (but as good as)! 

 

I have decided to enter it into the following challenge:
Our Creative Corner Challenge - the theme is Something that's OLD that's NEW! - basically this means use something in your stash that you've had for ages and use it either for the first time, or the first time ina while.

I have used OLD card stock and OLD ribbon and the sentiment is OLD and never been used before - all have been in my stash for ages.

I have made the flower myself out of OLD 80gsm paper and stamped up with my distressed ink 'old paper'.  I have done the same with the card, the embossed mat (cuttlebug embossing folder fleur de lys) and I've made a 'border' across the card using my new Martha Steward punch.  I'm really happy with the way that the flower came out - I spent a lot of time researching different techniques yesterday but tweeked it to suit me - I didn't have a flower punch large enough or with 6 petals so I made mine free hand and they ended up with 8 petals!!!  The leaves were purely cut free hand and inked up with 'peeled paint' distressed ink (lovely colour)...
I'll posts a step by step tutorial on my take on how to create a handmade flower later.

Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment or become a follower to keep up to date with my random ramblings,

Paula
x x x

8 comments:

  1. That is so pretty Paula. I'm sure it will be received with appreciaton of your skills.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely Paula. That Martha Stewart, she's turning up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very elegant. The MS punches are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, elegant card Paula :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely. I like the way you have placed your flower on one simple embossed panel. I think it looks very elegant like that. Your flower came out amazing. I have been wanting to make one like that, but I never thought of making it freehand. Would love to see a tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us at the OCC this week. Glad you were able to give some love to some of your old supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and layout Janna! LOVE the fun border and stunning flower!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your super scrummy spangly comment and for spending your valuable time letting me know what you think...

Crafty hugs, Paula x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails